Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DL Coach Karl Dunbar going to Pittsburgh Steelers

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in...ma_assist.html

Anybody heard anything about Dunbar slacking on the recruiting trail?
    Whining?

All I said was that the class was disappointing compared to recent Bama classes.In fact, I explicitly said that the class was good.

This whole argument that the difference between a 92 and 94 ranked classes is negligible is probably largely true, but if you extend that argument, then the difference between Alabama’s class and Auburn’s class (rank 90) and LSU’s class (rank 90) is also negligible. Alabama has maintained this current dynasty in large part due to a significant talent advantage over the majority of teams they play, and while we will still have that advantage for the upcoming season, what happens if this happens again next year? That is the main reason this recruiting period is alarming. If Alabama corrects next year, then I’m fretting for no reason. Personally, I think I’m fretting for no reason.

I also think automatically saying that the player’s who didn’t come didn’t want to test their mettle against the best is a little silly. A lot of guys who didn’t choose Alabama went to UGA or Clemson, and it is not like they are lacking for talented players on their two-deep. If Karl Dunbar really did miss an in-home visit with Langham, then is Langham not coming here him not wanting to compete or is it the staff dropping the ball? I think it is more the staff dropping the ball.
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Bring back BO... and get a variance to allow one of the GA's to recruit

Comment

Originally posted by rolltide66 View Post
        Bring back BO... and get a variance to allow one of the GA's to recruit
        Bo would be good but I think not being able to hit the road recruiting is a big negative. I think Bo's strongest suit is recruiting...Miami Hurricane DL coach Craig Kuligowski was the DL coach under Pinkel at Missouri. During that time Missouri seemed to have stud Dlinemen. He even played under Saban for one year at Toledo. Throw some money at him and see if he will come.
        http://hurricanesports.com/staff.aspx?staff=405

Another option that would make a lot of sense is to have Tosh move to the DL since he started out coaching DL at Cal and Washington and go for an OLB coach. Flexibility allows Saban to maybe go for the best available DL or OLB coach.
        Last edited by Thunderballs; 02-08-2018, 03:19 PM.

Comment

I've never heard anything about Dunbar's recruiting abilities, which tells me we should be glad he's gone. I think that would be a great idea having Tosh coach the DL.

Comment

Possibly a couple former Bama players in the mix? Todd Bates (Clemson) and Freddie Roach (Ole Miss)

Comment

Roach would be awesome.. or Bates for that matter

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post
                Roach would be awesome.. or Bates for that matter

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
                Mack Wilson is a Freddie man...

Comment

Working...
                X