Post Mortem Free Shoes & Crab Legs U

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crimsonboz View Post
    Jalen can't show you his improvement when he has no pocket to throw from. What few plays he had time to throw he made them. OL was not playing well and FSU has an elite defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ed Zachary! Not saying the O line doesn't need work, but FSU brought the lumber. Their D is very good. Jalen was running for his life an awful lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Down4ttown View Post
      We will see improvement before we play Vandy. I bet we come out and close September with a huge bang.

Vandy will be tough on D too. Mason has those boys riled up

Comment

I've heard a lot of this Jalen hasn't improved trash and it's simply not true. The throws he could make were on the damn money. Some called back and Ruggs missed a beautiful pass between his hands for a TD. The playcalling and OL line need to be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonboz
          I've heard a lot of this Jalen hasn't improved trash and it's simply not true. The throws he could make were on the damn money. Some called back and Ruggs missed a beautiful pass between his hands for a TD. The playcalling and OL line need to be better.

His accuracy was improved. His decision making on the read options and seeing blitzes and reading the D before the snap wasn't very good. I know he did practically none of the latter last year.

Comment

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/l...-florida-state
            Christopher Walsh takes a final look at No. 1 Alabama's 24-7 victory over No. 3 Florida State, with the debut of his game-review column "The Last Word."

Comment

Coaches name players of the week:

O: Ridley and Damien Harris
              D: SD Hamilton and Levi Wallace
              ST: Keaton Anderson, Minkah, Thomas Fletcher (snapper), and Harris

The Alabama coaching staff recognized seven players of the week following the Crimson Tide's 24-7 victory over third-ranked Florida State last Saturday in Atlanta, Ga., at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Damien Harris and Calvin Ridley on offense, Shaun Dion Hamilton and Levi Wallace on defense, and Keaton Anderson, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Thomas Fletcher and Harris, once again, on special teams.
              http://rolltide.com/news/2017/9/4/cr...-football.aspx

Comment

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/l...-florida-state

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Smh

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD

His accuracy was improved. His decision making on the read options and seeing blitzes and reading the D before the snap wasn't very good. I know he did practically none of the latter last year.
                    Sometimes it's the play calling there were two for sure plays he should have let the ball go and both were near the goal line. Goes back to them not wanting him to turn it over.

Here is one of them 17 is the guy

Comment

Hurts is still throwing late to the receivers crossing across the middle. He had much better timing on the deep balls the threw. Even in the warm-ups, he seems to throw late the the WR... on a side note, Tua's arm in warm-up was much stronger than Jalen's The ball snaps out of his arm. Not saying he should be starting, but I'm excited to see him progress and one day get his chance.

FSU's defense was ready and fast to the run. They were well schemed and had plenty of talent. I really don't have too much issue with our offense against what I saw live and then rewatched on TV the next day. We missed some plays for sure, but there was some serious talent on the other side of the ball and it showed. I would have like to see a bit more of Damien Harris in the back field as it appeared he had more "Pop" to his running than the Bo. I actually feel the play calling was rather good. Some missed reads by Hurts and a few missed blocks by the Oline stopped some drives.

As mentioned above, I don't get the 4th quarter clock management. I said the same thing in the Clemson game last year... why we don't run that clock out to the fullest when we have a decent lead is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                      X