*****OFFICIAL Post Mortem Texas A&M*****

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *****OFFICIAL Post Mortem Texas A&M*****

Well, there should be quite a lot for Saban to use for focus purposes after this week. Not the type of finish he is probably looking for by any stretch. Injury bug continues to linger around. Some damn fine home cooking bullshit at times. Johnny Leprechaun visited on a few plays that seem to be our eternal Achilles heel. Otherwise, great pressure from our linemen, some of whom I need a program to identify now. Linebackers were balls out. Several sacks and many more narrow misses. Minkah was the spy on their #1 guy, and he probably won that battle but it was in doubt til the last possession. Offensively we looked lost at times. Not Hurts best game. Not Bo's best game. Not Foster's best game. Harris is still our best back. Daboll good at times, and questionable at others. Running became tough in 2nd half, and couldn't make them pay for being so aggressive. We are sure to see that approach more as the season progresses. Special teams deserved a handicap tag tonight. JK's worst performance I can remember and two games this year with a shank. PapaJohnNastos final field goal was actually more important than it ever should be.

"There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

A little dose of reality after the media machine has over hyped us for two weeks.

Comment

I'd like to be a fly on the practice field this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
        A little dose of reality after the media machine has over hyped us for two weeks.
        Rat Poison
        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Comment

Dabol's play calling was too plain vanilla and predictable, and he didn't adjust well to what the aTm D was doing. He's got to get better at making adjustments if he's going to be a good game day coach. Jalen was Jalen. To me this is who he is.. Makes me nervous but I'll admit he did convert a few 3rd downs in the 4th qtr. Too many PI calls on DBs. OL was getting blown up most of the night. aTm DL too quick for them. YIKES!!!

And oh yea... SEC refs still suck.

Comment

yes to the Ref's Sucking... these guys give sux a bad name.... Jalen is Jalen... I think if the next teams double Ridley, they can pretty much shut down the passing game. Jalen seems to have a hard time consistently hitting the others. (other than screens to Bo).
            I was really shocked at the lack of adjustment after half. (other than the 1st drive). Just seemed we came out, scored and thought that was it.
            Was a terribly physical game, we again continued to loose valuable bodies on D. With Tony out, and when the Buggs got dinged... my wife was worried I would have to go in next..
            lot to worry about... but a good team bounces back
            Roll Tide... Rat Poison or No.

Comment

Poor ol Arkansas. They're going to feel the wrath of this week's practice

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by McBaman
                Dabol's play calling was too plain vanilla and predictable, and he didn't adjust well to what the aTm D was doing. He's got to get better at making adjustments if he's going to be a good game day coach. Jalen was Jalen. To me this is who he is.. Makes me nervous but I'll admit he did convert a few 3rd downs in the 4th qtr. Too many PI calls on DBs. OL was getting blown up most of the night. aTm DL too quick for them. YIKES!!!

And oh yea... SEC refs still suck.
                The play calling always looks bad when the execution sucks.

Comment

And yet, if Foster catches the pass where he was all alone, he scores and the game is put away, even with all the home cooking. He then drops the next pass and the tone was set for the rest of the game. I'm guessing lessons will be learned from all that in practice this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

The play calling always looks bad when the execution sucks.
                    This.

Comment

Hurts is still struggling finding receivers and making decisions. Also, the OL did not pass protect as poorly as he made them look, IMO. Many times he'd leave a pocket and the blocking would break down because he'd move the wrong direction. Blocks could not be sustained without holding.

With that said, Bozeman did have a rough night run blocking. Their DT was eating him up.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Raekwondavis_99/...78444424474624

He really pose to been sack, that was on me

Raekwon Davis added,

0:25
                        Albert BreerVerified account @AlbertBreer

10:25 AM - 8 Oct 2017
                        Last edited by Hannibal Lecter MD; 10-08-2017, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD
                          Hurts is still struggling finding receivers and making decisions. Also, the OL did not pass protect as poorly as he made them look, IMO. Many times he'd leave a pocket and the blocking would break down because he'd move the wrong direction. Blocks could not be sustained without holding.

With that said, Bozeman did have a rough night run blocking. Their DT was eating him up.
                          Hurts has hit each of our starters 6 or more times, they showed it on a chart last night. His read to ruggs was perfect.

Last night was a combo of dropped passes, bad OL play, bad ST and Jalen missing a few passes.

AM is number 2 in sacks Btw and their run def gives up 118 yards per game.

Btw straight from one of our OL they said they sucked last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonboz View Post

Hurts has hit each of our starters 6 or more times, they showed it on a chart last night. His read to ruggs was perfect.

Last night was a combo of dropped passes, bad OL play, bad ST and Jalen missing a few passes.

AM is number 2 in sacks Btw and their run def gives up 118 yards per game.

Btw straight from one of our OL they said they sucked last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            6 catches per receiver in 6 games really isn't very impressive. That graphic wasn't meant to show good distribution, it was meant to show how lopsided the completions have been to Ridley. The 2nd leading receiver was the backup running back.

The OL did struggle at times, but there were also other times when they had a perfect pocket formed and Jalen flushed and ran himself into trouble for seemingly no reason.

Comment

https://twitter.com/tidelife16/statu...26027925663744

Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Comment

Working...
                              X