Bama Negotiating with Notre Dame, Texas on Home-and-Home Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bama Negotiating with Notre Dame, Texas on Home-and-Home Series

Looks like Byrnes may be trying to bring back some quality non-conference games to Tuscaloosa! https://www.tidesports.com/alabama-n...th-notre-dame/

Alabama is negotiating to schedule a home-and-home football series with Notre Dame, The Tuscaloosa News has learned.

The Crimson Tide last participated in an out-of-conference home-and-home series in 2010-11 against Penn State, hosting the Nittany Lions in 2010 and traveling to State College, Pa., in 2011.

UA Director of Athletics Greg Byrne would not confirm that the schools are in talks, but did say the athletic department is pursuing future two-game deals that would have Alabama play a game at Bryant-Denny Stadium and also play on the opposing school’s campus.
    “I’ll say that we are exploring some home-and-homes,” Byrne said.

The Notre Dame deal has not been finalized. If it comes to fruition, the series would not likely take place until well into the next decade because Notre Dame has several other contracted high-profile games in future years.
    Last edited by Hannibal Lecter MD; 03-24-2018, 02:01 PM.

I bet they claim scheduling issues until 2030 so as to avoid another Saban led ass whipping
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Suttles has updated the article to say that they're also in talks with Texas about a series.

Comment

Jim Dunaway tweeted that his sources say that Bama is in talks with USC to open the 2020 season playing them in Dallas again.

Comment

Working...
        X