No announcement yet.

***National Signing Day Thread***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saban seemed to indicate there may still be a DL out there that we will sign. Also said that we would get a QB "some sort of way" before next season.

Comment

maybe a grad transfer at least for the DL...
      https://gradtransfertracker.com/potential-transfers/

Comment

The grad transfer QB that Saban probably had in mind:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in..._carolina.html

Nick Saban hinted on Wednesday that Alabama will "probably" add another quarterback before the start of the season. That may now be close to happening.

The Crimson Tide is pursuing East Carolina graduate transfer quarterback Gardner Minshew, according to sources.

Minshew is expected to visit Alabama at some point soon, per sources.

The Brandon, Mississippi native was set to enter the spring as East Carolina's No. 1 quarterback but left the program in late January.

Comment

I like it

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't really understand this move. What Grad transfer would come to Bama with a 25-2 Jr QB and the amazing 2nd and 26 GW fresh phenom coming back for an expected Starting Season... who wants to come and be 2nd or 3rd QB? with Mac and Braxton on the bench, wouldn't it be better to just stand pat at QB? (forgetting about possible injuries) Now if they can bring in a Gtrfr DL or 2... that I could get in front of.

Comment

Originally posted by rolltide66 View Post
              I don't really understand this move. What Grad transfer would come to Bama with a 25-2 Jr QB and the amazing 2nd and 26 GW fresh phenom coming back for an expected Starting Season... who wants to come and be 2nd or 3rd QB? with Mac and Braxton on the bench, wouldn't it be better to just stand pat at QB? (forgetting about possible injuries) Now if they can bring in a Gtrfr DL or 2... that I could get in front of.
              As far as his motivation, he probably has no delusions of playing in the NFL, so why not come to a place where you have a good chance to win a National Championship, and get an inside experience of he best ran program in the country? He may have thoughts of becoming a coach. As for our motivation, Saban has said his goal is to always have 4 scholarship QBs. Even if he never sees the field, he may provide valuable help with game prep (scout team and such).

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

As far as his motivation, he probably has no delusions of playing in the NFL, so why not come to a place where you have a good chance to win a National Championship, and get an inside experience of he best ran program in the country? He may have thoughts of becoming a coach. As for our motivation, Saban has said his goal is to always have 4 scholarship QBs. Even if he never sees the field, he may provide valuable help with game prep (scout team and such).
                Also there's something about an ongoing family situation and he's from Mississippi. He stated that as the reason he was looking to transfer. I know a lot of times those reasons are complete BS, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. It can't be for playing time because he would've most likely been the starter for ECU this year.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

Also there's something about an ongoing family situation and he's from Mississippi. He stated that as the reason he was looking to transfer. I know a lot of times those reasons are complete BS, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. It can't be for playing time because he would've most likely been the starter for ECU this year.
                  Yeah, folks on the ECU forum are calling bs.
                  But why he's moving? He wants to be a coach some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

I'd prefer 4 Scholly kickers.

Comment

Working...
                    X