No announcement yet.

Other sports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree. But We had our chances and couldn't come through with RISP. For that matter, we were awful this whole tournament with RISP. we definitely more timely hitting to reach full potential.
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Bama softball get's totally fucked in the seeding. #8. Florida got a 5 seed. We swept them at their place and got screwed out of beating them last night. Florida has 15 losses. Minnesota got a 7 seed. We beat them twice head to head. Arizona is ahead of us. We beat them 6-1. WTF?!?!

Don't get me wrong, if we win, we get a super regional at home, but this seeding is total BS!

Comment

• This is an awful but motivating seeding
        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
        Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
        Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Yes, complete BS. We should have been in the 3rd-5th range. I assume they will re-seed for the CWWS, but assuming all top 8 seeds advance, what's the motivation to move us higher?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
            Yes, complete BS. We should have been in the 3rd-5th range. I assume they will re-seed for the CWWS, but assuming all top 8 seeds advance, what's the motivation to move us higher?
            If Texas advances in the #9 position, we will play them, I think, if we win our bracket. We would get them in Tuscaloosa.

Comment

• So how did the selection committee justify ranking Alabama so low? It was the primary question from the ESPN crew discussing this year’s bracket. The answer they got was that Alabama’s non-conference strength of schedule ranked 106th. Bama was 32-0 in non-conference games. The committee (presumably with great smugness, like almost everything done wrong by anything NCAA) pointed out that Minnesota had the No. 1 non-conference strength of schedule. Never mind that Alabama defeated the Gophers in head-to-head meetings – twice.

Alabama has the best record of any of the top 16 seeds at 52-7. The Crimson Tide was regular season champion of the SEC, which has the No. 1 RPI in the nation. Bama was 9-1 vs. top 10 RPI teams. Alabama’s 12 wins against top 25 teams was fourth most in the nation.

As for that non-conference strength of schedule argument, how about the SEC strength of schedule. Not only did it have the highest RPI of any conference, a glance at the 64-team bracket will reveal that all 13 SEC teams were selected for the national championship tournament, six of them No. 1 seeds. It is the third consecutive season all 13 SEC softball teams were selected for the national tournament.
              Alabama takes on Alabama State in first day of Tuscaloosa Regional.
              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Bama baseball rallied to beat Samford tonight, 4-2. They are 30-23 for the year. Overall, a better record than last year.

Comment

• Girls move on to super regional after sweeping the field this weekend. It was not without challenges, but Bama softball has now won 40 straight regional games, the longest streak in the nation
                  Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                    Girls move on to super regional after sweeping the field this weekend. It was not without challenges, but Bama softball has now won 40 straight regional games, the longest streak in the nation
                    True. Bama was down 5-0, came back to tie it in the 5th, then scored 3 more in the 6th. ASU tied it in the bottom of the 6th and Bama got one in the top of the 7th, then held on to win. Congrats to the ladies. They will play at home against Texas in the Super-Regionals.

Comment

• Montana Fouts pitched a 3-hit shutout as Bama took game 1 from the Shorthorns 3-0. Game 2 is on ESPN tonight at 8pm.

We're one win away from the CWWS.

Comment

• We were up 4-0, and Texas scored 7 unanswered runs. We lost 7-5. Rubber match is at 1pm on ESPN. Winner goes to CWWS, loser plays next season.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                          We were up 4-0, and Texas scored 7 unanswered runs. We lost 7-5. Rubber match is at 1pm on ESPN. Winner goes to CWWS, loser plays next season.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Comment

• Look for a replay of Texas ace pitcher taking a throw from their catcher off the face/head. You’d think that would give us an advantage. Not so much
                            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Working...
                            X