General News about Bama Foozeball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
    Got to hear Coach Saban speak at the Boy Scout fundraiser here in B'ham yesterday. Lots of general verbage like one of his press conferences, self-realization, opportunities for success, The Process, aight, etc.. But a couple of items stood out.

1. He mentioned that last year's team, as the season progressed, appeared to be more worried about winning than doing the little things that puts you in a position to win. His meaning, I suppose, is that the team got complacent, didn't have leadership instilling the "Alabama mentality," and when they ran into adversity, their lack of devotion to preparation caught up with them.

2. Coach Saban and Coach Belichick just finished a "30 for 30, or whatever they call it" - it was just a brief mention in route to his answer of another question. No indication as to the program basis or when it would be aired, etc.

3. The only specific player-related question he got was about Paul Tyson, who apparently is also an Eagle Scout. Didn't have much to say other than he's been in the program a few weeks now....shows good leadership, etc.

4. He talked at length about instilling & developing self-discipline in the context of recognizing: A) your circumstances; B) your goal; C) the things you have to do to meet your goal that you don't want to do; and D) the things you shouldn't do but that you want to do.

5. He's not a fan of the "free agency" market in college football evolving thanks to the NCAA transfer rules

6. He mentioned that in the NFL, you have to play a guy - regardless of his buying into the coaching system/program - when the owner is spending the money. That's unlike in college where, if the player doesn't want to conform and wants out of the system via the transfer portal, Coach Saban can say "let me walk you down the hall to the compliance office."

Nothing new, earth-shattering, or anything like that. But I'm still glad my son was able to hear it from Coach Saban. Hopefully it resonates more.
    Good stuff. Thanks Quack.

Comment

• Students are going to get rewarded for staying during the 4th qtr this year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dr. Lyle Cain, an orthopedic consultant with the athletic department, said the robotic-assisted procedure was successful on the 67-year-old coach.

”Coach is resting comfortably, and we anticipate a full recovery,” Cain said in the release. “He should be able to return to work in the very near future, and we’ll have him back out on the golf course, with hopefully a few more yards off the tee, as soon as possible.”

Alabama football coach Nick Saban, 67, will return to work soon after undergoing robotic-assisted hip replacement surgery, the school said Monday.
        "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
        Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
        Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Two days later, Saban was spotted back in the office with a cane. Something he doesn’t plan on sporting very long.

“I had one day on the walker,” Saban said, according to Cecil Hurt of the TideSports.com. “Now I’m on the cane. I’ll probably throw that son of a bitch away tomorrow.”
          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
          Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
          Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Miss Terry, as Alabama’s five-time national championship coach Nick Saban fondly refers to his wife of more than 40 years, returned home only to find, to her horror, her husband standing in the driveway.

”What are you doing out here?” she asked.

Saban shrugged and deadpanned, “You left me all alone, and there’s nothing to do.”

”You’re not supposed to do anything,” Terry shot back. “Get back in your chair!”

“I get home at 8:30 in the morning (Tuesday), and by 3 o’clock in the afternoon, man, I was climbing the walls,” Saban told ESPN last Thursday. “I had film to watch, next year’s opponents and recruits. Miss Terry was there, and she was being a good nurse. That’s for sure. But I just can’t sit around.”

Or, as he later told Terry that Tuesday afternoon, “I can sit around with ice on my hip meeting with coaches as easily as I can sitting here and watching The Weather Channel all day.”

Terry finally relented and called Saban’s longtime administrative assistant, Linda Leoni, and said, “He’s all yours.”

Former Alabama star receiver Julio Jones was on campus doing some of his own rehab and made sure to check in on his former coach, specifically to remind Saban that he needed to trust "The Process."

"Julio was giving coach a hard time and telling him, 'That's not the way you do it,' and coaching him the way coach Saban used to coach him on the field," Allen said.

Meet the surgeon with the high-pressure job of operating on Saban. Plus, how the coach disobeyed his wife's post-surgery instructions and why a former player called him "soft as a baby's ass."
            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
              Miss Terry, as Alabama’s five-time national championship coach Nick Saban fondly refers to his wife of more than 40 years, returned home only to find, to her horror, her husband standing in the driveway.

”What are you doing out here?” she asked.

Saban shrugged and deadpanned, “You left me all alone, and there’s nothing to do.”

”You’re not supposed to do anything,” Terry shot back. “Get back in your chair!”

“I get home at 8:30 in the morning (Tuesday), and by 3 o’clock in the afternoon, man, I was climbing the walls,” Saban told ESPN last Thursday. “I had film to watch, next year’s opponents and recruits. Miss Terry was there, and she was being a good nurse. That’s for sure. But I just can’t sit around.”

Or, as he later told Terry that Tuesday afternoon, “I can sit around with ice on my hip meeting with coaches as easily as I can sitting here and watching The Weather Channel all day.”

Terry finally relented and called Saban’s longtime administrative assistant, Linda Leoni, and said, “He’s all yours.”

Former Alabama star receiver Julio Jones was on campus doing some of his own rehab and made sure to check in on his former coach, specifically to remind Saban that he needed to trust "The Process."

"Julio was giving coach a hard time and telling him, 'That's not the way you do it,' and coaching him the way coach Saban used to coach him on the field," Allen said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoUJ0TTx4gE

Comment

• Bama steals one from OK.

https://247sports.com/college/alabam...PV6iIJcQIfaMh4

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                  "...a back up quarterback. Get him ready to put him in at the end of a game and RUIN MY LIFE!"

Comment

• https://twitter.com/i/status/1121925699785375748

A video interview of New York Jets draft pick Quinnen Williams has gone viral – and it’s not anything about football.
                    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Son of Jeff George is a preferred walk-on at Bama. We're loaded with QBs now.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/al...5nbw3mlllg2QmM

Comment

• I hope hes better than his brother. Jeff George Jr. has transferred two or three.
                        barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
                          I hope hes better than his brother. Jeff George Jr. has transferred two or three.
                          His video looks pretty good.It helps that his O line is keeping people off of him.

Comment

Working...
                          X