Next Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
    I think it will come down to whichever QB can make the least amount of mistakes. Jalens style would be great if he had better protection from the Oline guys.
    You have a kind heart, Rhino.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
      No Bama bangs?
      We have Bama bleach now. Keep up, Stanley.

Comment

The turnover belt will be replaced by the Hawaiin lei.

Comment

Amazing how fast this thread has grown! For my 2-cents....[1] Jalen was incrementally better for most of this year, but he seemed to regress when we got to the tougher part of the sched (LSU, MSU, Barn, Clemson.) So put me in the group that thinks he has reached his potential. And he does not play well in big games. [2] The things Tua needs to learn are the easier things. The hard things like seeing the field, going through his progressions, looking off DBs, etc, he already knows. These are the things that I don't think Jalen will ever 'get.' [3] Tua is much more accurate throwing the ball and has a quicker release. [4] The team knows Tua is the better QB and they respond to him being in there. That was obvious in the natty.

For next season, I have some concern about the coaching staff. Lots of changes happening. If Dabol leaves, then we'll have two new coordinators. Coaches have to meld into a team just like players.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post
            Jalen is unquestionably the ugliest QB in Bama history. No homo....just sayin, he ain't pretty
            I know a lot of women who would strongly disagree with that. Ladies love cool Jalen. Besides, have you forgotten about Coker?

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaholic
              Jalen is unquestionably the ugliest QB in Bama history. No homo....just sayin, he ain't pretty
              Jalen has a lot of feminine facial features. And long hair. Yes homo, perhaps?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Trob View Post

I know a lot of women who would strongly disagree with that. Ladies love cool Jalen. Besides, have you forgotten about Coker?
                Fat chicks love pizza.
                barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
                  The turnover belt will be replaced by the Hawaiin lei.
                  Nothing works better than an incentive. Grab a pick, scoop a fumble, get leied on the sideline.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post

Nothing works better than an incentive. Grab a pick, scoop a fumble, get leied on the sideline.

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                      I think the biggest question this off season and Spring will be Saban's comfort level with stomaching the risk/reward equation between Tua and Hurts.
                      If Saban isn’t willing to play Tua because Tua has a little higher turnover risk than Hurts, he might as well let Tua transfer (plus Tua will become less turnover prone as he gets experience). Unless Hurts gets 200% better as a passer or Tua gets 200% worse, Tua has to be the guy. It’s important to remember that while Jalen may be less turnover prone, we are more likely to go 3 & out with him, which is about as bad as a turnover.

I love Jalen, but unless there is some big change that closes the gap between he and Tua as passers, Tua (in my mind) will be the guy who gives the offense the best chance to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post

I've never considered "flowering" as a form of incentive. Generally it's deflowering.

Comment

Remember Tua's pass against Vandy?

That was a good one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

I've never considered "flowering" as a form of incentive. Generally it's deflowering.
                            You obviously know your whorticulture.

Comment

2 QB System would be lethal. For so many reasons.

First off - I believe Tua should take 2/3 of the snaps. I also believe Jalen brings a lot more to the table playing as the second option. Let me explain:

The transition will not be easy for Tua. UGA had no chance to prep for Tua and was completely sold out on stopping the run due to their lack of respect for Jalen. And this is not to take away from Tua, just speaking in general terms that defenses will be more prepared for a throwing QB from here on out. He is obviously a great thrower through and his ability to spread the ball around is what would make our offense 10X more dangerous. HOWEVER, when he does show inconsistency, having Jalen in the mix will be huge because he can attack the defense in a much different way.

Think opposites - Playing both will open up the run when Tua is in, and the pass when Jalen is in. Defenses will be primed to stop their strength and should leave some nice opportunities to run a well rounded offense. Playing both will make preparing for Alabama an absolute nightmare... And Tua is good enough at running, Jalen decent enough at passing, to easily break tendancies when the time comes. That being said, playing to their strengths will dominate most teams anyway.

More reasons: LEADERSHIP & CHEMISTRY. These 2 guys love each other. I believe they genuinely want to see each other be successful. Jalen clearly has the experience and his teammates respect, and they will play with passion when he's in the game for his limited amount of snaps. The moral will be super high when both guys are playing... There's no one to feel sorry for or wonder "what could be"... Both will be in a position to make their impact and are extremely liked by teammates.

Lastly - Enough with the "If you have 2 QB's you have none" lie. This is 2018, not 1984. If you have 2 talented players that can help you win games, use it. If 1 is struggling in a particular game then stick with the hot hand! If it could ever work it's with these 2 guys... They have an amazing bond. We are talking about a nearly fail-safe way to make sure the offense has a confident QB in crunch time, and not being forced to stick with a guy who doesn't look right. Had this system been employed throughout the year, there's no way that team loses a game.

JMO. RTR

Comment

I do think Jalen in a wildcat sort of option role would be a great option to have when we need to control the tempo more or run some clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X