*** Recruiting Thread ***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2Stater

And I agree about the coaching. I fully expect to see some changes in offensive coaching, particularly the O line. These guys were all highly rated out of high school. One or two may be dumber than a bundt cake and just don't get it, but I don't believe that of the majority. Something is lacking in the coaching that needs to be addressed.
    It's only been a few years ago that we had the highest rated group of OL recruits ever assembled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
      Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
      Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Long tme yet before he signs with anybody.

Comment

• https://247sports.com/college/alabam...ith--113567681
          Alabama offered a new defensive back target on Thursday.

Comment

• Saw Eddie Smith and Malik Langham trending towards us. Both are 3 stars. Don’t know much about Langham but Eddie is a 6’1” corner who many have said has the longest arms on a DB they have ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Down4ttown View Post
              Saw Eddie Smith and Malik Langham trending towards us. Both are 3 stars. Don’t know much about Langham but Eddie is a 6’1” corner who many have said has the longest arms on a DB they have ever seen.

Well if he can play with the arm flailing goodness of Levi Wallace then he could be fantastic.
              sigpic

Comment

• Big recruiting weekend coming up. Interesting to see what comes out of it

Comment

• Originally posted by Down4ttown View Post
                  Big recruiting weekend coming up. Interesting to see what comes out of it

No kidding. While I trust that Coach Saban & company have things under control, the fact that we've been plodding along without a big splash has been unnerving thus far. Add in the OC and DC departures with the pull of at least one recruit toward that shithole country Knoxville, and we need some momentum to close out strong.
                  "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                  Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                  Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                  Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post

No kidding. While I trust that Coach Saban & company have things under control, the fact that we've been plodding along without a big splash has been unnerving thus far. Add in the OC and DC departures with the pull of at least one recruit toward that shithole country Knoxville, and we need some momentum to close out strong.
                    Coordinators? We don't need no stinkin' coordinators.

Click image for larger version  Name:	burton-burns-title-rings.png Views:	1 Size:	857.6 KB ID:	44366

Click image for larger version  Name:	daring_medium.gif Views:	1 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	44365

Comment

• JJ Peterson will be on campus.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Some info from TS....

https://www.tidesports.com/alabama-r...d-period-ends/

We are in a tough spot with both co-ords open. Plus 10RC, FL & aTm will be more effective at recruiting. GA and LSU and even Miami will continue to get some guys.

It is what it is....but I think all the recent events are going to have some impact. Gotta hope the 'echo' from the natty will help a lot.

Comment

• More from TS:

https://www.tidesports.com/behind-sc...ng-staff-2018/

So why all the change this year? R-E-C-R-U-I-T-I-N-G. Saban sees an increasingly tough SEC landscape in which he has to recruit against Fisher/Smart/Muschamp/Pruitt/Etc., and he wasn’t content to stand pat. So, as weird as it looks from the outside, Saban re-evaluated his entire staff after the national title (in fact, he’d been doing it for most of the season). His ability to change when he sees a shift coming in college football or the SEC is part of his greatness.

Comment

JUNIOR COLLEGE
                            DT
                            Kendell Jones

Defensive Tackle
                            6′5″ / 355 lbs
                            Wesson, MS
                            Copiah-Lincoln
                            Class of 2018

Just wondering what happened to "HULK" and his hopes to return to Bama. “The comeback is real. I’m still truly in love with Alabama,” Jones said. “Coach Saban called my coach at junior college the other day and told him how they don’t want to lose me. I’m doing everything possible to stay in my books and still working out trying to lose weight."
                            Went to Copiah-Lincoln Community College (Wesson, Miss.),

haven't heard anything about him since he left for Miss CC book learning.

Comment

• before and after:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	5170383.png
Views:	1
Size:	573.3 KB
ID:	44435
                              he stayed in the lunchroom instead of the library

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunderballs View Post
                                before and after:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	5170383.png
Views:	1
Size:	573.3 KB
ID:	44435
                                he stayed in the lunchroom instead of the library

Is this for real?! Nooooo.

Comment

Working...
                                X