MLB Opening Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post

They had the perfect storm of players and coaches, but still only won the one WS. Smoltz was a great pitcher who seldom got run support,but won a lot more of those than he lost. The WS loss to the Yankees in 96 was one of the most painful things I ever went through. The Braves had the better team.
    We actually never got to the 3-1 game lead. We spanked their ass at Yankee Stadium the first 2 games, then Smoltz pitched a masterpiece in Atlanta, but lost 2-1. The next game, we lost a 6-0 lead late, and were still up by 3 in the 9th, but because of Jim fucking Leyritz, who hit a 3 run homer off of Mark Wohlers, they tied it up and won in extras. Atlanta never recovered and the Yankees took the series.

Comment

We actually never got to the 3-1 game lead. We spanked their ass at Yankee Stadium the first 2 games, then Smoltz pitched a masterpiece in Atlanta, but lost 2-1. The next game, we lost a 6-0 lead late, and were still up by 3 in the 9th, but because of Jim fucking Leyritz, who hit a 3 run homer off of Mark Wohlers, they tied it up and won in extras. Atlanta never recovered and the Yankees took the series.
      The Yankees win!
      barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

The Yankees win!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	42d67b2fc3508cc1e2d421d1454f60eb19b3e6a504a07c03279f58ce86b98981.jpg Views:	1 Size:	106.5 KB ID:	52479

Last edited by Barney Stinson; 05-28-2018, 04:46 PM. Reason: http://m.quickmeme.com/img/42/42d67b2fc3508cc1e2d421d1454f60eb19b3e6a504a07c03279f58ce86b98981.jpg

Comment

Fuck the Yankee's!
            Your right Tater, my head ain't got room for historical accuracy. I'm happy just to hit the dart board most days.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post
              We had them down 3 Games to 1! I still can't believe Andrew Jones eventually went to the Yankees.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
              I wish he'd never came to the Dodgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

I wish he'd never came to the Dodgers.
                I don't think you can blame the Dodgers postseason failures on the fat version of Andruw Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson

I don't think you can blame the Dodgers postseason failures on the fat version of Andruw Jones.
                  The contract (and his performance) were both disasters. He was one of many stupid contracts, but his was insane. $16M a year for a completely washed up player. I think we ended up paying him to stay home the second year.

Comment

Yu Darvish-like contracts are everywhere in baseball.
                    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Braves dropped game 2 to the Mets, 8-5 after a long rain delay.

Comment

Braves dropped game 2 to the Mets, 8-5 after a long rain delay.
                        My old buddy was supposed to play a concert after the game, which got canceled. I wonder how that worked out for him money-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

My old buddy was supposed to play a concert after the game, which got canceled. I wonder how that worked out for him money-wise.
                          I think they get paid anyway, or at least an appearance fee, I would think.

Comment

Working...
                          X