Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Najee wasn't happy with his Freshman Season, either

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Najee wasn't happy with his Freshman Season, either

    Coach Saban's biggest accomplishments may not be on the field of play. His biggest accomplishment may just be re-enforcing patience and keeping all these highly talented players content to wait their turn.
    Nearly six months later, the images of Alabama running back Najee Harris in college football’s national-championship game remain vivid: bursting into the open, bouncing off tacklers, making a loud splash on the sport’s biggest stage. Now he’s eager for an encore. Harris, the country’s No. 1 recruit in the class of 2017 at Antioch High School, peers toward the start of training camp early next month with a curious mix of bravado and skepticism. His six-carry, 64-yard performance in the title game might have showed the world his readiness, but he already brimmed with quiet confidence. That’s why he contemplated leaving Alabama after his freshman season, frustrated by sparse playing time.
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

    “I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

    “You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

  • #2
    You can bet your ass that he will be a force to be reckoned with this year. Damien too. Will be like a high powered law firm; Harris & Harris.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 2Stater View Post
      You can bet your ass that he will be a force to be reckoned with this year. Damien too. Will be like a high powered law firm; Harris & Harris.
      More like a couple of thoroughbreds: Secretariat and Man O' War. Click image for larger version

Name:	panic.gif
Views:	1
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	54130

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Chechem View Post

        More like a couple of thoroughbreds: Secretariat and Man O' War. Click image for larger version

Name:	panic.gif
Views:	1
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	54130
        Good analogy. Even better emoji.

        Comment


        • #5
          Judging by the way that game finished, both he and Tua appeared to be pretty justified.

          Ultimately I think when Tua plays most of hte offensive guys will have a higher moral. More rhythm, more yards, more TD's, more guys touching the ball...

          Obviously with D. Harris coming back it will limit N. Harris' touches... But there's also Jacobs and Brian Robinson. Don't know if we will ever see a work horse RB again under Saban and I really think that's a good thing for everyone. I know the RB's want as many touches as possible, but the NFL isn't looking for damaged goods anymore.

          Comment


          • #6
            I may be off base here, but why is everyone all of a sudden worried about freshmen being happy? Najee and Tua are both talented players but so are a whole host of guys over the past 10 years that didn't get to play as freshmen.

            Clearly there is belief that Tua should have been starting and playing much sooner, but I don't think anyone can complain about our running back production before Najee started getting totes. I'm sure Coach had his reasons for not immediately making him the bell cow back. If he's not happy with it, suck it up and dominate the reps you do get. He did that. Now he's in line for more carries. That's just how it works.
            barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

            Comment


            • #7
              No offense to Najee but I’m more bothered by the number of carries Damien had

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Stan View Post
                No offense to Najee but I’m more bothered by the number of carries Hurts took from the running backs during pass plays
                ftfy
                "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

                “I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                Nick Saban 05/29/2018

                “You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                Nick Saban 06/13/2018

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
                  I may be off base here, but why is everyone all of a sudden worried about freshmen being happy? Najee and Tua are both talented players but so are a whole host of guys over the past 10 years that didn't get to play as freshmen.

                  Clearly there is belief that Tua should have been starting and playing much sooner, but I don't think anyone can complain about our running back production before Najee started getting totes. I'm sure Coach had his reasons for not immediately making him the bell cow back. If he's not happy with it, suck it up and dominate the reps you do get. He did that. Now he's in line for more carries. That's just how it works.
                  I'm not worried about Najee much at all... The Tua thing is/was absolutely worrisome. Easy for freshman to get in each others ear and share discontent, especially watching the offense sputter with Jalen.

                  IMO Jalen's play created a chain reaction of unhappiness. When you can't sustain drives, how can you use depth? WR's and RB's were NEVER used adequately with Jalen because the biggest plays were QB scrambles. Otherwise the chains weren't getting moved.

                  Tua starting will fix a lot of issues... Even if that means a few more TO's, it's worth it. Points, production, lots of involvement from very talented players....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post
                    I may be off base here, but why is everyone all of a sudden worried about freshmen being happy? Najee and Tua are both talented players but so are a whole host of guys over the past 10 years that didn't get to play as freshmen.

                    Clearly there is belief that Tua should have been starting and playing much sooner, but I don't think anyone can complain about our running back production before Najee started getting totes. I'm sure Coach had his reasons for not immediately making him the bell cow back. If he's not happy with it, suck it up and dominate the reps you do get. He did that. Now he's in line for more carries. That's just how it works.
                    I see what you're saying. Usually, it's the other assignments and not running the ball that keeps them off the field. Damien is a brutal pass blocker:



                    Tried pasting in at the right time, but his cut down of a blitzing LB/DB clears the way at 31:34.
                    Last edited by It Takes Eleven; 07-09-2018, 08:11 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tidestalker View Post



                      IMO Jalen's play created a chain reaction of unhappiness. When you can't sustain drives, how can you use depth? WR's and RB's were NEVER used adequately with Jalen because the biggest plays were QB scrambles. Otherwise the chains weren't getting moved.

                      Tua starting will fix a lot of issues... Even if that means a few more TO's, it's worth it. Points, production, lots of involvement from very talented players....
                      ^^^^
                      This.

                      But I still think Coach Saban starts Hurts until Tua takes it from him. Loyalty

                      "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

                      “I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                      Nick Saban 05/29/2018

                      “You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                      Nick Saban 06/13/2018

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post

                        ^^^^
                        This.

                        But I still think Coach Saban starts Hurts until Tua takes it from him. Loyalty
                        I'm not into "predicting" anything... but it wouldn't shock me in the least to see it play out that way.

                        I'm sure Saban will handle the situation the way he feels it best for the team moving forward... and he has a much better data set to refer back to in making that decision, so I'll be happy in what ever way he decides to go.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If Hurts trots out on that field in the first game.......

                          That "free agent" has not progressed one single bit since his first ever start. Not one damn bit.

                          Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X