X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too think it's his dad's words
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

That would be aTm

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ckirk4bama View Post
        I like a few of you guys caught the “I’ve built a brand, and I have to do what’s best for myself and my family comment.” That kind of shocked me being as he has always been a team guy and coach even made the comment that the guy who wins the team will win the spot. Then in the other corner you had Tua that says “ I’m not competing for a starting job, but looking to help my team be the best they can be.” To me that speaks volumes. Tua spoke like a guy trying to win a team and a job; Jalen spoke like a young man mentally defeated. I believe Jalen is a stand up guy and a heck of an athlete, but a part of me also believes that this is his first one in his “football life” so to speak that he has had to truly compete for a spot and I’m not sure that it hasn’t gotten the better of him.
        Tua is trying to find a balance with the role of being the newly anointed 1st team QB and hurting his friend, Jalen. Jalen isn't taking it well and it is hurting Tua. He is disappointed in Jalen's attitude when he seemed so mature before - but he still cares about him deeply. He has passed his predecessor and it hurts a little (pardon the pun)

Comment

What would fall practice be without some drama, especially this level of drama.

Comment

Screw the QB talk. Everyone should know that Tua needs to start. Are we going to have any defensive backs that know the defense?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
              Screw the QB talk. Everyone should know that Tua needs to start. Are we going to have any defensive backs that know the defense?

Haha. Ain't that the truth.

The D Backfield is a serious question mark... Which is why, IMO, the pass rush is probably the most important aspect of our team this season. Such a bummer Lewis went down, but if those other rotation dudes can hit the QB we should be in business

Comment

Lewis would have been T. Williams X 3 this year

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Im with you on this one. I honestly think with the potential of the O-line and our talented receivers and the fact that we have about 5 backs that would start anywhere in the country, if we can keep our LBs healthy and gel in the defensive backfield, we would likely have a really good run with Mac starting at QB. I mean we made it into the playoffs with Blake sims at QB1.

Comment

We won a natty with freaking Jake Coker.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Which only reiterates the fact that defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                        Which only reiterates the fact that defense wins championships

At Alabama, it's defense and OL. Emphasize defense in defensive line.

The rest, including coordinators and QB's, have been interchangeable.

On the other hand... We've never had a QB like the one we're bout to have. This may test Saban's formula a bit

Comment

I can't help but feel bad for Jalen and I can empathize with his saying no one asked how he felt about all this. At the same time, he knew when he signed that competition would be the name of the game and that being named a starter does not guarantee remaining one. Did he ask Blake Barnett how he felt after he took "his job"? Festivus is months away; now is not the time for the airing of grievances.

There is a shit ton of clutter this year. Hope the team can filter it out as best they can maintain focus on being the best they can be, on the field and off.

Comment

Replacing Mr. Payne's production is also a bigger worry to me than QB.

Comment

Replacing Mr. Payne's production is also a bigger worry to me than QB.

Hoping #9 fills the LB gap (in part).
                              Otherwise, I agree about Payne.
                              Lewis made the last tackle of the 2017 defense by sacking UGA's QB. Hate to lose him this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Trob View Post
                                I can't help but feel bad for Jalen and I can empathize with his saying no one asked how he felt about all this. At the same time, he knew when he signed that competition would be the name of the game and that being named a starter does not guarantee remaining one. Did he ask Blake Barnett how he felt after he took "his job"? Festivus is months away; now is not the time for the airing of grievances.

There is a shit ton of clutter this year. Hope the team can filter it out as best they can maintain focus on being the best they can be, on the field and off.
                                Excellent point about Jalen vs. B. Barnett. Also, note how Les Cotton's words are team focused and how competition for starting job is an ongong part of the process. Les's words are such a stark contrast with Jalen's.

https://www.tidesports.com/lester-co...-for-his-spot/

Comment

Working...
                                X