Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Opening Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MLB Opening Day

    March 29 doesn't exactly have a ring to it like April 1; nonetheless, tomorrow be MLB Opening Day.

    Time to work a half day and knock off at lunch. Go grab a cold pilsner and some nachos at your local water hole and park yourself in front of a TV to see the dormant ivy on the Wrigley field walls.

    Hit the grocery store and grab yourself a couple nice steaks (and a 6-pack) and head home. Fire up the grill and turn on ESPN at 6PM to watch the GOAT carve up the boys from San Fran.

  • #2
    Woo hoo! Opening day! I'm pumped!

    The Yankees win! The Yankees win! - Hope to hear that a lot this year and over into November.
    barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
      Woo hoo! Opening day! I'm pumped!

      The Yankees win! The Yankees win! - Hope to hear that a lot this year and over into November.
      I haven't pulled for Yankees in 157 years. I don't plan to start now.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

        I haven't pulled for Yankees in 157 years. I don't plan to start now.
        Maybe they should've stuck with the Highlanders nickname to get some more fans.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	Highlander_film_Connor_MacLeod.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	49137
        barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

        Comment


        • #5
          It's going to be a long, long year for the Marlins.

          Comment


          • #6
            Marlins v Tigers for the No. 1 pick might be fascinating.
            barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

            Comment


            • #7
              Stanton on pace for 324 home runs this year.

              Comment


              • #8
                The Braves season just took a major hit. Freeman just got hit in the same spot as last year (was out a couple months). He walked straight to the clubhouse from the batter's box like he knew what just happened.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Freeman can't catch a break, no pun intended.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Not much baseball talk up in here lately. What gives?

                    Braves won game 1 of a double header today with a walkoff 2 run homer by pine rider Charlie Culbertson. He grew up in Atlanta. Pretty cool, and a fun game to watch.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I used to love watching braves games... the 90's were fun.

                      Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post
                        I used to love watching braves games... the 90's were fun.

                        Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
                        14 straight division titles spoiled me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 2Stater

                          14 straight division titles spoiled me.
                          Me too, I watched allot of games. Favorite part was when Smoltz came in to close. You knew it was over. We had the best pitching rotation ever. I met Leo"rockin" mazzoni once. I asked him who was better Glavin or Maddox he said "pitchers are like liquor, they both are the finest bourbon you could want... top shelf professionally and personally"
                          I think Leo was drunk.

                          Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post
                            Me too, I watched allot of games. Favorite part was when Smoltz came in to close. You knew it was over. We had the best pitching rotation ever. I met Leo"rockin" mazzoni once. I asked him who was better Glavin or Maddox he said "pitchers are like liquor, they both are the finest bourbon you could want... top shelf professionally and personally"
                            I think Leo was drunk.

                            Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
                            They had the perfect storm of players and coaches, but still only won the one WS. Smoltz was a great pitcher who seldom got run support,but won a lot more of those than he lost. The WS loss to the Yankees in 96 was one of the most painful things I ever went through. The Braves had the better team.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 2Stater

                              They had the perfect storm of players and coaches, but still only won the one WS. Smoltz was a great pitcher who seldom got run support,but won a lot more of those than he lost. The WS loss to the Yankees in 96 was one of the most painful things I ever went through. The Braves had the better team.
                              We had them down 3 Games to 1! I still can't believe Andrew Jones eventually went to the Yankees.

                              Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X