No announcement yet.

**General Football Talk - Not Worthy of a Thread** Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy 2022. First cold weather city. I wonder what their bid looked like as opposed to other domed places in the north like Minneapolis, Detroit,

Comment

• Curious. Do you think the board sort of died a little last year because everyone just checked out after the Clemson loss. I know I did, and not just with message boards. I didn't pay attention to signing day or spring ball, or really even fall camp. I was just beat down. Were there similar feelings amongst the woolly last year?

Comment

• Trob
        Trob commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it had more to do with it being down for so long and people just stopped checking to see if it was back. I know that was the case for me.

• Originally posted by PCRammer View Post
      Indy 2022. First cold weather city. I wonder what their bid looked like as opposed to other domed places in the north like Minneapolis, Detroit,
      I'd imagine that their hosting of the Big10 championship game didn't hurt them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post

I'd imagine that their hosting of the Big10 championship game didn't hurt them.
        Good point. And "hey, we ain't Detroit" was probably mentioned as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by PCRammer View Post
          Curious. Do you think the board sort of died a little last year because everyone just checked out after the Clemson loss. I know I did, and not just with message boards. I didn't pay attention to signing day or spring ball, or really even fall camp. I was just beat down. Were there similar feelings amongst the woolly last year?
          I think it was both. Our feels were definitely hurt after last year's Natty game, but it also took some time to get the site back up and running. I, however, have stayed true to the Woolly.

Comment

• Agree with Trob... I was actively checking in less and less as the week's passed.. but hey, Im just a Jr Member with 180 some odd posts and absolutely no rep... so take what I am saying and toss it what the hell do I know

Comment

• Originally posted by rolltide66
              Agree with Trob... I was actively checking in less and less as the week's passed.. but hey, Im just a Jr Member with 180 some odd posts and absolutely no rep... so take what I am saying and toss it what the hell do I know
              Biff should give you his rep. He don't use it.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post
                Biff should give you his rep. He don't use it.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
                He don't want Biff's rep.

Comment

• Originally posted by PCRammer
                  Curious. Do you think the board sort of died a little last year because everyone just checked out after the Clemson loss. I know I did, and not just with message boards. I didn't pay attention to signing day or spring ball, or really even fall camp. I was just beat down. Were there similar feelings amongst the woolly last year?
                  It's been dying a SLO death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by It Takes Eleven View Post

It's been dying a SLO death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Pro-Bowl sucks as always. Here's something better:

Comment

• AthlonSports Early Top 50 Players for 2018

Alabama players: 35) Jonah Williams, 34) Raekwon Davis, 27) Tua Tagovailoa. Dylan Moses and Mack Wilson made honorable mention.

Yep, you read it correctly. Tua higher than Williams and the Chef and no Damian Harris, not even in the honorable mentions.
                        Ranking college football's top 50 players for 2018.

Comment

• With 14:13 left and Alabama leading Vanderbilt 52-0, freshman running back Najee Harris was pulled from the game for another freshman in Brian Robinson. A
                          "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                          Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                          Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• So, "As Mississippi Turns" now takes another twist.

Looming storm for SEC rivals

It’s been a weird week in Starkville (and now in Gainesville). First, Dan Mullen got sued by Rebel Rags for defamation, stemming from statements he and players made to the NCAA during the Ole Miss investigation.

Why does this litigation matter? It matters because of a growing storm at MSU regarding a seemingly-unrelated Andy Cannizaro firing.

ICYMI, former LSU hitting coach Andy Cannizaro was tabbed to be Bully’s skipper this season. He promptly started poaching LSU commitments, exacerbating the already-bad blood between Manieri and Cohen. But, in a karmic twist of fate, Cannizaro abruptly got kicked to the curb earlier this week for having an extramarital affair. We’re not going to name the woman, but it is the worst-kept secret in the SEC that this person was allegedly a former employee with ‘State’s football operations and was rumored to be having a long-time affair with Dan Mullen...an affair he now continues at Florida.

Now, enter the Rebels Rags case: practically everything is discoverable in a civil case (just ask Hugh Freeze!). Mullen sleeping with a subordinate and hiring sexual partners is a tremendous source of liability for the university. It can absolutely result in for-cause termination, and is exactly what Bobby Petrino was doing...only the sexy time happened with mittens instead of an awesome neckbrace (You’re welcome for that mental image, BTW.) Given that Cannizaro’s wife is expecting their child this week in a now-uncertain marriage, and given that UF AD (former MSU AD) Scott Stricklin is also named in the Rebels Rags suit, and given that the mistress’ spouse may not like to be cuckolded, and given that Ms. Mullen may not like to be publicly clowned, it is now highly likely that Mullen’s affair becomes very public knowledge, very quickly — whether we learn it through a divorce suit, child custody hearing, or the defamation case. The affair isn’t the big deal: the sexin’ your subordinate is — this could cost Mullen everything.

Grab your butts, Florida Football. I don’t think you’ll be able to breathe easily here for a long, long time.

Alabama will find ways to get the ball to one of the most exciting players of 2018
                            "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                            Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                            Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

• The chick that likes to sleep with coaches:

Comment

Working...
                              X