National Championship Game Talk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2Stater

Traffic nightmare will become SUPER-traffic nightmare.
    Security is going to be amped up too. No sneaking liquor into the stadium for this game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

http://thespun.com/college-football/...nal-title-game
      Here's ESPN's score prediction for the title game.

Comment

• brian
        brian commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, this guy sure nailed it for the semifinals. His prediction---Clemson 27, Alabama 24, and OK 31, UGA 29. How's he still got a job?

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy
        Security is going to be amped up too. No sneaking Ruger into the stadium for this game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
        That either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/f...nal-title-game
          This time last year, Lane Kiffin was helping Alabama prepare for the national championship. This time around, the Florida Atlantic head coach and former Cr

Comment

Kiff will do anything to get publicity. This is hardly breakthrough thinking/insight.

Comment

I don't think Georgia's offensive gameplan will be that elaborate. If it is, I think they will screw up. They should pound and use play action. We don't have the heavies that we used to clogging up the run game.

I think it's our O that's likely going to need to break out a few tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD
                I don't think Georgia's offensive gameplan will be that elaborate. If it is, I think they will screw up. They should pound and use play action. We don't have the heavies that we used to clogging up the run game.

Hanni you haven’t seen the heavy package yet but you will and oh btw they run the pick play ....

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonboz

Hanni you haven’t seen the heavy package yet but you will and oh btw they run the pick play ....

We've seen it on goal line situations and some against LSU I believe. We don't have the number or the talent that we've had in past years. You really can't argue against that, and it's mostly due to changing offenses and our recruiting focus. Payne is the only one in there that is truly a significant force comparable to years past, though I did like seeing Davis step up his game again Clemson.

I'm not saying they're going to run through his like shit through a tin horn, but I still think that their smartest gameplan is to pound and wear us down. I think they will have a very similar gameplan to 2008-2012 Alabama.

Comment

A guy in my office, very obnoxious UGA fan, just bought 2 suite tickets for $4000 a piece.

$4K
                    4 with three zeros

Each
                    As in per ticket

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                      A guy in my office, very obnoxious UGA fan, just bought 2 suite tickets for $4000 a piece.

$4K
                      4 with three zeros

Each
                      As in per ticket

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      This might be the only time in his lifetime that his team is in the championship game.....

"There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                      Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                      Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Kiffin interview

https://twitter.com/WJOX945/status/948986272407805953

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

I with Hanni on this point about the O needing to do more than they did vs. Clemson. Break out the tricks -- if they have any. Gotta get 35 mins of possession.

Jalen (and Tua) need to throw for 200 yds, which means we need a game plan & play calling which will permit that to happen. Unless we are just running all over them and don't need to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD

We've seen it on goal line situations and some against LSU I believe. We don't have the number or the talent that we've had in past years. You really can't argue against that, and it's mostly due to changing offenses and our recruiting focus. Payne is the only one in there that is truly a significant force comparable to years past, though I did like seeing Davis step up his game again Clemson.

I'm not saying they're going to run through his like shit through a tin horn, but I still think that their smartest gameplan is to pound and wear us down. I think they will have a very similar gameplan to 2008-2012 Alabama.
                            There is literally nothing I can say to make Hanni happy

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonboz

There is literally nothing I can say to make Hanni happy

Don't let me drag you down. I don't like to go in with too much enthusiasm and crash. Just a difference in personality and nothing more. I have to mentally prepare for something realistic, including a loss, or I will be down for 2-3 weeks afterwards.

Overall, I think my assessment was fair. It doesn't mean I think we're doomed. Just not built quite like other teams in the past to stop the power run.

Comment

Working...
                              X