Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Mortem - The Barn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Post Mortem - The Barn

    Another frustrating game to watch. From poor play selection, to poor player rotation, to poor decision making, to poor execution, to poor composure, to pure crap performance at times. Jalen had his worst game of his career. More penalties than ever on both sides of the ball and at the worst times. Choosing the swing pass to Bo while two other much more mobile running backs stand on the sideline is baffling to me. Pulling Harris after two good runs, then he never sees the field again the 1st half. Still running the crossing route 1 yd short of the sticks.this late in the season. Failing to finish tackles. Can't get off the field on 3rd down and can't convert on 3rd down. And two early snaps, back to back, while Jalen is still reading the defense. Le'ts not forget the muffed fieldgoal snap through JK's hands, although he throws a better ball than Jalen in the 10 yard range. Astoundingly uncharacteristic of Saban coached teams. Maybe Saban's worst performance of the year, too. Takes two T.O.s to halftime, but lacks any T.O.s with 3 minutes left in the game. Didn't really matter since Jalen can't run a 2 minute offense.

    Now this team's destiny rests in the hands of others, the worst position to be in but maybe the best in the long run for the future this year and later.
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

  • #2
    Sorry but this team does not deserve to be in the playoffs. We've played nobody all season until the last 3 conference games, and they were very telling. I don't want to hear about injuries, our issues were on offense. Jalen has peaked as a qb. There was ZERO progress from last year to this year.

    Eta: something can be said about the win over FSU but I don't put too much weight on preseason rankings.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


    Last edited by Biff; 11-25-2017, 07:03 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      We are not a championship caliber team this year. We just don't seem to have any explosive players or seem to have any urgency. There are great men on this team that are great players but they are not meshing well.

      Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #4
        Agreed. A championship team doesn't prepare for 2 weeks and play like we did.

        Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          Wow! SMH. We have a bad game against a prepared Auburn team in their back yard and you're running like rats off a sinking ship. Imma disappoint in the Woolly crew.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 2Stater
            Wow! SMH. We have a bad game against a prepared Auburn team in their back yard and you're running like rats off a sinking ship. Imma disappoint in the Woolly crew.
            Why weren't we "prepared"?

            Sometimes you just gotta take off the crimson glasses and see what's actually in front of you

            Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Biff View Post
              Why weren't we "prepared"?

              Sometimes you just gotta take off the crimson glasses and see what's actually in front of you

              Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              When Auburn is good, JHS is a very tough place to play. We have a very good chance to advance to the final 4. Don't give up on this team.

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm with Biff about Jalen having peaked. I thought he showed me something at Miss St but tonight he showed me that was a fluke. I've doubted all year we could win an NC with Jalen as our QB. CNS doesn't see it that way but I think spring ball and fall camp next year are gonna be real competitive at QB. CNS said receivers weren't getting open but to me Jalen just didn't see too many open receivers. This has been an issue all year and tonight it bit us.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I swear to God I don't understand the lack of Damien Harris this year. Jesus Christ. Shit we won a natty with Ingrem/Mcleroy and Henry/Coker with the play action. I dunno man. Very unsettling to say the least. Roll Tide.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by McBaman View Post
                    I'm with Biff about Jalen having peaked. I thought he showed me something at Miss St but tonight he showed me that was a fluke. I've doubted all year we could win an NC with Jalen as our QB. CNS doesn't see it that way but I think spring ball and fall camp next year are gonna be real competitive at QB. CNS said receivers weren't getting open but to me Jalen just didn't see too many open receivers. This has been an issue all year and tonight it bit us.
                    Exactly, like when he tried to hit 3 across the middle and Jeudy was wide ass open for a TD on the left side.
                    Stephen A. Smith agrees..."Jalen is not the dude" Maybe this was just a bad game?
                    I think the abundance of RB's actually hurt, no one got a chance to really get on track. Would have been nice to see a few more opps for 34, but here again, I am not the best coach in football.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 2Stater

                      When Auburn is good, JHS is a very tough place to play. We have a very good chance to advance to the final 4. Don't give up on this team.
                      It's not about giving up on this team, I haven't. It's about facing the fact that we aren't as strong of a team this year. Our offense has not improved at all from last year, when in theory and on paper, it should have, with the players we had returning. Was the problem a new OC? Idk, maybe.
                      But it's hard to tell where you as a team when you play TNs and Vandys. When you don't face any real competition, you have this false since of dominance.
                      While other teams continued to improve throughout the season, we really didn't. Again, hard to tell against Vandys and Ole Miss. But our back heavy schedule told the tale.

                      Championship teams do not save their worst performance till the last, most important game of the year.

                      Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Judging from the news stories out of New York, we should have started the basketball team on the defensive line.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post
                          Judging from the news stories out of New York, we should have started the basketball team on the defensive line.
                          Amen. Even though the BB team lost too, it felt like a win, almost coming back with just 3 players.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Everyone keeps talking about being in the CFB Playoff, but unless we get to play Auburn again (and beat them), I don't want us to go. Even if we won the NC, a title with a loss to Auburn would feel hollow.

                            Having a loss to Auburn isn't like having a loss to Texas A&M or Ole Miss.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Every game Bama played this year we saw pretty much the same Jalen and his passing process. That is 27 football games and he's still pretty much where he was vs USC. He really lacks that confidence to let it go thus the hesitation and then everything sometimes turns into a clusterfeck. Nick has given these two full years and I fully expect him to have a reset at QB and I hope that involved this Bowl game. Perhaps a two QB plan with Tua getting 1st call and Jalen for a change with more running. Jalen has been the Man for 25 wins out of 27.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X