X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tidestalker
    started a topic Fall Camp Notes

Fall Camp Notes

The first day of practice was Friday afternoon in a humid Tuscaloosa but there was at least some relief from an overcast sky. We'll get right into what we saw in the two-period media viewing period.

-- No quarterback emerged in the 14 minutes we saw.

-- Reading too much into anything would be a mistake but both Jalen Hurts and Tua Tagovailoa threw crisp passes in drills without defensive pressure.

-- Outside linebacker Anfernee Jennings looked fresh leading the line of drills with his group. Coming off a major knee injury in the Sugar Bowl, he looked eager and aggressive in the drills led by first-year defensive coordinator Tosh Lupoi.

-- This was the first official practice for quite a few freshmen -- more than normal since so few enrolled early for the spring.

-- OLB Eyabi Anoma was one of the top-five ranked recruits coming out of Baltimore. You could see he has good speed but has room to add weight on his 6-foot-5, 245-pound frame.

-- Injured outside linebacker Terrell Lewis was watching the practice from inside the weight room. He had a healthy-sized brace on his knee after tearing his ACL over the summer.

-- If there were any questions, DeVonta Smith was with the receivers after spending some time in the spring with the DBs. The addition of several freshmen in the secondary was notable with considerable attention on top cornerback recruit Patrick Surtain II.

More here:
    Alabama practice report: Observations from first workout of 2018 season

• Barney Stinson
    replied
    Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
    Saban would kick your ass up and down the field for saying something like that.
    I'm just going with the prevailing sentiment of the fan base. We are all disappointments to Saban.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal Lecter MD
    replied
    Originally posted by Barney Stinson

As we know performance only matters in 3 or 4 games all year. What you do for 80% of the year means nothing.
    Saban would kick your ass up and down the field for saying something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Barney Stinson
    replied
    I don't think he missed one under 40 yards the entire regular season. That's pretty good incentive to kick from the 20 on 4th and 3.
    As we know performance only matters in 3 or 4 games all year. What you do for 80% of the year means nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal Lecter MD
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan

Im not so sure, both sent the ball towards the sidelines when the pressure was on
    I don't think he missed one under 40 yards the entire regular season. That's pretty good incentive to kick from the 20 on 4th and 3.

Leave a comment:

• Stan
    replied
    Our kicker was better than our QB.
    Im not so sure, both sent the ball towards the sidelines when the pressure was on

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal Lecter MD
    replied
    Our kicker was better than our QB.

Leave a comment:

• Barney Stinson
    replied
    Originally posted by Gideon Swashbuckler View Post

We don't need a punter. Tua is gonna throw 57 INTs.
    Glad you've decided to join the dark side.

Leave a comment:

• RhinoGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gideon Swashbuckler
    Sorry I'm out of the loop, but do we have a kicker? As much as I love the TD that made Tua a legend, but a decent kicker saves us from OT. What the actual fuck is going on in that department?? I'd take a blind, retarded, one-legged cripple over Papatittyouthismouf.
    I honestly don't know why we didn't go for it on 4th downs more often.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Gideon Swashbuckler
    replied
    Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

Having a crappy kicker worries me less than a bad punter.
    We don't need a punter. Tua is gonna throw 57 INTs.

Leave a comment:

• 2Stater
    replied
    Originally posted by Barney Stinson View Post

And we do not have a good punter from all accounts.

Leave a comment:

• RhinoGuy
    replied
    I'm going to miss our punter. I don't think he got the credit he deserved

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Barney Stinson
    replied
    Originally posted by Gideon Swashbuckler View Post
    Sorry I'm out of the loop, but do we have a kicker? As much as I love the TD that made Tua a legend, but a decent kicker saves us from OT. What the actual fuck is going on in that department?? I'd take a blind, retarded, one-legged cripple over Papatittyouthismouf.
    Last edited by Barney Stinson; 08-24-2018, 05:03 PM. Reason: My phone hates me.

Leave a comment:

• Gideon Swashbuckler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Barney Stinson
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan View Post

Exactly why I want Tua to start. Tua does nothing but help our run game. With the O-line we have and Tua at QB, we are breaking the PPG record. Write it down.
    We may have to break the record with all the pick sixes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X