No announcement yet.

Other sports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 walks and a Grand Salami by Alexander in the bottom of the 8th to take a 4-1 lead in today's game.

Comment

On a good note, Bama beat Ky for the 2nd straight game, by the identical score of 4-2. We had no hits going into the 7th and only one in that inning. Ky walked the bases loaded in the 8th. With 2 outs, Alexander hit a grand slam. We had to hold on for dear life in the 9th for the win. Ky had 10 hits to our 2. But hey, we are on a roll! Roll Tide!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
        3 walks and a Grand Salami by Alexander in the bottom of the 8th to take a 4-1 lead in today's game.

Comment

Softball and baseball both won in shutouts last night. 8-0 run rule for the girls over MTSU and 3-0 for the men over Ole Miss.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
            Softball and baseball both won in shutouts last night. 8-0 run rule for the girls over MTSU and 3-0 for the men over Ole Miss.
            Softball plays Wisconsin today. I assume Wisconsin is the 2nd-seed in the Tuscaloosa sub-regional. We should go 3-0 and sweep out of this tournament. We didn't even throw Osorio against Middle Tennessee, so we expected an easy win. All that ends next weekend when we'd have to go to the Washington regional. We will likely be flying home with a sore ass.

Comment

Softball plays Wisconsin today. I assume Wisconsin is the 2nd-seed in the Tuscaloosa sub-regional. We should go 3-0 and sweep out of this tournament. We didn't even throw Osorio against Middle Tennessee, so we expected an easy win. All that ends next weekend when we'd have to go to the Washington regional. We will likely be flying home with a sore ass.
              IDK, maybe Murph had the team playing possum all year.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
                Congratulations to Jake Walters on a complete game shutout in his last start. He tied the all-time Alabama program record for games started. His reward? A little celebratory pour from the Right Field Ragers:

Comment

Softball won their regional and will go to the Super Regional for the 14th straight year. 37 consecutive wins in the regional round...that's over 12 years worth.

Women's golf is leading the field at the NCAA Championships, up by 8-strokes over UCLA after 3 rounds.

Baseball finished with 8 SEC wins. We only took one from Ole Miss, but we fought hard and were competitive each game.

Comment

And men’s golf made the championship tourney
                    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Softball won their regional and will go to the Super Regional for the 14th straight year. 37 consecutive wins in the regional round...that's over 12 years worth.

Women's golf is leading the field at the NCAA Championships, up by 8-strokes over UCLA after 3 rounds.

Baseball finished with 8 SEC wins. We only took one from Ole Miss, but we fought hard and were competitive each game.
                      Osorio gave up one hit with one out in the 7th. Best she's looked all year. The team is healthy for the first time all year. We have to go to Washington for the Super Regional. Washington will be heavily favored, but if Bama can bring the confidence they played with this weekend.............

Comment

Women's golf playing for the natty. The UofA v. another UofA (Arizona)
                        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                        Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                        Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Ladies lose in a playoff hole. 91 holes of golf by 10 players and we lose on a last putt.

Comment

tough break for the ladies
                            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                              tough break for the ladies
                              We trailed for most of the day. They had a pretty good back 9 just to get it to the playoff. Then Abe (AH-bay) almost holed her bunker shot in the playoff which would have won the Natty...literally missed it by less than 3 inches.

Comment

I went to bed last night with Bama leading UW 2-0. Woke up to find that UW scored 2 in the 7th and 1 in the 9th to win it 3-2.

Dammit, we can't catch a break in sports here lately!

Comment

Working...
                                X