Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General News about Bama Foozeball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Big Balls

    Then that is unacceptable. So he punished players that didn't party also, in order to "teach a lesson"? You can teach a lesson without punishing innocent players and causing the entire team to lose an NC.

    In other words, I don't buy that at all.
    I totally disagree. Have you ever played team sports? The "innocent" get "punished" a lot. That's one way to build leadership and accountability in a team. Your leaders will keep the jackasses in check next time, because they know what's coming. It's common place for a whole team to do extra running for a few slacking. That shit will get settled in the locker room quickly.

    One game I played, our senior center told the rest of the lineman if our QB got sacked, he was beating the shit out of the lineman that allowed it after the game was over (he'd gotten sacked and had his arm stepped on the game before and still had the cleat marks on his throwing arm). That's what you want in your locker room. And Saban wants to produce that.

    Last edited by Hannibal Lecter MD; 02-08-2019, 01:00 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
      I totally disagree. Have you ever played team sports? The "innocent" get "punished" a lot. That's one way to build leadership and accountability in a team. Your leaders will keep the jackasses in check next time, because they know what's coming.
      I would normally agree, but not for the championship game, with only one week to prepare.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Stan

        I would normally agree, but not for the championship game, with only one week to prepare.
        You don't bend your standards for the circumstance

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
          You don't bend your standards for the circumstance
          My standard used to never bend, but now it goes a little left. A victim of circumstance.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

            My standard used to never bend, but now it goes a little left. A victim of circumcise.
            "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

            “I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
            Nick Saban 05/29/2018

            “You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
            Nick Saban 06/13/2018

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
              One game I played, our senior center told the rest of the lineman if our QB got sacked, he was beating the shit out of the lineman that allowed it after the game was over (he'd gotten sacked and had his arm stepped on the game before and still had the cleat marks on his throwing arm). That's what you want in your locker room. And Saban wants to produce that.
              You're goddam right he called a code red. Some people can'r handle the truth.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                I totally disagree. Have you ever played team sports? The "innocent" get "punished" a lot. That's one way to build leadership and accountability in a team. Your leaders will keep the jackasses in check next time, because they know what's coming. It's common place for a whole team to do extra running for a few slacking. That shit will get settled in the locker room quickly.

                One game I played, our senior center told the rest of the lineman if our QB got sacked, he was beating the shit out of the lineman that allowed it after the game was over (he'd gotten sacked and had his arm stepped on the game before and still had the cleat marks on his throwing arm). That's what you want in your locker room. And Saban wants to produce that.
                Yeah...that was your center and that was high school ball. There's no way coach Saban punished outgoing seniors by compromising a championship game.

                I remember our whole team running gutters in football and suicides in basketball just for one person being late for practice. I'm 42 now and I can still tell you exactly how badly that sucked. However, it didn't affect or performance on the filed or court for the next game. He was strict as hell but managed the situation where it wouldn't cause a future impact. Do you not think Nick Saban might be just a little bit smarter than our high school coaches?
                Last edited by Big Balls; 02-08-2019, 02:56 PM.

                Comment


                • Where did this narrative come from that Tua's ego got to him the last few games of the season? Boz was spouting that bull shit again today. The rant is swinging from his nuts after he went "poking around and talking to players." The SOB just reworded a damn Lars Anderson tweet.

                  Comment


                  • I don't need an insider to tell me that Saban is pissed about getting absolutely pants in the NCG. No shit

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Stan View Post
                      Where did this narrative come from that Tua's ego got to him the last few games of the season? Boz was spouting that bull shit again today. The rant is swinging from his nuts after he went "poking around and talking to players." The SOB just reworded a damn Lars Anderson tweet.

                      Comment


                      • Comment


                        • I like Stan

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                            Alabama's in there a bunch.

                            Oh, and fuck UT.

                            Comment


                            • OC and DC are official now. Sark & Golden. No pressbox boogers are safe.
                              "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

                              “I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                              Nick Saban 05/29/2018

                              “You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                              Nick Saban 06/13/2018

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                                OC and DC are official now. Sark & Golden. No pressbox boogers are safe.
                                Sounds like a brand of Scotch. Not thrilled about Sark being the OC, but with the talent we have on offense, how bad can he screw that up?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X