Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bama hiring Craig Kuligowski as DL coach (from Da U)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bama hiring Craig Kuligowski as DL coach (from Da U)

Craig Kuligowski is leaving Miami and is expected to become the new defensive line coach at Alabama, a source told SI. Kuligowski, regarded as one of the nation’s top DL coaches for all of the prospects he has developed at Missouri and later at Miami, played for Nick Saban his senior season at Toledo.

Kuligowski coached two seasons in Coral Gables after spending the previous 15 years as the defensive line coach at the University of Missouri. In his 15 years at Mizzou, he developed five first-round D-linemen.
    https://www.si.com/college-football/...ama-nick-saban

Come on over and coach 'em up!

Comment

Never heard of the guy. However, I have confidence that Coach Saban knows who will best equip the players on his team. Although, I was a little worried with the whole Hugh Freeze narrative earlier this year.
      "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
      Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
      Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
        Never heard of the guy. However, I have confidence that Coach Saban knows who will best equip the players on his team. Although, I was a little worried with the whole Hugh Freeze narrative earlier this year.
        He has an outstanding reputation for player development.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

He has an outstanding reputation for player development.
          Mizzou had some good D linemen, particularly for the overall level of recruit they attract.

Comment

I've never heard of the guy either but I'm encouraged by you guys' comments. It's gonna be harder to attract top prospects going forward. Hiring a coach who has a proved record of developing guys and getting them to the NFL looks like a shrewd move. He should have great cred sitting in a prospects living room telling hm what he needs to do to get to the NFL. Hopefully that's a recruiting advantage.

CNS re-tooled the coaching staff to get better coaches-recruiters. Hope this guy is both.

Comment

Tuscaloosa News now reporting, so I guess we can consider it official:

https://www.tidesports.com/alabama-h...ve-line-coach/

Comment

Guy has an amazing Twitter handle: LetsMeetAtTheQB
                barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

So many seem to think this is the best Assistant Coach hire of .off season... in all of football. I sure hope so. Dunbar's 1st year he either didn't have confidence in the 2's and 3's to rotate them much(but obviously saw the light for year 2) and I think this hurt the team (and cost Bama a NC). I was way worried about the possibilities of hiring another NFL DL coach and getting another Dunbar 1st year.

Seems this will be a slam dunk . home run. Sack Dance hire for the DL... especially when the talent may not be as deep as in prior years and Bama is set up to make a run at back to back NC's Can't wait to see how the team reacts to all the new coaches ... know Spring won't tell much. but will surely be in the stands watching the interactions between the new coaches as well as how the team seems to be listening to them. Roll Tide you new Coaches you. Hope they can all continue their recruiting and sell this great product they now have to sell

Comment

Working...
                  X