No announcement yet.

Next Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard we played some true freshman in the game. The commentators never mentioned it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post

Hasnt Tua thrown more interceptions this year than Hurts?
      yes 2 to 1

Comment

Tua is a QB. Jalen "plays" QB. Tua is a far, far more accurate passer than Jalen will ever be. He may be the most accurate passer we've had since Joe Willie. He will throw some int's -- all great QBs do -- but he will complete passes that Jalen would never think about throwing. Receivers will love playing with him. His passing will loosen up the opposing D and RBs will thrive.

Comment

I'd like to know from someone who has the inside scoop on how the younger CB's have progressed this year. I know Carter played a good bit. What's going on with Knott and Mayden? When he signed I think all of us were excited about Knott. I think Thompson will be better in coverage than Harrison at S, but assuming Harrison goes pro who is our thumper S?

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
            I wouldn't write in Tua and write off Hurts just yet. Saban despises turnovers and prizes ball security. Tua is electric, but he's going to have more turnovers than Hurts just based on his style of play. His decision making probably will improve as he gains experience at this level. But his up side, in my estimation, is so much higher than Hurts.

I think the biggest question this off season and Spring will be Saban's comfort level with stomaching the risk/reward equation between Tua and Hurts.
            If Hurts starts at QB next year, I will be filled with rage beyond belief. He's a BAD quarterback.

With that said, our expectations for Tua at this point are likely unrealistic. He will have his struggles, but I'll accept it for the ability that he has to move the offense. Hurts will never be able to run an offense that sustains drives against a decent SEC defense.
            Last edited by Hannibal Lecter MD; 01-10-2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

With that said, our expectations for Tua at this point are likely unrealistic.
              Nope. Tua will be a Heisman finalist next season. Best season for a Bama QB ever, won't even be close.

Comment

We all know that there will be a QB competition in the spring and possibly the fall. I would expect Tua to come out the winner after the A Day game. If that happens, there will be plenty of time for discussion on Jalen's options.

I disagree that he is not built for other positions. He would make a good RB and a good receiver IMO. However, we are stacked at those positions, so he would likely have to fight for playing time there as well.

I wonder if we can trade him for a good FG kicker?

Comment

I believe Jalen will be happy at #2 and will not transfer out. He knows he's not NFL material. He wants to coach, like his dad.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post
                    I believe Jalen will be happy at #2 and will not transfer out. He knows he's not NFL material. He wants to coach, like his dad.

I heard some of the same talk on sports radio today. That would be ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post

Great point. Hadn't thought of that.

Comment

He is not an NFL qb. He can’t read through progressions and his throwing motion is like Tebow’s. I do think he would be a hell of an option qb or wildcat Qb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/al...e-coordinator/
                          Alabama's first-year offensive coordinator is reportedly drawing interest from the NFL after the Crimson Tide's title-winning season.

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                            How do we look? Many seem to think we will be untouchable.

Let's assume Tua starts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            We've seen two quarters of play from Tua in a pressure situation. He did well and made some magic, but let's see a bigger sample before we start crowning him the starter we want. I would expect and hope that he progresses well, but he has some downsides to him too... He carries the ball very loose on runs and has a tendency to force the ball where he shouldn't throw it. It worked out for us this time, but in a 12 game season it may not work as well. He'll need to learn to be a bit more careful for my liking...

Now having said that, after two years of Jalen, I'm not sure he is progressing as much as he needs to stay ahead of Tua for sure. But let's not write him off yet.

As for next year, I see a pretty good year offensively if we can manage a good oline. I think we have the pieces to be magic, but it will all start and end at the line. On the D next year, it may be a bit harder to overcome the losses; however, I feel that we have plenty of talent and am excited to see what they can do. If the offense performs as expected, it should take some of the pressure off the Defense. HOPEFULLY we stay healthy too.

RTR

Comment

Playing from behind, top ten defense knows you are throwing. Yeah, he will be fine. Just the threat of tua stretching the field improves our run game. 94 mentions tua throwing where he shouldn't, hurts did that quite a few times as well.

im not expecting tua to be tom Brady, but damn y'all, I'm sick of seeing everyone crowding the line, wanting, yes wanting us to throw

Comment

Originally posted by 94 Grad View Post

We've seen two quarters of play from Tua in a pressure situation. He did well and made some magic, but let's see a bigger sample before we start crowning him the starter we want. I would expect and hope that he progresses well, but he has some downsides to him too... He carries the ball very loose on runs and has a tendency to force the ball where he shouldn't throw it. It worked out for us this time, but in a 12 game season it may not work as well. He'll need to learn to be a bit more careful for my liking...

Now having said that, after two years of Jalen, I'm not sure he is progressing as much as he needs to stay ahead of Tua for sure. But let's not write him off yet.

As for next year, I see a pretty good year offensively if we can manage a good oline. I think we have the pieces to be magic, but it will all start and end at the line. On the D next year, it may be a bit harder to overcome the losses; however, I feel that we have plenty of talent and am excited to see what they can do. If the offense performs as expected, it should take some of the pressure off the Defense. HOPEFULLY we stay healthy too.

RTR
                                But, but, but Tua has the "IT" factor!

Comment

• 94 Grad
                                  94 Grad commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Oh... Tua has the it factor for sure. Watching them both warm up at the FSU game it was noticeable from the stands that the ball moves "special" out of Tua's hand... My hope is he can progress and be smart with the ball to go along with his talented arm. Time will tell, but I wouldn't write off Hurts either... he has some magic when he runs with the ball. He just needs to learn to anticipate the receivers better and/or throw them open. He's hesitant in that area and I think that gets him in trouble... weather that can be improved will be what makes or breaks Hurts as a QB.
                              Working...
                              X