No announcement yet.

Urban Meyer's Fake Cardiac Arrest Countdown Clock has started

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urban Meyer was seen touching the side of his head at multiple points during and after No. 3 Ohio State’s 49-26 defeat of Indiana on Saturday, at one taking a knee due to severe pain. FOX sideline reporter Bruce Feldman says Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer collided with another staffer on Dwayne Haskins' touchdown …
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Sorry, content not available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a two-fer article:

Meyer is particularly and singularly unlikable. Even before the off-field drama this preseason against former receivers coach Zach Smith that led to Meyer being suspended, investigated over what he knew about domestic abuse allegations and ultimately reinstated, Meyer was not popular either among his peers or college football fans outside of Ohio.
        When Ohio State loses these days, it tends to do so spectacularly, as it did Saturday in a 49-20 blowout at Purdue. No sympathy outside of Columbus.
        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
        Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
        Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

... SOMETHING IS FLAWED IN URBAN MEYER’S PROGRAM

Outside of Alabama, Ohio State (1) has the deepest reservoir of talent in the nation. The past three Buckeyes recruiting classes have all ranked in the Rivals.com top three nationally, and they’ve had 26 players taken in the past three NFL drafts. Ten of those draft picks have been in the first round; Alabama has had nine first-rounders in the same period of time.

That overwhelming talent base is the biggest reason why Ohio State is 30-5 over the 2016-18 seasons. But for all the athletes, there is a missing element of fierce competitiveness in this Urban Meyer (2) program. When the going gets truly tough, his teams check out.

In the rare instances of defeat, Meyer’s teams don’t just lose. They unravel. The 31-16 home loss to flag-planting Baker Mayfield and Oklahoma. The 31-0 skunking against Clemson in the 2016 College Football Playoff. The 31-point rout at Iowa last year. The 29-point humiliation at the hands of a much more inspired Purdue (3) team Saturday night.

In the face of adversity, the Buckeyes lack poise. They lack resilience. They lack a Plan B. They lack daring. They don’t lose scratching and clawing; they lose rolling over.

Purdue has nowhere near Ohio State’s talent — the Boilermakers lost to Eastern Michigan, for the love of Purdue Pete — but it broke the Buckeyes’ plywood will and ran them out of Ross-Ade Stadium. A couple of theories on why:

* Urban himself. He does not look well during games. Whether it’s stress or dread or something else, Meyer very often appears to be steeped in misery — this year perhaps more than ever. It would seem difficult for players to draw much inspiration in difficult situations from a head coach who looks like he’s physically ill. You wonder if all the August Zach Smith drama has taken an internal toll on an already fragile narcissist.

* The NFL. Ohio State is hardly the only program that relentlessly sells itself as a pathway to professional football in recruiting, but you wonder whether establishing your program as an NFL weigh station impacts the commitment to Ohio State’s success. Do they really care?

Injured star Nick Bosa got up and walked out on an undefeated, No. 2-ranked team last week. While he might not have been able to contribute on the field again in the regular season, dropping out of school and leaving Columbus instead of staying with the team sends a message — commitment is disposable. Maybe that’s how it should be when weighing an eight-figure future vs. room and board and tuition. But is it really an either/or choice? Does anyone think Bosa couldn’t prepare for the pros at Ohio State, like all the draftees who came before him?

Whatever the cause, there is something amiss at a program that on the outside has it all. Ohio State now appears ticketed for a second straight year of missing the College Football Playoff — a four-touchdown loss to a 4-3 team leaves a mark — while program peers Alabama and Clemson march on.

It’s time for some introspection in Columbus. And some humility, too.

For all its athletes, there is a missing element in this Urban Meyer's program. When the going gets truly tough, his teams check out.
          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Nick Bosa’s college football career is over.
            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
              This is a two-fer article:

Meyer is particularly and singularly unlikable. Even before the off-field drama this preseason against former receivers coach Zach Smith that led to Meyer being suspended, investigated over what he knew about domestic abuse allegations and ultimately reinstated, Meyer was not popular either among his peers or college football fans outside of Ohio.
              Oh yeah, I could hate him even if he were holding a koala.

Comment

According to a report from Brett McMurphy of Stadium, Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer was aware of an "alleged racially-charged altercation in September 2017" between former assistant coach Zach Smith and Trevon Grimes and "helped keep it quiet...
                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Ohio State has denied an allegation that former coach Zach Smith used a racial slur during a confrontation with former player Trevon Grimes.
                  Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Redemption in 3, 2, 1, .....
                    Winning tends to heal all wounds in the world of sports. Regardless of the content of your character, people are more likely to remember the athletic highs of your sporting career because the image of lifting trophies tends to be easier to stomach socially than, say, keeping an accused domestic abuser on your staff.
                    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Asked twice about his future as Ohio State’s football coach, Urban Meyer preferred to talk abo...
                      Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

There was just a bit of a reaction to the revelation by the Buckeyes' head coach of his immediate plans after retirement.
                        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Now urbz is going to be an assistant AD after retirement. Hilarious

Comment

It is done (until the heart attack and tumor spontaneously resolve).

the Book of Urban
                            Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

How sad when urban was celebrating the recovery of the onside kick and only one player came near him.

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang
                                It is done (until the heart attack and tumor spontaneously resolve).

the Book of Urban
                                I betcha he'll be back coaching in 2 years

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X