No announcement yet.

General News about Bama Foozeball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, looks like Jalen is staying and accepting the back up role this year. Really thought he'd voluntarily sit and have 2 years to play but I can't be mad at his decision. It was his to make. I hope it isn't taken as me badmouthing him by me saying "I hope we don't need him in a game", because if the worst case scenario happened I'd be elated to have him step in. I just hope that said scenario doesn't happen. Roll Tide, Jalen.

Comment

• I was coming back from my fall golf trip yesterday and was listening to Clemson sports radio. After the Kelly Bryant announcement, everybody was like..........

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
        I was coming back from my fall golf trip yesterday and was listening to Clemson sports radio. After the Kelly Bryant announcement, everybody was like..........
        Kinda like after our 16-yd punt last Saturday?

Last edited by Chechem; 09-27-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chechem View Post

Kinda like after our 16-yd punt last Saturday?

Was that the short one or the other short one or the other short one?
          barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• With Womack coming back, it seems like a guard spot would be the priority. Whether that means Womack or Wills moving to Guard I dunno, but that would be the biggest room for improvement, with either Leatherwood or Cotton IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Tidestalker View Post
              With Womack coming back, it seems like a guard spot would be the priority. Whether that means Womack or Wills moving to Guard I dunno, but that would be the biggest room for improvement, with either Leatherwood or Cotton IMO
              Surprisingly Leatherwood hasn't been as good as hoped this year. Cotton has always been good in runs; less so in pass blocking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chechem View Post

Surprisingly Leatherwood hasn't been as good as hoped this year. Cotton has always been good in runs; less so in pass blocking.
                Well our run blocking is an issue.
                barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

• The ProFootballFocus article that Sabin (Rainer) references in his AL.com article about Leatherwood: https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...ugh-four-weeks

I'm surprised we grade out as the second best OL in the SEC:

2. Alabama Crimson Tide

Left tackle Jonah Williams figures to be an early draft pick when he leaves school for the NFL, and after impressing as a freshman and sophomore, he has taken his game to another level in his junior year. Through four weeks in 2018, Williams is the highest-graded offensive tackle in the nation and has allowed just two hurries from 132 pass-blocking snaps. The unit overall lacks a weak link, and while right guard Alex Leatherwood is the lowest-graded player on the line at 64.5, that still sees him in the middle of the pack in the SEC, ranking at the 16th-graded graded guard out of the 25 to play at least 200 snaps. As a group, they have been key to Alabama’s running game, and it’s no surprise that through every gap where they have run at least three times, they average over five yards per carry.

Comment

• Also according to their grades, Quinnen Williams and Deointe Thompson have been the two best defensive players in the country this year: https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...-stars-of-2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                      Also according to their grades, Quinnen Williams and Deointe Thompson have been the two best defensive players in the country this year: https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...-stars-of-2018
                      I b'lee dat!

Comment

• Terrell Lewis been doing work!

https://twitter.com/tdalabamamag/sta...863930880?s=12

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                          Heck yeah! We need him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD
                            If he’s cleared to play, by that time he’d likely appear in four games or less and not lose a year of eligibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

If he’s cleared to play, by that time he’d likely appear in four games or less and not lose a year of eligibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Good point, though I think he'll be gone after his 3rd year anyway.

Comment

• I don't think you can play in the postseason under that 4 game rule.

Comment

Working...
                                X