***Official 2018 Alabama Baseball Thread***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Official 2018 Alabama Baseball Thread***

Bama baseball is again in a state of transition after the absolutely necessary firing of the mistakenly hired Greg Goff. Coach Bohannon, however, has led us to an 8-0 record to start the season, admittedly against not so great competition. Picked up a sneaky good win at Samford last night. The offense is really clicking right now. We're scoring 10 runs a game, which is just incredible even against bad competition for anyone that has seen us play baseball the last 4 or 5 years. Tough rough series against Oklahoma this weekend after a sneaky game against a decent Alabama State team at home tonight. Assuming beat ASU tonight, a 9-0 start would be our best start since 2002. Now, we made the CWS that year, which is just simply not going to happen this year unless the offense keeps scoring 10 runs a game, but it's an encouraging start nevertheless.
    barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

If we weren't so thin at LB, I'd say Holcombe needed to concentrate on baseball year round.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
      If we weren't so thin at LB, I'd say Holcombe needed to concentrate on baseball year round.
      He's been smoking hot with the bat. I say leave him in there. We'll move Jalen to LB.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post

He's been smoking hot with the bat. I say leave him in there. We'll move Jalen to LB.
        For a guy that plays LB, he has no power. He hits a bunch of wormburners. Drives me insane.

Comment

Bama beat Alabama State 11-1 to improve to 9-0. JUCO Junior Mason Duke got his first start of the year, throwing 5 innings of one hit ball.

Keith Holcombe got the night off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
            Bama beat Alabama State 11-1 to improve to 9-0. JUCO Junior Mason Duke got his first start of the year, throwing 5 innings of one hit ball.

Keith Holcombe got the night off.
            Thanks...

Comment

When was the last time the baseball team started out 9-0?

Comment

When was the last time the baseball team started out 9-0?

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

Ha! As soon as I posted that, I remembered you posting that info yesterday. My Sometimerz was kicking in.

Comment

We may not make it to the College World Series, but we're playing in Norman, OK this weekend. The team lost its first game of the year yesterday, a 2-1 defeat in 11 innings. Struck out 17 times...ouch.

May be a rough weekend for Bama sports. The softball team got wasted by Washington yesterday and will play the Huskies again today.

ESPN BPI gives us a 25.7% chance of winning the "big game" out in College Station today. No Herb (concussion) today.

Comment

Big win for the baseball team. Shut out southern miss, 5 pitchers allowing only 2 hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                        Big win for the baseball team. Shut out southern miss, 5 pitchers allowing only 2 hits.
                        Woot!! Big win.

Comment

What a difference a year and a change in coaches makes. This time last year, they were starting to spin out of control.

Comment

What a difference a year and a change in coaches makes. This time last year, they were starting to spin out of control.
                            That's because Goff was just awful. I could tell very early on that he wasn't a good coach but the team didn't quit on him til later. I think it was after the away trip to Oxford when they just quit. It was just awful. His mismanagement of the pitching staff was almost criminal. He ruined guys arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

That's because Goff was just awful. I could tell very early on that he wasn't a good coach but the team didn't quit on him til later. I think it was after the away trip to Oxford when they just quit. It was just awful. His mismanagement of the pitching staff was almost criminal. He ruined guys arms.
                              I know. It's hard for me to understand why due diligence fell through the cracks when they considered hiring him. What a POS he was.

Comment

Working...
                              X