Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Mortem Championship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Thunderballs View Post

    I'm sure it will be spinned by opposing coaches saying--you won't see the field since all these freshman are good enough to play in the crucial minutes of the national championship game....
    Depends on the position. The way the college game is going these days,-- both the speed of the game and injuries -- you need depth at every position, and need freshmen ready to play to achieve that depth.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

      I'm personally fine with kicking him off the team permanently.
      Overreact much? He let his testosterone take over at a bad time and got caught looking like a jackass on TV. He apologized for it. It's not a big deal. I'd be surprised and absolutely not fine if he got kicked off the team for that.
      Last edited by Trob; 01-10-2018, 08:14 PM.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Trob View Post

        Overreact much? He let his testosterone take over at a bad time and it got caught looking like a jackass on TV. He apologized for it. It's not a big deal. I'd be surprised and absolutely not fine if he got kicked off the team for that.
        I heard today that he apologized to the entire team. I also heard that he will be doing a little "extra" work in the off season.

        Comment


        • #94
          #NotMyRB

          Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Trob View Post

            Overreact much? He let his testosterone take over at a bad time and got caught looking like a jackass on TV. He apologized for it. It's not a big deal. I'd be surprised and absolutely not fine if he got kicked off the team for that.
            Not an overreaction. Anywhere else but a football field and he would no longer be a member of the organization. He could apologize for it all he wanted and it wouldn't make a difference.
            barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

            Comment


            • #96
              On the Twitter feed to the right, this is pretty good.

              barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
                On the Twitter feed to the right, this is pretty good.
                Ha! You beat me to it, Barney. Was just about to post this.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

                  Not an overreaction. Anywhere else but a football field and he would no longer be a member of the organization. He could apologize for it all he wanted and it wouldn't make a difference.
                  Number one, that's not true. Number two, it is football so yeah it's an overreaction. These are young males playing a sport that encourages aggression, especially for defensive players like Brown. Best believe it's not the first time someone on this team has let their emotions get the best of them this year; it just happened to get caught on camera this time. I saw (and on occasion was party to) stuff like that all the time when I played ball, again when I was in the Army. It comes with the territory and any coach worth his salt would know that. It's a teaching moment, not a get kicked out of school moment.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Trob View Post

                    Number one, that's not true. Number two, it is football so yeah it's an overreaction. These are young males playing a sport that encourages aggression, especially for defensive players like Brown. Best believe it's not the first time someone on this team has let their emotions get the best of them this year; it just happened to get caught on camera this time. I saw (and on occasion was party to) stuff like that all the time when I played ball, again when I was in the Army. It comes with the territory and any coach worth his salt would know that. It's a teaching moment, not a get kicked out of school moment.
                    I didn't say he needed to be kicked out of school. Never implied that in the slightest. I said he shouldn't be a part of the team anymore. I'm all for him finishing his education and getting his degree.

                    I don't have an issue with him "punching" (which is not an accurate description but the one that's been tossed out) the Georgia player after the kickoff. My issue comes that when coaches start calling him out for his screw up, he wanted to go after them. Make your mistake, but be able to accept your mistake. Between the lines, lots of things happen. Between players, lots of things happen. Between players and coaches? That's not supposed to happen.
                    barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

                      I didn't say he needed to be kicked out of school. Never implied that in the slightest. I said he shouldn't be a part of the team anymore. I'm all for him finishing his education and getting his degree.

                      I don't have an issue with him "punching" (which is not an accurate description but the one that's been tossed out) the Georgia player after the kickoff. My issue comes that when coaches start calling him out for his screw up, he wanted to go after them. Make your mistake, but be able to accept your mistake. Between the lines, lots of things happen. Between players, lots of things happen. Between players and coaches? That's not supposed to happen.
                      If we went by this logic...Ronnie Harrison would not have been on the team. Remember when he tried to go after Eddie Jackson in the USC game? I'd rather have it as a teaching moment. Harrison calmed way down after that incident. He was very hot headed before it. Kicking them off the team would be the worst thing to do. Now if he is a repeat offender...then heavier consequences are required at that time.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

                        I didn't say he needed to be kicked out of school. Never implied that in the slightest.
                        He's at the school on a football scholarship. Unless I missed a change in how scholarships work (which is very likely), if he gets kicked off the team, he loses the scholarship. Doesn't necessarily mean he can't afford tuition otherwise but it does potentially end up with him being out of the school altogether.


                        Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
                        I don't have an issue with him "punching" (which is not an accurate description but the one that's been tossed out) the Georgia player after the kickoff. My issue comes that when coaches start calling him out for his screw up, he wanted to go after them. Make your mistake, but be able to accept your mistake.
                        He did accept his mistake and apologized for it.

                        “I really felt like a jerk,” Brown told Yahoo Sports in the Alabama locker room. “That’s not how I am. I wanted to win, that’s what it was. I did something stupid. I could have cost us the game.” "Me and the coach, we talked about it,” Brown said. “I said I was sorry, and he apologized to me, too. We were both good from there."

                        I'm sure there will be other disciplinary measures taken but unless he has a history of this, which there doesn't seem to be any indication of to my knowledge, being kicked off the team should absolutely not be one.

                        Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
                        Between the lines, lots of things happen. Between players, lots of things happen. Between players and coaches? That's not supposed to happen.
                        Well it happened, and it happens more than you would probably think. Players going at coaches is not a rare phenomenon, that's what happens when you mix ego, adrenaline and testosterone. Not every situation calls for a knee-jerk reaction though. That's all I have to say on it, Roll Tide my man.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Thunderballs View Post

                          If we went by this logic...Ronnie Harrison would not have been on the team. Remember when he tried to go after Eddie Jackson in the USC game? I'd rather have it as a teaching moment. Harrison calmed way down after that incident. He was very hot headed before it. Kicking them off the team would be the worst thing to do. Now if he is a repeat offender...then heavier consequences are required at that time.
                          You are correct that by this logic, Ronnie wouldn't have been on the team, which I wouldn't have had a problem with. I agree that Ronnie has calmed down and it appears that the discipline that CNS introduced did its job. Ronnie turned out to be a fantastic player that was vital to the success of the team. That's the best case scenario for these situations. I suppose I just know too many ne'er-do-wells that have been given chance after chance to stop making bad decisions and can't do it. It probably impacts my view on the situation.
                          barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Trob View Post

                            He's at the school on a football scholarship. Unless I missed a change in how scholarships work (which is very likely), if he gets kicked off the team, he loses the scholarship. Doesn't necessarily mean he can't afford tuition otherwise but it does potentially end up with him being out of the school altogether.
                            Very true. He is on scholarship and he would lose his scholarship in that situation, which could mean he can't continue his education. This could be viewed as even more incentive not to have something like this happen, but I can see your point.



                            Originally posted by Trob View Post
                            He did accept his mistake and apologized for it.

                            “I really felt like a jerk,” Brown told Yahoo Sports in the Alabama locker room. “That’s not how I am. I wanted to win, that’s what it was. I did something stupid. I could have cost us the game.” "Me and the coach, we talked about it,” Brown said. “I said I was sorry, and he apologized to me, too. We were both good from there."

                            I'm sure there will be other disciplinary measures taken but unless he has a history of this, which there doesn't seem to be any indication of to my knowledge, being kicked off the team should absolutely not be one.
                            I can understand your point here. See above response to Thunderballs.


                            Originally posted by Trob View Post
                            Well it happened, and it happens more than you would probably think. Players going at coaches is not a rare phenomenon, that's what happens when you mix ego, adrenaline and testosterone. Not every situation calls for a knee-jerk reaction though. That's all I have to say on it, Roll Tide my man.
                            Ironically, this whole conversation is based off someone else's knee jerk reaction. Roll Tide.

                            barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

                            Comment


                            • Other than the carpal tunnel, looks like a great conclusion to a debate. Nobody got called a faggot, either.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment



                              • Click image for larger version  Name:	images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgUXotiny1uE_M97p04oOq_12o9LOedYa6Gg2CRuliZDWp1PAehw.png Views:	1 Size:	5.5 KB ID:	44227



                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X