6-7 370lbs 8th grader gets Alabama offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-7 370lbs 8th grader gets Alabama offer

A 14 year old should not be able to carry 370lbs and look barely overweight. Is it possible for a 7-footer to effectively play OL? Can the right footwork and leverage be achieved?

Kiyaunta Goodwin, a 6-foot-7, 370-pound eighth grader out of Louisville, Kentucky received an Alabama offer over the weekend, the offensive tackle prospect in the Class of 2022 announced on Twitter.

Goodwin wears size 18 shoes, hovers over every classmate and now goes to school Monday with a story to tell his friends involving Saban and the Crimson Tide.

"Every day, someone wants to know how old he is," Goodwin's mother, Kimberly Durham told Bleacher Report. "And when you tell them, they don't believe you. At his size, I get afraid that people will mistake him as a grown man."

According to Durham, who is 6-foot-3 in her own right, doctors have told the family Goodwin is expected to grow over seven feet tall as his growth spurt continues. That estimate was 7-foot-10 at age 4 when rapidly-developing bone structure was taken into account, she says.
    https://247sports.com/college/alabam...der-119133086/

Big boy better get good at bball if he is headed north of 7 feet tall

Comment

Wasn't Fluker pretty tall? Not 7' plus, but pretty tall if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
        Wasn't Fluker pretty tall? Not 7' plus, but pretty tall if I remember correctly.
        I dont think he was 7', but he was one big dude. His hands were the size of a baseball glove. I met him a few times and it was always awkward to shake his hand because they were so big.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
          There were claims of 6-7" or maybe even 6-8" or so coming out of high school, but he measured in at 6' 5" at the NFL combine. Similarly, this kid was probably wearing 2" heals when someone measured him at 6' 6.25" and they called it 6-7.

Much like all our guys get slower while they're in college. They all run 4.3s and 4.4s in high school, but when they get to the electronic timer at the Combine suddenly they run 4.5s.

Comment

Must be the black shoes at the Combine.
            "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
            Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
            Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Working...
            X