No announcement yet.

General News about Bama Foozeball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell, if I were Mike Locksley I'd be relieved that the head coach was no longer making me take up part of my game planning and practice time with "Jalen plays."

Comment

I know right? We ran the option...the option! On 3rd and 10! SMH

Comment

Hanny,

I was under the impression the new RS rule only allowed the first 4 games.... Can't pick and choose which ones....

Comment

Originally posted by Tidestalker
          Hanny,

I was under the impression the new RS rule only allowed the first 4 games.... Can't pick and choose which ones....
          Well that makes sense and would be good IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
            Well that makes sense and would be good IMO.

But I've seen people say it both ways. I'm bad at comprehension... So you may be right?! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Tidestalker

But I've seen people say it both ways. I'm bad at comprehension... So you may be right?! LOL
              After about 15 seconds of research, it looks like it can be any 4 games other than postseason.

People may be confusing it with the old medical redshirt rule that was something like the first 30% of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                After about 15 seconds of research, it looks like it can be any 4 games other than postseason.

People may be confusing it with the old medical redshirt rule that was something like the first 30% of the season.

Okie Dokie. Next question:

After 2,3,4,5,6,7,8, or 9 games of Mac taking the #2 reps and getting mop up snaps - Do we really want (or more importantly, need) Jalen to save a season?

My answer is no. I think Mac would be better. Especially if he's getting more attention in practices and some live bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidestalker View Post

Okie Dokie. Next question:

After 2,3,4,5,6,7,8, or 9 games of Mac taking the #2 reps and getting mop up snaps - Do we really want (or more importantly, need) Jalen to save a season?

My answer is no. I think Mac would be better. Especially if he's getting more attention in practices and some live bullets.
                  I think the reason to allow it to occur in any four games is from Bama's perspective (consider true freshmen in this and not Jalen), you'd want them to play in the non-Power 5 non-conference games and against Arky or Vandy or somebody. You wouldn't want to play them Week 1 if you're playing Florida State or against Ole Miss or something. I think the way the rule is worded certainly benefits the players. Also for a lot of players, they may not be physically ready to play at the beginning of the season as freshmen.

As far as Jalen specifically, I could think of packages he could be used in for big games that would at least require them to prep for it, which would eliminate prep time for something else. It would be a bit of gamesmanship if nothing else. I want the Barn or LSU or someone having to at least be concerned that they might have to see a completely different offense depending on which QB is playing. If we want to redshirt Jalen and burn that up in the first 4 games, we lose that possibility.
                  barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

I also has a question. If this is true and Jalen redshirts...does that pretty much mean that camp Jalen and the Bama coaches have an understood agreement that he's leaving after the season is over?

Comment

Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

I think the reason to allow it to occur in any four games is from Bama's perspective (consider true freshmen in this and not Jalen), you'd want them to play in the non-Power 5 non-conference games and against Arky or Vandy or somebody. You wouldn't want to play them Week 1 if you're playing Florida State or against Ole Miss or something. I think the way the rule is worded certainly benefits the players. Also for a lot of players, they may not be physically ready to play at the beginning of the season as freshmen.

As far as Jalen specifically, I could think of packages he could be used in for big games that would at least require them to prep for it, which would eliminate prep time for something else. It would be a bit of gamesmanship if nothing else. I want the Barn or LSU or someone having to at least be concerned that they might have to see a completely different offense depending on which QB is playing. If we want to redshirt Jalen and burn that up in the first 4 games, we lose that possibility.
                      I couldn't see Hurts being invested enough in that case... Like, putting a season in his hands under the circumstances seems a little odd. Especially considering his short commings (which every defense is aware of)

Comment

Boz is saying that Mack Wilson has a broken bone in his foot. Making a 3D printed brace to fit inside his shoe. He is going to manage pain and have surgery after the season. It begins

Comment

Originally posted by Tidestalker View Post

I couldn't see Hurts being invested enough in that case... Like, putting a season in his hands under the circumstances seems a little odd. Especially considering his short commings (which every defense is aware of)
                          You could leverage his desire to redshirt into doing something like this. If he doesn't remain invested, you send him into more games and lose the redshirt. If he refuses to go into the game, he ends up with egg on his face and limits his transfer possibilities. Is it a little dirty to do that to him? Sure but it's also a little dirty for him to dictate how much he wants to play if hes not the starter.

I'm not suggesting you would play him even a third of the time but you still have to prepare to defend him in big games because one drive might make all the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                            Boz is saying that Mack Wilson has a broken bone in his foot. Making a 3D printed brace to fit inside his shoe. He is going to manage pain and have surgery after the season. It begins
                            A 3D printed brace? Ha! As if there were such a thing.

That Boz.

Comment

I thought 3D printers were only for plastic guns.
                              "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                              Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                              Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

We need to start giving up milk or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X