Bama Basketball - What's our "magic" number of wins for the NCAA tourney invite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch
    Some early losses are looking a lot worse on ‘Bama’s NCAA resume.
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Bubble Watch is back to help make sense of the movement on the NCAA tournament bubble. The busiest action can be found in the ACC and the SEC. Locks are few and far between.
      barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

We need to get to 20. Have to find ways to be state and aggies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another good one:

Alabama is 10-8 against AP-ranked opponents under CAJ. We had a 21-game losing streak prior to his hiring.

Comment

To be sure, still think we need 20 wins and a decent showing in the SEC tourney. We've had some great wins in the last couple of weeks but some dumb ass losses too.

Comment

Eh, tough schedule, great record against top 16...we in

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                Another good one:

Alabama is 10-8 against AP-ranked opponents under CAJ. We had a 21-game losing streak prior to his hiring.
                Saw yesterday where this year they are 5-1 against ranked, yet 11-8 against non-ranked. Jekyll & Hyde team.

Comment

There is no magic number for wins. Technically as long as you are .500 or better you are eligible for the NCAAs as an at large. Given that the bubble is a steaming pile of doggie doo right now, unless we lose out, we are probably in the tournament. As a fan base, we are fixated on a win total which has nothing to do with the NCAA selection process. 20 wins doesn't guarantee anything if you didn't beat anyone noteworthy. We have high quality wins that unless we fall apart are going to outweigh the awful losses (of which there are only 2 or 3 depending on your feelings on Ole Miss and whether Minnesota should be looked at differently since the kicked the best player off the team). We are solidly in the tournament now and are strictly playing for seeding going forward. I might rather get a 10 or 11 seed than an 8 or 9 just to help out the draw.

Comment

Of course 7 or above would be ideal but I'm not sure we can get there with the bad losses.

Comment

We've been upgraded to "Should Be In" status on ESPN's Bubble Watch. Of course, that will change once we lose to LSU today so we can lose all of our momentum once again.
                      The NCAA tournament selection committee released its initial top 16 seeds this weekend, which gave Bubble Watch a chance to clear a few teams off the bubble and into lock status.

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
                        Of course 7 or above would be ideal but I'm not sure we can get there with the bad losses.
                        I don't think that an 11 is that much worse than a 7, if any. The winner of the 7/10 matchup has to play a 2 seed the second round. I'd rather be an 11 than an 8/9 and have to play a 1 seed the second round.

Comment

This is harsh:

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

I don't think that an 11 is that much worse than a 7, if any. The winner of the 7/10 matchup has to play a 2 seed the second round. I'd rather be an 11 than an 8/9 and have to play a 1 seed the second round.
                            Oh I agree with you. One problem with being an 11 is the potential chance of getting stuck in the First Four.

Comment

Thanks to everyone else stinking up the joint, we might be able to lose out and still make the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                              X