General News about Bama Foozeball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stan
    Blame tua all y’all want, we were out coached, top to bottom.
    Saban, unfortunately, rarely puts the blame on himself, at least publicly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
      Saban, unfortunately, rarely puts the blame on himself, at least publicly.

"There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
      Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
      Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• He was better in the Regions commercial.

Comment

• Per ESPN, we are the all time greatest CFB program.

In honor of college football's 150th anniversary, our metrics rank CFB's elite across every division, from the obvious contenders like Alabama and Notre Dame to small-school powers like Mount Union and Wittenberg.
          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
          Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
          Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
            Per ESPN, we are the all time greatest CFB program.

Duh.....

Comment

• Le'Ron McClain is going through a bad period...

Former Pro Bowl fullback Le'Ron McClain complained of head issues related to football and asked the league for help in a series of tweets since Saturday.

"I have to get my head checked. Playing fullback since high school. Its takes too f---ing much to do anything. My brain is f---ing tired," he tweeted from @LeRon_McClain33. "@NFL i need some help with this s---. Dark times and its showing. F---ing help me please!! They dont care I had to get lawyers man!"

McClain played for the Ravens, Chiefs and Chargers in a seven-year NFL career. He made the Pro Bowl in 2008 and '09 while with Baltimore. Also playing running back in 2008, he rushed for a career-high 902 yards with 10 touchdowns.

McClain, 34, was a fourth-round draft pick of the Ravens in 2007 out of Alabama.

On Saturday, he also tweeted: "Need to tell my story of how my head is crazy and how football did it.... Please someone help me get this out the @NFL puts paperwork in out faces and thats it. Yes its programs f--- all that I need help now I need a plan..... F--- Man. They dont f---ing get it man."
              https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-nfl-help-head

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                Le'Ron McClain is going through a bad period...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-nfl-help-head

Sad... Unfortunate... And while this may not be a popular sentiment... Very avoidable

Football is naturally a dangerous sport. Lots of other jobs that are less dangerous... He was compensated well for said dangerous work. It is what it is

Comment

• Originally posted by Tidestalker View Post

Sad... Unfortunate... And while this may not be a popular sentiment... Very avoidable

Football is naturally a dangerous sport. Lots of other jobs that are less dangerous... He was compensated well for said dangerous work. It is what it is
                  Exactly. They choose to work in a dangerous profession.

Comment

• Redondo McCain (quoting Verne Lundquist) is conditionally reinstated to the NFL. Dallas still holds his rights.

We’re getting the wrong LBs back.......
                    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XwZ...layer_embedded

Comment

•  
                        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• “Watching games and practices over and over again, [you see] guys that are not putting forth full effort,” Lewis said Monday as the Tide began preparations for their SEC opener Saturday at South Carolina. "You’re like, ‘You don’t even realize how much -- you never know when this might be your last play.’

“Those usually [were] the darkest times, when you see somebody else taking the game for granted or not really cherishing that they get to be out here. When you see guys complain, they get to play football and they complain about the external elements, like ‘Oh, it’s hot. I don’t feel like practicing.' Stuff like that."

Lewis would let his slacking teammates know his feelings.

“It’s something that you tell them either right there on the spot or gradually tell them, ‘Y’all gotta pick up the effort. That’s not how we do things around here,'" he said.
                          Missing most of the 2017 season and all of the 2018 season because of injuries made Alabama's blue-chip pass rusher appreciate what he had on the field.
                          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Nick Saban opens up about life after football, the "monster" in his closet, and the aftereffects of his most bruising defeat. The Athletic's exclusive series takes you inside the gold standard of college football.
                            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang
                              “Watching games and practices over and over again, [you see] guys that are not putting forth full effort,” Lewis said Monday as the Tide began preparations for their SEC opener Saturday at South Carolina. "You’re like, ‘You don’t even realize how much -- you never know when this might be your last play.’

“Those usually [were] the darkest times, when you see somebody else taking the game for granted or not really cherishing that they get to be out here. When you see guys complain, they get to play football and they complain about the external elements, like ‘Oh, it’s hot. I don’t feel like practicing.' Stuff like that."

Lewis would let his slacking teammates know his feelings.

“It’s something that you tell them either right there on the spot or gradually tell them, ‘Y’all gotta pick up the effort. That’s not how we do things around here,'" he said.
                              Must be referring to the Oline

Comment

• I still think there are some leadership/guidance problems on this team.

From attached link:

When Saban was asked about Alfano’s absence after the game, he revealed that Alfano was dealing with some “discipline issues.” At a Wednesday press conference, Saban was asked if he had an update on Alfano.

“Not really. He’s kind of disappeared a little bit,” Saban told reporters.

“Everyone makes mistakes,” Saban started, going on to say, “I think you compound the problem when you don’t confront the mistakes you make and you create greater consequences for yourself.”

“I hope this will be a learning experience for all the guys on our team,” Saban added.

Soooooooo, he gone?

Another link/source:

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2019/9/...-and-secondary

Here is Nick Saban’s final prep week press conference. Therein, he notes that Antonio Alfano, the super talented rush end whom we all had tremendous hope for, has gone AWOL a bit.
                                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X