Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

    If Hurts starts at QB next year, I will be filled with rage beyond belief. He's a BAD quarterback.

    With that said, our expectations for Tua at this point are likely unrealistic. He will have his struggles, but I'll accept it for the ability that he has to move the offense. Hurts will never be able to run an offense that sustains drives against a decent SEC defense.
    Don't believe I agree with the Bad QB statement. He's OK... just not great. against power 5 teams and through the playoffs he is 121 comp -202 attempt for 60% completion rate @ 1,512 yards ave 12.5 per completion and 11 TD to 1 INT. He also has as QB efficiency of 150 according to the NCAA stats and listed as the 20th QB on that stat. I wouldn't say that is BAD...

    Does Tua have a higher upside... maybe. I would concede to that point, but Tua may also turn into a Heisman or top 5 QB one day too. I don't know if that is a fair comparison.

    I think we may be able to agree that there are MANY MANY teams that would take Jalen as a starter and be EXTREMELY happy...
    Last edited by 94 Grad; 01-12-2018, 10:54 AM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Stan View Post
      Playing from behind, top ten defense knows you are throwing. Yeah, he will be fine. Just the threat of tua stretching the field improves our run game. 94 mentions tua throwing where he shouldn't, hurts did that quite a few times as well.

      im not expecting tua to be tom Brady, but damn y'all, I'm sick of seeing everyone crowding the line, wanting, yes wanting us to throw
      Remember how Garrett Gilbert looked against our stellar defense after being thrust onto the main stage in the 2009 NC game against us. Then he busted the next year and transferred out to SMU, never to be heard from again.

      Comment


      • 94 Grad
        94 Grad commented
        Editing a comment
        Trevor Knight.... also. Torn us a new ass hole in 2013 and never seemed to repeat it.

    • #33
      Originally posted by Stan View Post
      Playing from behind, top ten defense knows you are throwing. Yeah, he will be fine. Just the threat of tua stretching the field improves our run game. 94 mentions tua throwing where he shouldn't, hurts did that quite a few times as well.

      im not expecting tua to be tom Brady, but damn y'all, I'm sick of seeing everyone crowding the line, wanting, yes wanting us to throw
      I agree, but let's remember we thought Hurts was the second coming and I've seen two quarters of play from Hurts that would back that up. However, we now have a bigger sample size and he may not get to the point we need him to be... Tua may have a higher ceiling, I would agree on that for sure. Watching the two warm up for the FSU game I could notice that from a mile away. The ball pops out of Tua's hand and not so much out of Hurts. However, let's not paint Tua the starter just yet... that will be decided in time and I'm sure Saban and team will/can make the proper decisions better than us.

      Comment


      • #34
        Originally posted by 94 Grad

        Don't believe I agree with the Bad QB statement. He's OK... just not great. against power 5 teams and through the playoffs he is 121 comp -202 attempt for 60% completion rate @ 1,512 yards ave 12.5 per completion and 11 TD to 1 INT. He also has as QB efficiency of 150 according to the NCAA stats and listed as the 20th QB on that stat. I wouldn't say that is BAD...

        Does Tua have a higher upside... maybe. I would concede to that point, but Tua may also turn into a Heisman or top 5 QB one day too. I don't know if that is a fair comparison.

        I think we may be able to agree that there are MANY MANY teams that would take Jalen as a starter and be EXTREMELY happy...
        Let's talk about the 5-6 drives a game that stall because he can't make a timely decision or read a defense. It got to the point that he refused to stay in the pocket at all. He'd create his own trouble trying to flee rather than move around in the pocket. How many times in the second half was Tua still in the pocket firing away or at least looking to distribute the ball when Jalen would have already ran into a lineman or fleed to the right sideline and got himself stuck in no man's land without options?

        Comment


        • #35
          Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

          Let's talk about the 5-6 drives a game that stall because he can't make a timely decision or read a defense. It got to the point that he refused to stay in the pocket at all. He'd create his own trouble trying to flee rather than move around in the pocket. How many times in the second half was Tua still in the pocket firing away or at least looking to distribute the ball when Jalen would have already ran into a lineman or fleed to the right sideline and got himself stuck in no man's land without options?
          THIS!!!

          Comment


          • #36
            I think it will come down to whichever QB can make the least amount of mistakes. Jalens style would be great if he had better protection from the Oline guys.

            Comment


            • #37
              If hurts is the QB, we will lose to UGA in the SEC championship game

              Comment


              • #38
                I've been a supporter of Hurts from the beginning, but now I have to admit, Hanni is right. I don't think he will ever be able to perform favorably against a decent defense. Looks like most of us are hanging our hat on Tua. Let's hope he turns out to be who we think he is, because let's face it, he's going to make mistakes. But with his talent, hopefully, he will be able to overcome those.

                Already looking forward to the A Day game. We probably won't learn much from it, but it will fun to watch. Will be just as interested to see how our stock of new DBs are going to perform.

                Comment


                • #39
                  Originally posted by 2Stater View Post

                  Already looking forward to the A Day game. We probably won't learn much from it, but it will fun to watch. Will be just as interested to see how our stock of new DBs are going to perform.
                  I bet its the most watched, highest rated A day game ever.

                  Comment


                  • #40
                    Originally posted by Stan View Post
                    If hurts is the QB, we will lose to UGA in the SEC championship game
                    Not so fast!!.......Mr. short memory

                    https://www.golfdigest.com/story/the...mpionship-game
                    The ending of this 2007 Alabama-Georgia game was eerily similar to the ending of the National Championship game

                    Comment


                    • #41
                      Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post

                      I bet its the most watched, highest rated A day game ever.
                      May very well be, but it will surprise me if it matches the first year that Saban was here.

                      Comment


                      • #42
                        I think we can all agree that Hurts has reached his ceiling. Surely to God we can agree on that, but I doubt it.

                        There is no way anyone believes that he was a better qb in year two.

                        Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • #43
                          Jalen is unquestionably the ugliest QB in Bama history. No homo....just sayin, he ain't pretty

                          Comment


                          • #44
                            Originally posted by Biff View Post
                            I think we can all agree that Hurts has reached his ceiling. Surely to God we can agree on that, but I doubt it.

                            There is no way anyone believes that he was a better qb in year two.

                            Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            I know I agree.

                            Comment


                            • #45
                              No Bama bangs?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X