General News about Bama Foozeball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General News about Bama Foozeball

Dallas Warmack is leaving (grad transfer). He played his first two years, and then redshirted this past season. I don't know if the other guys just left him behind or if he had the injury bug.

We have scheduled a monumental 2022 matchup against Mountain West powerhouse Utah State.

A rare freebie from BamaInsider (Rivals) about Dylan Moses. There's much more article at the link.

Tomeka Murray picked up the phone and could instantly hear the disappointment in her son’s voice. While preparing for Alabama’s College Football Playoff semifinal game against Clemson, Moses landed awkwardly on his left foot during practice, resulting in a Jones fracture that forced him to miss the remainder of the season.
    The news was especially disheartening to the freshman linebacker, considering the Sugar Bowl matchup against Clemson was supposed to be a chance to show out in front of friends and family back in his home state. Moses had played in New Orleans’ Mercedes-Benz Superdome during high school but always dreamed of making it there on the college stage.
    For a moment, he shared his disbelief with his mother before falling back to a familiar phrase.
    “Dylan is really self-motivated, and he’s really big on his faith,” Murray told BamaInsider.com. “He just kept telling me everything happens for a reason. His favorite saying is ‘God doesn’t give you anything you can’t bear. He gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers.’ He says that a lot, so I kept on reminding him of that.”
    Moses was one of seven linebackers to miss time due to injuries last year. As disappointing as it was to watch the national championship game from the sideline, he had the support of several teammates who had been there before.
    “I just told him ‘You’ve got to be patient. The important part about it is to make sure you’re healthy and back to 100 percent before you actually come back,'” former Alabama linebacker Rashaan Evans told BamaInsider.com. “I told him when he does come back the work doubles, if not triples, in order to get back to where you were or better before the injury.”
    By the looks of things, Moses has done just that.
    “It was hard on me at first, but going through that made me grow as a person and as a player,” Moses said. “Now I’m ready to be a leader.”
    Moses is modeling more than just his recovery after Evans. Switching to the No. 32 previously worn by the All-American last season, he resembled Evans during A-Day, finishing with a team-high 10 tackles. “He’s very physical, he can definitely impose his will on his opponents,” Evans said. “He plays the game the way it's supposed to be played. I also told him just to be himself and just play his game. I think everything else will take care of itself.”
    Evans praised Moses for his versatility on the field, a trait both defenders share. This season the young linebacker will take on his predecessor’s role in Alabama’s defense, playing in the middle out of base and nickel packages while shifting to the outside for Alabama’s “Dime Rabbits” package.
    “I always played in the box, Mike or Will,” Moses said. “I was always used to running things down, not coming off the edge. I hadn’t come off the edge before I came to Alabama. I’m comfortable with that now. I feel like I learned a lot by being Rashaan’s backup last season. I’ve played it all. I think basically I know the defense inside-out.”
    Knowing Alabama’s system is just half the job. In order to truly fill the hole left behind by Evans, Moses knows he must also replace the permanent team captain’s presence in the locker room as well.
    “Being at Alabama, linebackers are really the leaders of the defense, so naturally we’re going to be the leaders,” Moses said. “Just as far as me and where I come from, me being an athlete, that was always my nature. Not being vocal, but doing what I was supposed to do.
    “There are different types of leaders out there. There are ones who are vocal, getting in everybody’s face and there are ones that are quiet and do what they are supposed to do.”
    https://alabama.rivals.com/news/dylan-moses-26

Comment

• rueben
      rueben commented
      Editing a comment
      I've had a Jones fx. They suck.

We had another 2nd string OL to transfer - center Brandon Kennedy. Some of the younger guys are going to have to stop up quickly because we're losing our experienced depth.

We're down to only 9 guys on roster from the 2015 class. We've had 9guys were were ranked in the top 300 overall players in the country to transfer - NINE. Kendell Sheffield, Blake Barnett, Daylon Charlot, Dallas Warmack, Adonis Thomas, Shawn Burgess-Becker, Desherrius Flowers, Brandon Kennedy, and Mekhi Brown. Granted Sheffield is the only one that really panned out, but that's not a great statement about our evaluations that year either. That was also the class for the infamous Jonathan Taylor gamble.

Comment

Same article indicates that we are still 1 player over cap, didn't it? So, we should expect at least one more departure?
      "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
      Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
      Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
        Same article indicates that we are still 1 player over cap, didn't it? So, we should expect at least one more departure?
        I didn't see that part, so we may have read different articles. If that's the case, apparently these aren't surprises since we just took another 2018 JUCO on April 7th.

Comment

The Tide still has 16 offensive linemen on its roster for 2018 after two signees from the 2018 signing class, Emil Ekiyor and Tommy Brown, arrive on campus this summer. Ekiyor is projected as a center or guard.

Unofficially, Alabama is believed to have 86 scholarship players, one above the limit of 85.
          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
          Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
          Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
            The Tide still has 16 offensive linemen on its roster for 2018 after two signees from the 2018 signing class, Emil Ekiyor and Tommy Brown, arrive on campus this summer. Ekiyor is projected as a center or guard.

Unofficially, Alabama is believed to have 86 scholarship players, one above the limit of 85.
            Probably be a couple guys go to medical scholarship status.

Comment

Not sure who is counting in the 86? I show 84 after Kennedy announced, but I am also not counting the GTrf Kicker with a scholarship; but this would only add 1 and bring things to 85.
              Here again, my count would be "unofficial" as well. (have been tracking these for years and always come to the same numbers as other "unofficial" sites.

Comment

Was a little shocked by this Matt Miller evaluation of Jonah Williams. Boy, if the rest of the OL can perform, it's going to be awfully fun to watch a Pro-Style Offense with Tua slingin' the hash and the backfield of Harris and Harris running through some big holes!!!

Comment

Apparently the analyst role includes squeegee duty:

Comment

Josh Jobe has qualified and will report to town immediately. Good news, as we can use all the DBs we can get.

I think he was the biggest question mark that we had, which is a testament to this class.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                      Apparently the analyst role includes squeegee duty:

That’s some funny stuff. I guess the trash can is taking a piss in the store while Butch does Coach Saban’s Windows
                      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

None of those appear to be UA tags (and actually TN tags), so I'm beginning to think that's not Saban's car as the original tweet claimed.

Comment

Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

I don't like kicking a man when he is down

Comment

Working...
                            X