Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***2019 Recruiting Thread***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ***2019 Recruiting Thread***

    Current Commitments (13)

    ***Rankings are 247 Composite

    Pierce Quick - OT - Hewitt Trussville HS
    6'5" - 285
    Ranking (Natl: 29 Pos: 6)

    247 Sports Profile: https://247sports.com/player/pierce-quick-46037143
    Rivals Profile:
    Other info:

    Amari Knight - OT - Thompson HS (Alabaster, AL)
    6'7" - 315
    Ranking (Natl: 52 Pos: 8)

    247 Sports Profile: https://247sports.com/Player/Amari-Kight-46040024
    Rivals Profile:
    Other info:

    Antonio Alfano - DE - Colonia HS (Colonia, NJ)
    6'4" - 285
    Ranking (Natl: 58 Pos: 5)

    247 Sports Profile: https://247sports.com/Player/Antonio-Alfano-81734
    Rivals Profile:
    Other info:

    Shane Lee - ILB - St. Francis Academy (Baltimore, MD)
    6'0" - 253
    Ranking (Natl: 72 Pos: 5)

    247 Sports Profile: https://247sports.com/player/shane-lee-91372
    Rivals Profile:
    Other info:

    Christian Williams - CB - Daphne HS
    6'1" - 182
    Ranking (Natl: 79 Pos: 9)

    247 Sports Profile: https://247sports.com/player/christi...liams-46048941
    Rivals Profile:
    Other info:

    Kevin Harris - WDE - Grayson HS (Loganville, GA)
    6'4" - 218
    Ranking (Natl: 83 Pos: 5)

    247 Sports Profile: https://247sports.com/player/kevin-harris-46038885
    Rivals Profile:
    Other info:

    Brandon Turnage - ATH - Lafayette HS (Oxford, MS)
    6'1" - 185
    Ranking (Natl: 109 Pos: 9)

    247 Sports Profile: https://247sports.com/player/brandon-turnage-46037040
    Rivals Profile:
    Other info:

    King Mwikuta - OLB - Troup County HS (Lagrange, GA)
    6'4" - 232
    Ranking (Natl: 117 Pos: 6)

    247 Sports Profile: https://247sports.com/player/king-mwikuta-45572616
    Rivals Profile:
    Other info:

    Taulia Tagovailoa - Pro QB - Thompson HS (Alabaster, AL)
    5'11" - 203
    Ranking (Natl: 187 Pos: 8)

    247 Sports Profile: https://247sports.com/player/taulia-tagovailoa-90519
    Rivals Profile:
    Other info:

    Rashad Cheney - DT - Cedar Grove (Ellenwood, GA)
    6'2" - 270
    Ranking (Natl: 197 Pos: 12)

    247 Sports Profile: https://247sports.com/player/rashad-cheney-46039133
    Rivals Profile:
    Other info:

    Tanner Bowles - OT - Glasgow HS (Glasgow, KY)
    6'5" - 280
    Ranking (Natl: 251 Pos: 27)

    247 Sports Profile: https://247sports.com/player/tanner-bowles-46037415
    Rivals Profile:
    Other info:

    DJ Dale - DT - Clay-Chalkville
    6'3" - 323
    Ranking (Natl: 271 Pos: 16)

    247 Sports Profile: https://247sports.com/player/dj-dale-92218
    Rivals Profile:
    Other info:

    Paul Tyson - Pro QB - Hewitt-Trussville HS
    6'4" - 217
    Ranking (Natl: 288 Pos: 12)

    247 Sports Profile: https://247sports.com/player/paul-tyson-46039685
    Rivals Profile:
    Other info:
    Last edited by Hannibal Lecter MD; 05-18-2018, 01:26 PM.

  • #2
    ***RESERVED***

    Comment


    • #3
      After picking up Taulia and Tanner Bowles over the weekend, Bama is up to #2 in the team rankings behind Oklahoma. Georgia has 3 top 10 players, and will still likely be the team to beat.
      Last edited by Hannibal Lecter MD; 04-23-2018, 08:51 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Much better start this recruiting cycle. A motivated Coach Saban is not a good development for other coaches holding pledges from highly regarded recruits.......
        "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

        “I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
        Nick Saban 05/29/2018

        “You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
        Nick Saban 06/13/2018

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
          Much better start this recruiting cycle. A motivated Coach Saban is not a good development for other coaches holding pledges from highly regarded recruits.......
          It's probably the best staff he's ever assembled. I might feel a little better if Burton Burns was still coaching the RBs, but Robinson sure looked good Saturday.

          We were up to #1 briefly this weekend until Brendan Gant decommited. He was at an FSU visit when he did it. I guess you know when he doesn't come to Tuscaloosa on A-Day weekend...

          Comment


          • #6
            Burns not being on the road and in the recruit's homes is going to hurt. But I'm sure he will play a role in recruiting in some way. I thought I saw him on TV speaking with RBs during the scrimmage.
            "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

            “I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
            Nick Saban 05/29/2018

            “You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
            Nick Saban 06/13/2018

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

              It's probably the best staff he's ever assembled. I might feel a little better if Burton Burns was still coaching the RBs, but Robinson sure looked good Saturday.

              We were up to #1 briefly this weekend until Brendan Gant decommited. He was at an FSU visit when he did it. I guess you know when he doesn't come to Tuscaloosa on A-Day weekend...
              He was at the game. Said he didn't talk to any of the coaches, and that since Coach Ansley left, things weren't the same. He went to FSU on the way home and mentioned that FSU UF and the U were recruiting him the hardest. (sources from UA mentioned they would not be recruiting him going forward) Seems to be a mutual parting.

              Comment


              • #8
                Kevin Harris II, 4* DE out of Grayson HS (GA) and the 90th overall player in the country was on campus today. He's announcing May 1, and I believe Bama leads.

                His profile: https://247sports.com/Player/Kevin-Harris-46038885

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rolltide66 View Post

                  He was at the game. Said he didn't talk to any of the coaches, and that since Coach Ansley left, things weren't the same. He went to FSU on the way home and mentioned that FSU UF and the U were recruiting him the hardest. (sources from UA mentioned they would not be recruiting him going forward) Seems to be a mutual parting.
                  Thanks for the info, sir!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Not a prob... I stole if from someone who stole it from Bone...
                    "No surprise regarding his decommitment from Alabama on Sunday. I spoke with Gant on Sunday afternoon after he visited Alabama for A-Day. He said he did not speak to any Alabama coaches during the visit. Imagine how it may have been for him to take recent visits to Florida, Florida State and Miami- these schools trying hard to flip him. They spend as much time as possible with him. Then he goes to Alabama and doesn't speak to a single coach. Gant never spoke with Nick Saban regarding his decision in December. He committed only to former DBs coach Derrick Ansley. While he may rank high, he was not considered one of Alabama's top safety targets. Alabama does not plan to recruit Gant."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Did he actually have an offer that he could commit to?
                      "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

                      “I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                      Nick Saban 05/29/2018

                      “You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                      Nick Saban 06/13/2018

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rolltide66 View Post
                        Not a prob... I stole if from someone who stole it from Bone...
                        "No surprise regarding his decommitment from Alabama on Sunday. I spoke with Gant on Sunday afternoon after he visited Alabama for A-Day. He said he did not speak to any Alabama coaches during the visit. Imagine how it may have been for him to take recent visits to Florida, Florida State and Miami- these schools trying hard to flip him. They spend as much time as possible with him. Then he goes to Alabama and doesn't speak to a single coach. Gant never spoke with Nick Saban regarding his decision in December. He committed only to former DBs coach Derrick Ansley. While he may rank high, he was not considered one of Alabama's top safety targets. Alabama does not plan to recruit Gant."
                        Well, well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          ..

                          InsideBamaRecruiting @RTRnews




                          Every Saban/Alabama recruiting class has a national championship #ring 2007-Present
                          "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

                          “I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                          Nick Saban 05/29/2018

                          “You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                          Nick Saban 06/13/2018

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                            ..

                            InsideBamaRecruiting @RTRnews




                            Every Saban/Alabama recruiting class has a national championship #ring 2007-Present
                            Amazingly that stat goes back even earlier when you remove the Alabama connection. He got to LSU in the fall of 99, so his first class was '00. LSU won in '03 and he left in '04 after the season so (part of, at least)his final class that was a part of the 07' natty counts. 16 or so recruiting cycles and every class has been a part of a conference and national championship team. Shit is crazy. Hard to believe it won't keep extending if he coaches four more years with no major sanctions since BAMA hasn't gone more than two years without one since he's been there.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Amari Knight - the 8th ranked OT and 52nd ranked overall player - committed to Bama today. He's Taulia's teammate at Thompson HS. Big kid - 6'7 315

                              https://247sports.com/Player/Amari-Kight-46040024

                              Roll Tide!

                              ETA - Also looks like he's on track to be an early enrollee! Doubly good!
                              Last edited by Hannibal Lecter MD; 04-29-2018, 06:14 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X