No announcement yet.

Fall Camp Notes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could still be playing the championship game against Georgia and still have no offensive TDs with Jalen QBing.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Comment

Wooooow. That was pretty intense.

I'm a huge Tua > Jalen believer, but I could def see why he'd be frustrated. If the staff is just letting things simmer... despite Saban surprising him with his comments and jalen actually coming at Saban for clarification... his frustration is justified.

Would have liked to see where that interview would have ended without the PR guy stepping in. Jalen sounds like like he's ready to head out IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Tidestalker View Post
        Wooooow. That was pretty intense.

I'm a huge Tua > Jalen believer, but I could def see why he'd be frustrated. If the staff is just letting things simmer... despite Saban surprising him with his comments and jalen actually coming at Saban for clarification... his frustration is justified.

Would have liked to see where that interview would have ended without the PR guy stepping in. Jalen sounds like like he's ready to head out IMO
        Be prepared for this to get worse - not necessarily during the season, but after he leaves and has a good landing spot. Sounds like he is very upset with Saban. I have always thought the world of that kid, but the armor is cracking. I understand it. Heck, when I was his age, I'm sure I would have exploded much less graciously. (I bet that surprises no one)

Comment

I love Jalen, I appreciate all that he has done for Bama. He’s a good kid and isn’t someone you have to worry about getting in trouble. Maybe it is becoming clear to him, the coaches, and the team that Tua is going to be the guy. Jalen sounds frustrated (and I can understand that) and defeated, as though he knows he probably won’t be able to get the job back.

The facts are:

The offense became anemic the second half of last year without an even average passing game.

We DO NOT win the national championship game without making the change at QB.

Jalen did not show any apparent improvement during the A-Day game, as noted by Saban’s comments during the game that were caught on the mic.
          Last edited by Bama Ravens; 08-04-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

I'm enjoying this football talk.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a horrible situation for what appears to be a terrific kid with well above average skills in some areas. I feel bad for him, I really do.
              "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
              Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
              Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

OK so Jalen is frustrated and is speaking out. Does that mean every guy who is frustrated should speak out against the coaches? I don't think so. Listening to Jalen's words and reading the reports, I can't figure exactly what Jalen is saying. It's borderline incoherent much of the time.

I didn't like what he said at about 2:10 in the YouTube clip, i.e. "I'm representing myself and my family." Hello Jalen: You are also representing the team. Did you forget that?

Hard for me to see how he "wins the team" after this. I hope what happens in camp makes the decision VERY obvious. Maybe that will help the team get past the stuff that's been stirred up by this interview.

Comment

Or, perhaps hes been told that the chips have fallen and Jalen knows he's not the guy in 2019
                  Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                  Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                  Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by McBaman View Post
                    OK so Jalen is frustrated and is speaking out. Does that mean every guy who is frustrated should speak out against the coaches? I don't think so. Listening to Jalen's words and reading the reports, I can't figure exactly what Jalen is saying. It's borderline incoherent much of the time.

I didn't like what he said at about 2:10 in the YouTube clip, i.e. "I'm representing myself and my family." Hello Jalen: You are also representing the team. Did you forget that?

Hard for me to see how he "wins the team" after this. I hope what happens in camp makes the decision VERY obvious. Maybe that will help the team get past the stuff that's been stirred up by this interview.
                    I agree with a lot of this. Jalen was upset because CNS said: "Well, I have no idea, I expect him to be there." This was coming off the heels of Papa Hurts running his mouth about Jalen leaving if he doesn't get the starting job. Jalen shouldn't have taken exception to that statement.

He was also upset because apparently, none of the coaches talked to him about the situation. Hey Jalen, communication works both ways dude. Somehow, I think there's probably been quite a bit of communicating since the interview.

That got under my skin too, McB, about only representing himself and his family. Ask any other team member and they will tell you the U of A is family.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Comment

Jalen, smh
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	65E51708-0A29-43E1-A611-032389A38291.png
Views:	1
Size:	358.1 KB
ID:	54969

Comment

Originally posted by Pinche Cabron View Post
                        Yeah, surprised that he no longer is simply stating the "party line". He has issues.

Comment

Bottom line on ESPN is now quoting the Hurts interview. Guess anOSU is very appreciative since their fired asst coach was caught lying again and Urbs said everything but 'I lied' to the media yesterday.
                          Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

-- Tua Tagovailoa was the quarterback with the first-team offense at the beginning of practice. And it looked like he got the majority of reps with the ones through at least the early part of practice.

-- Jalen Hurts had two of the best throws of the practice. One was a touchdown pass of about 35 yards to walk-on Bryce Musso. The other was a perfectly-thrown ball to Henry Ruggs on a go route that went for a touchdown of around 40 yards despite tight coverage from one of the Crimson Tide's first-team defensive backs.

-- There's another quarterback that deserves to be mentioned too, though. Third-string QB Mac Jones had some great throws later in practice, including one he squeezed into a tight window to freshman receiver Xavier Williams. Williams, whom I heard some good stuff about during the summer, had a couple nice catches.

-- Junior cornerback Shyheim Carter, who continues to work as the Tide's first-team nickel back, had at least two interceptions. He picked off both Tagovailoa and Hurts.

-- Sophomore Alex Leatherwood was the right tackle with the first-team offense. Matt Womack, who is back after missing the spring due to a foot injury, was with the second group. The first-team offensive line was the same as the end of the spring: Jonah Williams at left tackle, Lester Cotton at left guard, Ross Pierschbacher at center, Jedrick Wills at right guard and Leatherwood at right tackle. The second-team line consisted of Scott Lashley at left tackle, Deonte Brown at left guard, Chris Owens at center, Josh Casher at right guard and Womack at right tackle.

-- Trevon Diggs was primarily outside at corner but also, as we talked about with him entering camp, got some reps inside at Star.

-- The second-team secondary was: freshman Josh Jobe and Nigel Knott at cornerback, Jared Mayden at Star and Daniel Wright and Kyriq McDonald at safety. Wright picked off Hurts at one point during the practice.

-- Xavian Marks was first up during punt returner drills. Freshman Jaylen Waddle was next. Jerry Jeudy was third.

-- Later in practice, I was keeping an eye some on five-star freshman outside linebacker Eyabi Anoma. On the first play I watched, he blew by the left tackle, fellow freshman Tommy Brown, and got to the quarterback within what seemed like a second or two. As you should know at this point if you've been reading our work at all this summer, he has some big-time potential as a pass rusher.
                            More here:

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i...rt_river_index

Comment

I like a few of you guys caught the “I’ve built a brand, and I have to do what’s best for myself and my family comment.” That kind of shocked me being as he has always been a team guy and coach even made the comment that the guy who wins the team will win the spot. Then in the other corner you had Tua that says “ I’m not competing for a starting job, but looking to help my team be the best they can be.” To me that speaks volumes. Tua spoke like a guy trying to win a team and a job; Jalen spoke like a young man mentally defeated. I believe Jalen is a stand up guy and a heck of an athlete, but a part of me also believes that this is his first one in his “football life” so to speak that he has had to truly compete for a spot and I’m not sure that it hasn’t gotten the better of him.

Comment

Dad is firmly in Jalen's head. Dad cannot accept the FACT that Jalen has not progressed one single bit since his first start.

Jalen will be playing at Texas soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X