X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we win in two weeks?

Serious question.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Something different than we did last night, like play assignment football.

Narrow the A gap opening where a Mack truck can't go through it.

Sit Tony Brown.

Get Holcomb to man up.

Get the O line to man up.

Comment

Out score them.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

1. Face the fact that the OL can't man up and design a game plan with shorter passes -- slants etc, -- and screens that [1] get the ball out quicker and [2] take advantage of an aggressive pass rush.
        2. Stop practicing Einstein's definition of insanity and stop trying to run anywhere between the tackles most of the time. Run sweeps and the kind of end-around plays that worked in 4thQ vs. MSU.
        3. Pray that by doing the above we can sustain a drive long enough to give the D a rest. Also, running sideline-to-sideline will tire out Barn's D.
        4. As other poster said, D especially has to play assignment ball. Expect some new tricks from Gus.
        5. DB's can't give up lots of big plays. They will throw long. A couple of INT's would sure help.
        6. Get to Stidham. He's not that fleet afoot.

I think we can win this game but gotta play best game of the season and can't give up big plays or make dumb mistakes. That's how Barn wins games, i.e. when other team makes dumb mistakes. Force them to earn it against the best D they have faced all year.

Comment

Before Saturday, Bama was a 10 point favorite over the barn. It is now down to 3.

Comment

Originally posted by McBaman View Post
            Force them to earn it against the best D they have faced all year.
            Given Bama's linebackers situation, that's no longer the case (see Clemson and perhaps LSU). By gametime Auburn will likely be a solid favorite and will deserve to be.

Comment

AU beat Miss St 49-10, yet lost to LSU by 4

Are they still an inconsistent team, or have they found what works?

Last edited by Biff; 11-13-2017, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Don't stop running just because it is 2nd and 8. How many times does daboll do that? If we get less than 4 on first down, it's like clockwork that it will be a pass. I would rather jalen have 3rd and 4 than 3rd and 8 or 15, because he was sacked or thrown an incomplete pass.

Comment

At 67 I'm not smart enough to understand the Bama offensive plan when playing teams that rush 8 people on every play. I believe Nick and staff have gotten great mileage out of pretty good defense but one that isn't elite. The pressure that will be placed on Jalen to produce will be greater than ever. If he makes some mistakes then the game could get away from us early. I am sure Nick would love to keep giving Bo snaps but now is the time to allow Josh those snaps (reverse the the batting order). We need a shake and bake guy more at this point. We will need for the barn QB to shet the bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                    Don't stop running just because it is 2nd and 8. How many times does daboll do that? If we get less than 4 on first down, it's like clockwork that it will be a pass. I would rather jalen have 3rd and 4 than 3rd and 8 or 15, because he was sacked or thrown an incomplete pass.
                    Hell I am all in for those speed sweeps again....we've played 10 games and not one successful screen pass that I recall....even the bubble screens suck and that is with 8 men rushing every down.

Comment

I think we have to utilize Tua. We have 2 weeks to get it right.

We can't save anything for a future game. We lose this one, and it's over.

Comment

Get drunk enough not to care about the outcome.

Comment

Stock up on Spike 80df

Comment

Buy a local trailer park to the Auburn campus and evict all the students.

Comment

Leave a fat package of Spice on a couple of the Barn players' windshields for them to find during the week. Note attached "Remember to Share"

Comment

Working...
                              X