Interesting Statistical Notes regarding Bama & Auburn vs. Mississippi State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Statistical Notes regarding Bama & Auburn vs. Mississippi State

Mississippi State had 351 total yards on offense against Auburn, they had 330 total yards on offense against Alabama.
    In the rushing category, Mississippi State rushed for 194 yards on 47 attempts against Auburn. They rushed for 172 yards on 49 attempts against Alabama.

MSU's one place that it performed better against us was converting 3rd downs.

So, while Auburn on the scoreboard beat Mississippi State worse than we did, statistically, they didn't perform any better against MSU's running game. It can be argues that MSU is perhaps even better now than they were when the played Auburn.
    Last edited by Bama Ravens; 11-13-2017, 10:25 AM.

Also, it was 28-10 at the start of the 4th quarter and MSU fell apart... much like in our game. MSU play auburn in a much closer game than people remember if you had watch the game...

Now, having said that... a good chuck of MSU yardage came on the last 2 drives of the game for MSU against auburn's 2nd team...

Comment

Asf

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bama Ravens View Post
        Mississippi State had 351 total yards on offense against Auburn, they had 330 total yards on offense against Alabama.
        In the rushing category, Mississippi State rushed for 194 yards on 47 attempts against Auburn. They rushed for 172 yards on 49 attempts against Alabama.

MSU's one place that it performed better against us was converting 3rd downs.

So, while Auburn on the scoreboard beat Mississippi State worse than we did, statistically, they didn't perform any better against MSU's running game. It can be argues that MSU is perhaps even better now than they were when the played Auburn.
        Yeah, but flip it though. How id they do at stopping Auburn's running game. How about Auburn's passing?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Balls View Post

Yeah, but flip it though. How id they do at stopping Auburn's running game. How about Auburn's passing?
          about the same.... Bama against MSU 444 (242p-202r) vs auburn against MSU 511 (267p-244r). And their 2nd string QB ran one for 67 yards during trash time at the end of the game.

Comment

Ok, I get the feeling that some are inclined to start Chicken Littling after this past weekend. I was a little worried too, but I'm feeling better about things. Our O will carry the day. Our O line will still suck, but Jalen will rise to the occasion with his best game of the year. Ridley will carve up the secondary with his razor sharp routes. Jacobs and Harris will jet sweep run the barn's ass to death. Look for a deadly screen pass for a big gain or score also.

Our D will probably play much better after the nurturing and soothing words that Saban will use in practice the next 2 weeks. I feel that Miller and Lewis will return, and return hangry. A gnat won't be able to squeeze through the middle of our line, much less the MSU Mack truck. And Scott will return with his bionic foot messaged and ready to boom the one or two punts that we'll have in the game.

C'mon, guys:

Click image for larger version

Name:	nick-saban.jpg?w=490.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	38233

Saban says we got this!!!

Comment

It definitely isn't just this past weekend. It started with LSU or maybe even A&M, which reminds us of the trend towards the end of last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                It definitely isn't just this past weekend. It started with LSU or maybe even A&M, which reminds us of the trend towards the end of last year.
                Party pooper!

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                  Only this year we have all the injuries.

Comment

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2017/11...sissippi-state
                    Told Y'all I was right.

Comment

I'm glad to see articles like that. I despise the BS ones that talk about "I was born for this", "get on the bus". Stop talking and just don't throw the ball in the dirt, mmkay

Comment

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaholic

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
                          My hope is renewed.

Comment

My upcoming daughter is named after the chic on the rights titties.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post
                              Couldn't agree with you more. Whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X