***Official MLB Thread***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Tickets for my Cubs v. Braves on the 31st just came in.... me and the lady taking a Chicago trip and going to check out my favorite stadium

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I went to a game against the Pirates in late September a couple years ago. We got lucky and the Cubs and Pirates were battling for the wild card/division the year that 3 teams from the Central got in. One buddy is from Pittsburgh and wore Pirates gear. Another buddy is a Cardinals fan and wore a Cards hat. The Cubs and Pirates fan gave the Cardinals fan hell and left each other alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

I went to a game against the Pirates in late September a couple years ago. We got lucky and the Cubs and Pirates were battling for the wild card/division the year that 3 teams from the Central got in. One buddy is from Pittsburgh and wore Pirates gear. Another buddy is a Cardinals fan and wore a Cards hat. The Cubs and Pirates fan gave the Cardinals fan hell and left each other alone.
      Entertainment at Wrigley is equal parts: game on the field and insults lobbed at opposing team/players from the Cubs' fans.
      "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Comment

• Braves could get it turned around next year. Not likely, but it could happen. Went from worst to first in 91; I see a lot of parallels to 91 going into next year. Stranger things have happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by T&B View Post
          Braves could get it turned around next year. Not likely, but it could happen. Went from worst to first in 91; I see a lot of parallels to 91 going into next year. Stranger things have happened.
          I wish I shared your optimism, T&B. Say what you want about Ted Turner, but he cared about making winners out of the Braves. The Braves are now owned by a corporation, and historically, the corporate owned teams don't fare that well very often. They care more about making money, than winners. Seems to me that they got rid of all their pitching to get some hitting. It takes a balance of both, and they just don't have that.

Comment

• Yeah, the Time Warner merger was not only a disaster for the Braves, but Turner lost millions if not billions in the deal as well. Did Ted not have any kids to leave the team to ? Why someone that rich felt the need to merge with an evil empire like Time Warner is beyond me. Greed I suppose. I'm glad it blew up in his face. Braves were never the same. I remember when the Braves cherry picked the top free agents every year... we're so far removed from that now it seems like a dream.

The most talented Braves teams never won a title. It was the two "scrappy teams" that came close in 91, and won it all in 95. Team chemistry really is a helluva drug.

Comment

• The official video page of the Chicago Cubs with the latest highlights, recaps, Statcast and interviews.
              "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Comment

Working...
              X