*****Official Fresno State Post Mortem****

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *****Official Fresno State Post Mortem****

Felt like a lackluster performance over a spunky team. Cotton doesn't appear to be the answer. For that matter, this OLine is lacking the 'nastiness needed for greatness. Not a fan of the designated run for Hurts so often. And, all his passes were vertical if across the LOS. Do we not have any medium crossing or drag patterns he can hit? And, was that a tight end catching a pass?

Drop your thoughts here.
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Agree about the O line however I will raise you and say our D line looks soft. No push by either side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's still early in the season. Bulldogs came to play. Got some good receivers and a strong O line. Plus our line's are a little bit ragged from the seminoles. Cut em some slack. But yeah, Cotton had got to go.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Our D was playing very vanilla packages.

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
          Felt like a lackluster performance over a spunky team. Cotton doesn't appear to be the answer. For that matter, this OLine is lacking the 'nastiness needed for greatness. Not a fan of the designated run for Hurts so often. And, all his passes were vertical if across the LOS. Do we not have any medium crossing or drag patterns he can hit? And, was that a tight end catching a pass?

Drop your thoughts here.
          Leatherwood has taken some reps at RG I wouldn't be surprised if he is moved. Wills is also better than Womack. I think that will happen as well. Defense was in mush rush, not concerned. Evans will be back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonboz View Post

Leatherwood has taken some reps at RG I wouldn't be surprised if he is moved. Wills is also better than Womack. I think that will happen as well. Defense was in mush rush, not concerned. Evans will be back soon.
            It's a shame Wills got hurt last week during practice... Did he play yesterday?

These 2 games are the chances for the young guys to earn their spot. If Leatherwood isn't playing next week and Wills isn't healthy, might be a long shot to see them taking over in SEC play

Comment

I really got the feeling we were hiding a lot of stuff... I just wish Jalen got more practice passing than he did

Comment

Originally posted by Pinche Cabron View Post
                I really got the feeling we were hiding a lot of stuff... I just wish Jalen got more practice passing than he did
                Not gonna lie, I flat out cringe watching him carry the ball so many times in a game like that. Just wanted to see him sling it down field... Want to see those intermediate passes completed consistently

Comment

Originally posted by Tidestalker View Post

Not gonna lie, I flat out cringe watching him carry the ball so many times in a game like that. Just wanted to see him sling it down field... Want to see those intermediate passes completed consistently
                  Know what-cha mean. On his first TD run, the way he crossed the the goal-line and planted that leg, thought oh crap, there goes the knee.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinche Cabron View Post
                    We were very well hiding as much on D as O. We could have pressed with our starters and made it a 55-6 game, but we don't do that. The informed football fan, and most pollsters, know that Saban doesn't run the score up and he looks to shorten games. I think Fresno ends up a four- or five-loss team, with two coming from us and Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidestalker View Post

It's a shame Wills got hurt last week during practice... Did he play yesterday?

These 2 games are the chances for the young guys to earn their spot. If Leatherwood isn't playing next week and Wills isn't healthy, might be a long shot to see them taking over in SEC play
                      Yes Wills got in the game towards the end... He is a Big Dude. Not sure how to rate him against a beat down team that had little to no depth, And in today (Monday) practice 77 at RG and 74 at RT... maybe a solution?
                      Last edited by rolltide66; 09-11-2017, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Alabama coaches name 5 players of the week

Posted September 11, 2017 at 12:58 PM | Updated September 11, 2017 at 01:00 PM

Right tackle Matt Womack
                        Womack was named SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week.
                        Making his second career start, the redshirt sophomore didn’t allow any sacks or quarterback hurries, had three knockdown blocks and helped Alabama rush for 305 yards and three touchdowns.
                        Womack graded out at 90 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by rolltide66
                          Alabama coaches name 5 players of the week

Posted September 11, 2017 at 12:58 PM | Updated September 11, 2017 at 01:00 PM

Right tackle Matt Womack
                          Womack was named SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week.
                          Making his second career start, the redshirt sophomore didn’t allow any sacks or quarterback hurries, had three knockdown blocks and helped Alabama rush for 305 yards and three touchdowns.
                          Womack graded out at 90 percent.

Update

Wills took the reps at RT and Womack at RG. I think that combo is your dream team. Hope it sticks cotton isn't the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Boz -- Hope you are right about Womack & Willis being the "dream team" on the right of the OL. OL needs something to kick it up a notch. Actually a few notches.

If you reverse the names...Willis & Womack... sounds like a law firm!!

Comment

Originally posted by billbrosky View Post

know what-cha mean. On his first td run, the way he crossed the the goal-line and planted that leg, thought oh crap, there goes the knee.
                              yep yep yep!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X