Marlon Humphrey arrested on felony robbery charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlon Humphrey arrested on felony robbery charge

There must be some kind of personal vendetta aspect to this story...

A former Alabama football player was arrested in Tuscaloosa on Thursday.

Baltimore Ravens cornerback Marlon Humphrey is charged with 3rd degree robbery, according to the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's booking information. Humphrey just completed his rookie season in Baltimore.

Third degree robbery is a Class C felony in the state of Alabama. According to state law, it becomes third degree robbery when:

"He/she uses force against the person of the owner of the property or any person present with intent to overcome that person's physical resistance or physical power of resistance; or (2) he/she threatens the imminent use of force against the person of the owner of the property or any person present with intent to compel acquiescence to the taking of or escaping with the property."
    http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in...lon_humph.html

I've heard two stories... one kind of funny.

That he took an Uber drivers phone charger.

That he was taking back a vehicle he bought for someone.

The latter seems more likely.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Two accounts, both regarding a phone charger. How the hell does this meet felony robbery charges?

Stephanie Taylor‏ @TNews_Steph 3m3 minutes ago
      From the police report, it looks like Marlon Humphrey is accused of stealing a phone charger at a hotel at 3:19 a.m. Jan. 13. Waiting to hear from police whether I'm actually reading this right:

Jay Barker‏Verified account @JayBarker7

Replying to @mzenitz
      From a good source with knowledge of the situation, they are saying that Marlon accidentally took a phone charger from an Uber driver’s car when he got out and now driver has filed charges. May be more info coming but this is what we are hearing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD
        Two accounts, both regarding a phone charger. How the hell does this meet felony robbery charges?

Stephanie Taylor‏ @TNews_Steph 3m3 minutes ago
        From the police report, it looks like Marlon Humphrey is accused of stealing a phone charger at a hotel at 3:19 a.m. Jan. 13. Waiting to hear from police whether I'm actually reading this right:

Jay Barker‏Verified account @JayBarker7

Replying to @mzenitz
        From a good source with knowledge of the situation, they are saying that Marlon accidentally took a phone charger from an Uber driver’s car when he got out and now driver has filed charges. May be more info coming but this is what we are hearing right now.
        The felony charges probably come from forcefully stealing something. Not necessarily the value of what's being stolen.

I don't know that for sure though. It just makes sense.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing good happens at 3:20 am.

Comment

The police report says harassment

Comment

Yeah, for robbery of any kind, there just has to be force or the threat of force to deprive another of their property. The value of the property only effects whether it's 1st, 3nd or 3rd. If you use a weapon, it's usually always 1st, regardless of dollar amount.

He debo'd a charger... what... the... fuck, Marlon?!?!

Comment

One report said he took it from an uber driver, then went into the hotel and was arrested there... apparently he threatened to punch the driver, which would constitute robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                  Yeah, for robbery of any kind, there just has to be force or the threat of force to deprive another of their property. The value of the property only effects whether it's 1st, 3nd or 3rd. If you use a weapon, it's usually always 1st, regardless of dollar amount.

He debo'd a charger... what... the... fuck, Marlon?!?!

That booty call must be strong.

Comment

Going ahead and destroying his career early, great decision.

Comment

Poor fella. He was so close to bangin 2 chicks at the same time.

Comment

Apparently the incident actually happened on Jan 13.

Comment

"There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Comment

The cable didn't even fit his phone. Nice.

Must've either been that drunk, or it was all about the girl the whole time.

Comment

Marlons a damn dumbass

Comment

Working...
                              X