No announcement yet.

*** Recruiting Thread ***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big pick up...were #11 now. expect it to rise to top 5 by Sugar Bowl.
    https://bamahammer.com/2017/12/05/al...nerback-miami/
    Alabama football added another 2018 verbal commit at a position of utmost need, cornerback. Nadab Joseph, 4-Star CB from Miami announced to the Tide.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaholic
      I want to know why he's top 100 on Rivals and 500 and something on 247.

Comment

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/a...-saivion-smith
        another DB #1 JUCO CB!
        Alabama got some good news on the recruiting trail Wednesday afternoon as it picked up a commitment from JUCO cornerback Saivion Smith. Smith will come to

Comment

Am I right in thinking we can only have 22, maybe 23 this year? If so, top five is about the best you can do.

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrosky View Post
            Am I right in thinking we can only have 22, maybe 23 this year? If so, top five is about the best you can do.
            I think it's 21, Bill.

Comment

normally teams get 25. last year Bama Gshirted Parks and Blueshirted the Kicker Bulovas and the OL kid from Cullman, Hunter Brannon; so seems there would be 22 open spots, the other part is there are 14 scholarship seniors this year (makes the number +8 to the over side) while there are about 6-7 juniors who could declare for the draft. (reducing the number to +2-1 to the over side). Meaning that there would only need to be a couple transfers during the off season to even out the magic 85

Comment

We will end up closer to 25 than most think I'm sure. Always do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post
                  I prefer to sort by average stars anyway... #5 already...

Comment

I get the feeling we will take 22 unless some big names start to trend our way. Then we may have to look at making some room.

Comment

Pruitt all ready stealing 'cruits. 2018 receiver D.Fox. canceled weekend visit.
                      Pruitt was primary recruiter.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post

Pretty much expected that he would do that, winning the battle. I'm guessing Saban will win the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaholic

Yea I saw that. Oh well. We still got some big names out there. Ultimately we have lost some recruits but always seem to gain some as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

according to this article (just before this post) "...I expect Alabama will land junior college tight end Dominick Wood-Anderson when he makes his next commitment after de-committing from Texas. The Tide will only sign one tight end." since BAMA accepted the 3* Parker from H'ville this indicates they don't expect any other TE to commit and they are now finished with TE's?
                            With 10 days until early signing days, I be very nervous.... need some high potential or high *'ed 'cruits up in herr.

Comment

I think we will have to attempt to take the best product for the field. That may mean greyshirting or asking others to look elsewhere. We are in a unique situation that all teams face, and we have to take the best talent that transitions to our style of play. That said, I think we would take another TE commit at the moment.

Comment

Wondering how terrible it would be to not take a QB this year? with Mac red shirting this year, we in essence have a QB for 2018 and with the issue of taking the Bear's GreatGrandson or Tua's brother next year... well, maybe we don't take a QB for 2018 and be open to 2 for 2019?

Comment

Working...
                                X