****OFFICIAL Post Mortem Arky St****

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****OFFICIAL Post Mortem Arky St****

Watched the game on my phone from a softball tourney, with frequent lags and freezes. So, yawn, how did it look in real time?

Tua stat line is impressive, but it didn't feel like he was locked in all game. And I guess Coach Saban's plan for redshirting Hurts is completely different than anyone imagined.

O-line was awful at times, subpar at others, and generally did not look good.

Kicking game. Jesus. 2 missed PAT in the same game, and 3 missed in 2 games. I guess its time for the watch-man (Bulovas).

On D, it was not as dominant in appearance as the stats suggested, either at half or end of game. This defense has some pretty big weaknesses that hopefully improve as the season progresses. But we may need 40+ points per game from the offense this season.
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

I thought tua looked good, except for that near int. Took him a couple of series to get back in rhythm after sabans decision to play the veteran out of loyalty. We shouldn’t be shocked, saban has a history of this. Remember terry grant? He did the same exact...no, no he fucking didn’t. He played the better players and we never heard from terry grant again. I don’t understand it, he is sabotaging our season if he plays a two QB system. We lose to one of the three, miss st, LSU, or the barn. Book it

Comment

We have a lot of weaknesses on D. But I don't think we showed our hand on D much in the second half. Plus we emptied the bench in the 4th. Improvement is much needed though, before we get to the meat of the schedule, particularly the secondary. We still haven't learned how to cover the back out of the backfield.

The O line is far from the dominant force that we hoped it would be, though it seemed to me they played pretty well with Jalen in. I think there might have been a lot of sellout with the Arky State D when Tua was in, particularly early, hence the wide open receivers that Tua connected with easily.

Can't criticize too much with a 50 point win, but there is certainly still plenty of work to be done.

Comment

I don't know what's going on

Comment

O/U for Ole Miss

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post
            O/U for Ole Miss

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Over
            barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Under. 55-20

Comment

As bad as our pass defense looks, they may have 20 by the end of the 1st quarter.
                barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Is this stat true?

The most impressive stat of it all is this one: in his first two games this season, Tua Tagovailoa is 10/10 for 187 yards and 4 touchdowns on third down.

More possessions, not less, for tua.
                  *waving arms wildly* hey coach, 3rd downs have been a MAJOR problem the last couple of years!

Comment

I think it is true.
                    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Good - The offensive production is through the roof. Nice to see all these phenom recruits being able to play off each other... Everyone has to be respected which opens up the entire field.

Tua is just amazing. Yes he had the 1 terrible throw... But the other plays he makes are going to overcome the rare negatives. What's most impressive to me are the subtle moves he makes in the pocket, then his ability to throw accurately when off balance. He's just special

WR's & backup kicker were good today as well.

Bad - Is there really anything bad in a 50 pt win? I'll go with some question marks...

The DL. No one besides Quinnen Williams has flashed. Thought Davis and Buggs may have more dominant moments, but we're only 2 games in. LABRYAN RAY - Where the hell is he? He has to be in some type of doghouse. Yeah he played some mop up snaps but he had a bigger role last year despite being further down the depth chart. Not sure what's going on there.

Secondary - Same question marks we've had going into the season... So not a huge surprise. Savion Smith looks the part and is a great athlete, just not sure how sticky his coverage is going to be. Shy Carter doesn't have the physicality that our former Star studs have had... And McKinney is missing something. Again, as expected.

Really, the whole defense is just missing that "it" factor. Kind of a combo of physicality & experience. Obviously there should be some seasoning with each game. Hoping there is a swagger sooner than later, but not sure where it's going to come from. Would be nice to see something from the OLB's... They are supposed to be making plays!

Ugly - Pre game injury, starting kicker, and goal line fumble. All things that have solutions.

RTR

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                        Is this stat true?

The most impressive stat of it all is this one: in his first two games this season, Tua Tagovailoa is 10/10 for 187 yards and 4 touchdowns on third down.

*waving arms wildly* hey coach, 3rd downs have been a MAJOR problem the last couple of years!
                        Great stat. I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                          Is this stat true?

Andre Ware had the audacity to say that Jalen had been great on 3rd down throughout his career. He was obviously talking about some other Jalen.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater

Andre Ware had the audacity to say that Jalen had been great on 3rd down throughout his career. He was obviously talking about some other Jalen.
                            Andre Ware said a whole lotta shit that didn't make sense or was simply untrue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                              Andre Ware said a whole lotta shit that didn't make sense or was simply untrue.
                              Yes he did. He was irrelevant, in my eyes, as soon as he opened his mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X