Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Update

Hello folks

Looks like we will have the availability to use Evans, Moses, and Jennings this weekend. Jennings will have a snap count.

Media didn't disclose this but Moses was under concussion protocol.

A lot of people are worried about the defense, don't be. They made some adjustments and will have some starters back. The team gets along well so no issues from the 1 or 2 players being poison.

Also people seem to think the DB not turning is error it's not. It's what they call being in phase with the receiver. Saban is big on this and studies he has conducted shows the percentage of passes completed is less with this method. Take it for what it is. He believes if the DB turns to much they lose the phase of the receiver.

Offensively we tried a heavy package at practice this weak consisting of 6 OL and Brian Robinson at H Back. Should be interesting considering BR is a full grown man, hard to tell the difference between him and Bo standing side by side.

Also, with Jalen. A lot of his 1 read runs are scripted. People freak when he doesn't make multiple reads. I promise a lot of them are scripted to gain yardage. If they go empty set 1 guy has a shot at Jalen, if he whiffs Jalen names his yardage. Offense this year is run heavy with sprinkled high completion passes in space to play makers. Example is Foster, 7 yard pass but was given space to move.

People have asked about Ben Davis, basically what I've heard is this. He is soft as baby shit.

Look for Miller and Lewis to be back late Nov early Dec.

Forristall going out sucks but Irv Smith was and always has been the starter. He will have a big game or two this year.

Any questions just ask I'll try to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was one of the one's bitching about the DBs not turning. However, in Saban I trust.

Thanks Boz!

Comment

I assume Evans will still be at MLB but will he take over as the primary LB pass rusher since CM and AJ are out?

Comment

Originally posted by PCRammer
        I assume Evans will still be at MLB but will he take over as the primary LB pass rusher since CM and AJ are out?
        Evans is going to play inside and outside depending upon the look. Mack and SDH can handle inside, along with Kieth. They now have the ability/flexibility with evans back to do so.

Comment

With Vandy's style of offense I expect he'll get many more looks inside. Next week will be different.

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrosky
            With Vandy's style of offense I expect he'll get many more looks inside. Next week will be different.
            Yeah depends how they want to play their looks. Vandy seems like they want our heavy package in for a grind. We shall see, I've seen teams try and play stretch on us after showing a lot of film on heavy.

Comment

Kinda surprized about BR. didnt think he'd see the field this year

Comment

Thanks, Boz. Good stuff!

Comment

Thanks Boz. I have certainly missed posts like this. Could you comment on the performance of the OL. To me, they just aren't getting it done with any consistency. Can this OL get better? Or is this it? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by McBaman
                    Thanks Boz. I have certainly missed posts like this. Could you comment on the performance of the OL. To me, they just aren't getting it done with any consistency. Can this OL get better? Or is this it? Thanks.
                    They are trying out a new look in practice with Womack and Wills. They may use it in the game or start with it. They are getting there.

Comment

Thanks Boz! We appreciate any info you share with us! Seems like We should do some serious damage on Vandy this weekend.

Comment

Thanks Boz! Great info as always. Can't wait to see how this defense responds this week especially with some of the LBs back. The offense has been getting better each week. Should be interesting to watch the new heavy package you talk about.

Awesome to hear about Miller and Lewis potentially targeted for late Nov early Dec. That would be huge (gonna allow a lot of young guys to develop between now and then)

Comment

The turning of the head thing... Has to be coached as Boz suggests. To my amateur eyes it makes little sense because of the higher probability of PI calls, and basically disintegrates any possibility of an interception. I understanding daring the QB to beat you this way and it's worked... But big time players can make plays. CSU did it and so did Clemson... But it is what it is

Comment

Boz, in your OP, are you saying that there are 1 or 2 players who are poison, but that it's not a factor - or that there are no poison players?

Comment

Originally posted by prevatt33
                              Boz, in your OP, are you saying that there are 1 or 2 players who are poison, but that it's not a factor - or that there are no poison players?
                              No players who are poison. This team gets along well.

If you notice SDH said we need a come to Jesus meeting. It wasn't from motivation but from lack of understanding on younger players part. So a hard practice was all that was needed.

Got word this morning Jennings and Evans are good to go for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X