Post Mortem - The Barn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bama Ravens View Post
    Everyone keeps talking about being in the CFB Playoff, but unless we get to play Auburn again (and beat them), I don't want us to go. Even if we won the NC, a title with a loss to Auburn would feel hollow.

Having a loss to Auburn isn't like having a loss to Texas A&M or Ole Miss.

I'll take the other side of this one. If UGA beats Barn knocking them out and somehow Bama gets in the Playoff and wins the NC, damn, I'll take that. An NC is still an NC. Plus, imagine how that would stick in the Barn's craw. They beat Bama and Bama still wins the NC. Ha! Gotta love it.

In both AP and Coaches polls of toady (11/26) Bama is 5th. It will take some serious luck for us to get in. Not impossible but not high probability.

Comment

Bama still 4/1 to win it all

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by McBaman View Post

I'll take the other side of this one. If UGA beats Barn knocking them out and somehow Bama gets in the Playoff and wins the NC, damn, I'll take that. An NC is still an NC. Plus, imagine how that would stick in the Barn's craw. They beat Bama and Bama still wins the NC. Ha! Gotta love it.

In both AP and Coaches polls of toady (11/26) Bama is 5th. It will take some serious luck for us to get in. Not impossible but not high probability.
        You're right. I made my comment in anger and frustration, and after further reflection, I don't feel the same way as I did when I made that post. I would be happy to get in the playoffs, and who knows? maybe we will get another shot at Auburn.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
          Wow! SMH. We have a bad game against a prepared Auburn team in their back yard and you're running like rats off a sinking ship. Imma disappoint in the Woolly crew.
          That's my boy; talking rats, Aubs, and ships.

Comment

I agree with Biff. I won't no part of the possibility of losing to the barn in the playoffs. Imagine losing twice in the same year to them? And loose in the NCCG on top of it! Do y'all really want that possibility? I know we would probably win second time around bla bla. I say take the L. Get healed. Win a good bowl game. Finish in the top 5. Come back stronger next year. If UGA wins, I'm all in

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post
              I agree with Biff. I won't no part of the possibility of losing to the barn in the playoffs. Imagine losing twice in the same year to them? And loose in the NCCG on top of it! Do y'all really want that possibility? I know we would probably win second time around bla bla. I say take the L. Get healed. Win a good bowl game. Finish in the top 5. Come back stronger next year. If UGA wins, I'm all in

Fear is a terrible motivator. Why don't you get on the bandwagon to move them to the east so we can dodge them every year? We are steady, they have to peak and crash to accomplish anything. They will be a shit team next year, I want them now.

Look at our game. 4th and 2 offside giving them a first down, a turnover, WR running a 2-yard route on 4th and 3, a botched FG attempt, botched snaps, seven RB rushing attempts in the last 28 minutes of the game, gimmicky passes out of the wildcat, not containing the QB when in man. We play a better game, mentally, and we win. Should've beaten them there, we nail those fuckers on a neutral site.

Never shy away from contact. Roll Tide, friend.

Comment

Well...here it is in a nutshell. This was by far one of our worst efforts as a football program since the 2003 season...and that was with a coach who didn't get hired until after Spring camp, never had built a playbook for college football (didn't even realize the hashmark difference until some point in September), huge NCAA sanction depth problems.

Injuries affected things on defense but the offense flat out let us down. The defense held them to 26 while a bit gimped and short handed. The offense needed to produce and they were flat out awful. Playcalling, execution, etc. This was awful and not in-keeping with the uniform they wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Clown View Post
                  The defense held them to 26 while a bit gimped and short handed.
                  This. I thought holding them around the mid 20's would win the game for Alabama.

Comment

Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

Fear is a terrible motivator. Why don't you get on the bandwagon to move them to the east so we can dodge them every year? We are steady, they have to peak and crash to accomplish anything. They will be a shit team next year, I want them now.

Look at our game. 4th and 2 offside giving them a first down, a turnover, WR running a 2-yard route on 4th and 3, a botched FG attempt, botched snaps, seven RB rushing attempts in the last 28 minutes of the game, gimmicky passes out of the wildcat, not containing the QB when in man. We play a better game, mentally, and we win. Should've beaten them there, we nail those fuckers on a neutral site.

Never shy away from contact. Roll Tide, friend.
                    Although I like our chances in a rematch on a neutral site. I'm not sure If I want the possibility of a L. I don't even live in Alabama. I can't imagine what life in the state would be like if we lost the Natty to them. That would diminish everything Saban has accomplished in the rivalry. I can hear it now...." But,but,but we beat y'all twice! AND beat y'all in the Natty!
                    are any of y'all really open to that possibility? I do like our chances...but I DO fear the possible consequences If we lost. think of the ripple effect.
                    Again, UGA wins?...lets Roll the dice.

Comment

For the record, I'm not scared of playing AU again, or any team for that matter.
                      I just simply do not believe we are one of the 4 best teams in college football this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X