General News about Bama Foozeball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
    I still think there are some leadership/guidance problems on this team.

From attached link:

When Saban was asked about Alfano’s absence after the game, he revealed that Alfano was dealing with some “discipline issues.” At a Wednesday press conference, Saban was asked if he had an update on Alfano.

“Not really. He’s kind of disappeared a little bit,” Saban told reporters.

“Everyone makes mistakes,” Saban started, going on to say, “I think you compound the problem when you don’t confront the mistakes you make and you create greater consequences for yourself.”

“I hope this will be a learning experience for all the guys on our team,” Saban added.

Soooooooo, he gone?

Another link/source:

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2019/9/...-and-secondary

Here is Nick Saban’s final prep week press conference. Therein, he notes that Antonio Alfano, the super talented rush end whom we all had tremendous hope for, has gone AWOL a bit.
    I take it as in he's in the process of "quitting"...

Comment

• I will be very disappointed of Alfano leaves. He was one of my favorites of the last class

Comment

• https://www.si.com/college-football/...jacobs-alabama

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post
          I will be very disappointed of Alfano leaves. He was one of my favorites of the last class
          In the portal.....he gone.........maybe not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stan View Post
            I will be very disappointed of Alfano leaves. He was one of my favorites of the last class
            He was our top-rated recruit.

Comment

• I don't get it RE: Dickerson. I just don't get it.

OFFENSIVE LINE
              Landon Dickerson, OL, Alabama
              • The junior transfer turned his most consistent and dominant performance to date in an Alabama uniform
              • Provided time for quarterback Tua Tagovailoa to throw for a career high 444 yards and five touchdowns in a 47-23 victory at South Carolina in the SEC opener
              • Started at right guard and played 58 snaps while not allowing a hurry, pressure or sack
              • Did not miss an assignment on 58 snaps and helped the Crimson Tide roll up 576 yards of total offense that averages out to 8.9 yards per play.

Also:

https://247sports.com/college/alabam...ina-135700806/ OFFENSE

Landon Dickerson

-- Started at right guard and played 58 snaps on the afternoon
              -- Did not allow a quarterback hurry, pressure or sack
              -- The redshirt junior did not miss an assignment for the day and helped the Crimson Tide roll up 576 yards of total offense against the Gamecocks.
              Some well deserved recognition for the generational passer and one of the men who protect him.
              "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
              Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
              Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• "Some well deserved recognition for the generational passer . . ."

I didn't know "generational passer" was a thing. Does it mean that you procreate your own grandchildren, thereby passing a generation? Is a generational passer different from an existential passer?

Comment

• Starting outside linebacker Terrell Lewis wasn’t practicing with his group during the viewing period. Nick Saban on Monday said there were some bumps and bruises but nothing overly serious coming off the South Carolina game outside of LaBryan Ray’s foot injury.

-- The middle linebacker groups had Christian Harris and Shane Lee in the first wave followed by Ale Kaho and Jaylen Moody. Kaho replaced Harris in the second half of the South Carolina game and Saban said Monday they were undecided how the lineup would look Saturday for Southern Miss.

-- Defensive lineman Antonio Alfano remains absent, though AL.com can report the former five-star recruit has not officially entered the NCAA’s transfer portal. His father Frank Alfano took to Twitter on Friday to discuss the situation as it stood at that moment.

-- Justin Eboigbe is the next guy up on the defensive line with Ray out for the foreseeable future. “He is a really great guy,” Alabama offensive guard Landon Dickerson said. “I think he brings a lot to the table, he always practices hard so you know I’m excited I’m sure he’ll uh you know step it up whenever we start practicing together a little more.”

-- The Green Bay Packers were among the NFL teams who had scouts at practice Tuesday.
                  Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                  Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                  Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Kaho is not the answer at ILB... Harris or Moody, please.

Comment

• So we flipped a 5* QB from USCw today....
                      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Coach Saban is, apparently, a busier man than we thought.
                        U.S.-Israeli media magnate Haim Saban on Monday said he would give up control in Israeli mobile phone operator Partner Communications after failing to secure better terms on a loan he used to pay for the stake.
                        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                          So we flipped a 5* QB from USCw today....
                          Correct. Minus 1 star

Comment

• 'U.S.-Israeli media magnate Haim Saban on Monday said he would give up control in Israeli mobile phone operator Partner Communications after failing to secure better terms on a loan he used to pay for the stake.'

Throwing down the headset, so to speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post

Correct. Minus 1 star
                              The rumors turned out to be true, and we couldn’t be happier about it.
                              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• The headline suggests otherwise
                                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X