**Official Bama in the Playoffs Thread**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post
    I like BAMA football, and screw everyone else.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
    FTFY
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman
      It can't be said too often: Betting lines don't reflect the bookies' opinion of how games will turn out. Rather, the initial line reflects what the bookies anticipate will be the public's opinion on that subject. When one team starts getting too much play, the bookies of course adjust the line to try to even out the betting on each team, which is the ideal win-win financial position for them. To the extent that betting lines turn out to accurately predict the actual outcome, it's an example of "the wisdom of crowds," not the prescience of bookies.
      I understand that, Sid, though you did a good job with the explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

I understand that, Sid, though you did a good job with the explanation.
        I personally agree with you that, in view of the last three conference games, regarding Bama as any kind of favorite is "insane." I tried to make the same point before the Auburn game. Apparently the bookies assume that the public has its collective mind set on autopilot when it comes to evaluating Bama football.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	24177145_1513572095404745_595186800966696268_n.jpg?oh=ef6d5183de367cd20cb7f744fd908245&oe=5AD4D66F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	39886

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman

Apparently the bookies assume that the public has its collective mind set on autopilot when it comes to evaluating Bama football.
            And the public does. There’s a couple instances of that in this thread alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Balls View Post

And the public does. There’s a couple instances of that in this thread alone.
              FOH, my mind's not on autopilot just because I haven't joined the doom & gloomers and worrywarts but even if it was could I be blamed? Yeah I'm sauced on the crimson kool-aid right now but Alabama has been the best program, bar none, of the last ten years and I don't think the run is over. I love our chances against any fucking body. While y'all are worried that we have to play Clemson, it feels like you forgot that Clemson has to play BAMA.

Clemson is undoubtedly a good team, but they ain't some big bad wolf to me. They lost to Syracuse(and they were losing BEFORE their QB went out before some jabroni says "but...but their QB"), so they aren't infallible. But hey, go ahead and suck that tiger dick and see what you get. Alabama has something to prove. When was the last time they went into a game with such a big chip on their shoulders, 2011 maybe? Besides, win or lose(and don't ever get it fucked up, they will win), I'd rather have had a chance at the natty than walk out of some lesser bowl game with a dominating win.

We have a month for our guys to get healthy, to revise and tweak the gameplan, to get better, to rally together and (re-)strengthen their bonds, a month to prepare lead by Nick fucking Saban. Clemson, prepare thy anus for the glory of the coming of the Lord. Roll Tide.

Comment

The SEC is either getting a lot of respect or they think we're fools and will blindly bend the line in our direction. LSU is a point or two favorite over Notre Dame and South Carolina is a big 8-9 point favorite over Michigan. Even the close line with Oklahoma a 1.5pt favorite over Georgia seems generous unless it's assumed Georgia can dominate the line on both sides.

Comment

Hey fellas - Sorry I've been a bad woolly'er. But I gotta chime in for the playoff push!!!

PS - Wasn't worried AT ALL after the tOSU loss. Right after Bama lost to Auburn, the National Championship odds came out and Bama was still tops at 4-1. Vegas always seems to know this shit. Clearly they expected tOSU to win their game and us to get in... And believe me, nothing makes me happier than Urban Meyer tears. Dream scenario for your boy! Roll Tide

Comment

On another note... Posted this elsewhere but wanted to bring it to y'all too.... What ya think?

It's time for Saban & CO. to play 2 QB's. And for goodness sakes it's not about being a Hurts "Hater"... As I believe he's improved and very capable... It's about playing a very talented player that brings a different skill set to an offense that has struggled the last 2 games.

I would say at least half of our pass plays end with Jalen running to his right for one reason or another. Having a package for the lefty makes all the sense in the world. Not only is he a great thrower but athletic enough to surprise the hell of Clemson with a read option. But most importantly he's got a great arm... Why not use it?

And please don't with the "too big of a risk", or Tua might turn it over, or about how its unconventional and Hurts has this under control... The offense has stunk and Jalen's passing is a big part of it. It cannot get much more painful than the passing game we've seen in the Washington, Clemson, and and Auburn games. There has been 0 consistency... Literally...So using another QB could not make it worse.

I love what Hurts brings in terms of mental toughness and running ability. But there is so much more for this offense. Using Tua 2-3 series' vs Clemson and Oklahoma will be a great spark for this offense, and certainly something the defense could not be prepared for. More importantly it's using a very talented player to make the offense better...

RMFTR

Comment

Congrats Minkah! Thorpe award winner.
                      Best db in the nation, bitches!

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X