Legendary broadcaster Keith Jackson has died

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legendary broadcaster Keith Jackson has died

The greatest. I will always consider him as THE voice of college football.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...on-dies-age-89

Whoa Nelly!

Best at what he did. RIP

Comment

He retired when I was fairly young, but his call of the 1993 Sugar Bowl will forever be etched into my brain.

"And they're starting to dance in Opp and Eastaboga, and Cullman and Montgomery."

"With 6:46 left to play in the game, I think I just heard the door slam."

"I tell you what, that's like trying to climb a cactus to score against this line."

Comment

If you really want a good call from the 1993 Sugar Bowl, listen to the Michael Rogers sideline interview. No one to this day has figured out what he said.

Keith just said something like, "Whoa, a lot of adrenaline flowing there."

Comment

Wow, Keith was awesome.
          I'll remember the "Hail Flutie" Game best.
          Such an icon.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
            If you really want a good call from the 1993 Sugar Bowl, listen to the Michael Rogers sideline interview. No one to this day has figured out what he said.

Keith just said something like, "Whoa, a lot of adrenaline flowing there."
            Whether it was a football or auto injury (you may remember which; I don't), Rogers was out of the lineup with it and likely on some pretty stout meds. Add that to the fact that he wasn't Mensa material under the best of circumstances and you get that legendarily incoherent interview. Whatever the cause, it didn't dampen his enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman View Post

Whether it was a football or auto injury (you may remember which; I don't), Rogers was out of the lineup with it and likely on some pretty stout meds. Add that to the fact that he wasn't Mensa material under the best of circumstances and you get that legendarily incoherent interview. Whatever the cause, it didn't dampen his enthusiasm.
              I believe he was in a car wreck sometime after the SEC Championship game.

Comment

Keith Jackson was the best ever. There are some pretty good ones out there now, but absolutely no one with the charisma he had at the microphone.

Comment

I was sixteen when we played the 92 championship, and although I’ve watched it since, there are a few plays I remember seeing live. This was my (and most every body’s) favorite moment. “Teague’s got the ball!” will always be Keith Jackson to me.

Comment

Damn . Balls is old as fuck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X