Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me why Jalen played so much and so early...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Big Balls View Post

    I’m not stupid. And I’m not doing it to stir the pot. Just do me a favor. Answer the questions I asked. Why did he play him equal time in a throw away game? You mentioned that you liked the idea of using Jalen in the big games so other teams would have to prepare. That obviously ain’t he case. If Jalen is redshirting and is the clear number 2 then why did he go in at 19-0? What is Nick preparing him for?
    We need a quality backup, and Jalen is IT. He needs work on his passing, and got some.
    That said, I wouldn't be surprised if CNS is jerking everybody around by playing Jalen instead of Mac.
    Just glad CNS defused the whole issue a bit.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Chechem View Post

      We need a quality backup, and Jalen is IT. He needs work on his passing, and got some.
      That said, I wouldn't be surprised if CNS is jerking everybody around by playing Jalen instead of Mac.
      Just glad CNS defused the whole issue a bit.
      Exactly! I think we may be jumping the gun by our assumptions. I'm willing to let this play out. If Jalen is truly red shirting, we may not see him again until LSU, if the 4 games can be random. Still unclear on the rule.

      Comment


      • #18
        I honestly don’t know what balls is getting at. If i’m a D coordinator I’m relieved when I see Jalen come in.

        Comment


        • #19
          I didn't say I liked the idea of using him in big games. I hate that idea. What does he make the defense prepare for? Frankly, Tua is a better, more elusive scrambler so don't give me the mobile QB crap.

          The reason he's played in the 2nd quarter is because Saban is being sappy. It's not because he's equal.

          Comment


          • #20
            I’m amazed at the how half this fan base views this QB situation. Just reading around, everyone is just forgetting that Jalen trashes bad defenses. He hasn’t gotten better, he is just throwing against traffic cones. I’m honestly done with this discussion. I really hope it doesn’t come down to Jalen needing to play, bc Mac gives us the better opportunity to win if tua isn’t available, and we are stealing his reps.

            Comment


            • #21
              I don't know what the hell Saban is doing, but I do feel that it doesn't benefit either qb to be getting equal time.
              Neither can get a flow going and stay in rhythm

              Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #22
                Not to mention the rest of the offense, especially receivers

                Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #23
                  Did any of you see what Clemson did with Kelly Bryant and Trevor Lawrence? That’s what Saban is doing. I agree with Biff. Tua needs to stay in the game and stay in a rhythm. If not, we’ll be in the same situation Clemson found themselves in Saturday night.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Saban played Hurts about as early as he did against Louisville. He is going out of his way to show equitable treatment of Jalen. I’m sure part of it is to keep him engaged and to recognize his commitment to the team. However, a big part of it, to me, is to show recruits how he treats his players.



                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      You guys are going to feel like fools when hurts wins the job back.

                      Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Big Balls View Post
                        Did any of you see what Clemson did with Kelly Bryant and Trevor Lawrence? That’s what Saban is doing. I agree with Biff. Tua needs to stay in the game and stay in a rhythm. If not, we’ll be in the same situation Clemson found themselves in Saturday night.
                        The difference is Lawerence looked lost in second half. Our younger QB is the stud.
                        When Clemson needed it though, Dabo went with Kelly, so I get what you're saying. Tua needs all the meaningful snaps though. We know what Jalen can do
                        Last edited by Gideon Swashbuckler; 09-09-2018, 08:24 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Gideon Swashbuckler View Post

                          The difference is Lawerence looked lost in second half. Our younger QB is the stud.
                          When Clemson needed it though, Dabo went with Kelly, so I get what you're saying. Tua needs all the meaningful snaps though. We know what Jalen can do
                          Just poppin in to say that Hurts is the "younger QB".

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X