Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me why Jalen played so much and so early...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stan View Post
    Saban is only doing this to keep Jalen from redshirting. There is no chance a game is on the line and we put Jalen in, unless it's a designed QB run.
    This. And if I'm the opposition's DC, I'm going to assume that it's a run, quarterback or otherwise, and prepare accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Youngleman

This. And if I'm the opposition's DC, I'm going to assume that it's a run, quarterback or otherwise, and prepare accordingly.
      Exactly. There's no situation where putting Jalen in is an advantage.

Comment

Maybe Jalen passes will get better

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoGuy View Post
          Maybe Jalen passes will get better

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
          Maybe unicorns are real

Comment

Jalen : good passing :: Stan: losing 50 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
              Exactly. There's no situation where putting Jalen in is an advantage.

This is not true... Was it the packers game in week 1 where they needed to kill like 4-5 seconds on the last play, and Rogers rolled right and threw it OB?? #GameOver

Comment

Between y'all and Stepen A. Smith, you're gonna give Jalen a complex.

Comment

Maybe unicorns are real
                  Maybe?

Comment

This quote is really the entire 'article' from this site:

Tua’s father, Galu, discussed the relationship Tua and Hurts have, and how he has a tremendous amount of respect for Hurts and treats him like family.

“I know Jalen is a special kid,” said Galu. “I’m really, really grateful and thankful to Jalen and the family, the parents. Jalen took in Tua as his brother, and they’ve worked, and it hurts me to hear and to see how people react to Jalen, I mean, this kid has been so special to this league. As a father, I know how it feels, I can just imagine going through that with my son. It kills me to see things like that.”

“We pray for Jalen, we pray for the family, and I always tell Tua, ‘you have to hold tight to Jalen, that’s your guy,’ not because you’re starting and that things have changed, it should never be like that. It breaks my heart to see that, but at the same time, when we see Jalen come in, I mean, I’m stoked, I’m happy. I want to see him be successful, I want to see him do good, because he’s been good, I mean, he’s taken this team to two national championships. You can’t take that away from him, you can’t take that away from him and his family.”
                    Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts may be in a weird situation, but they have a tremendous amount of respect for each other.
                    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
                      This quote is really the entire 'article' from this site:

Tua’s father, Galu, discussed the relationship Tua and Hurts have, and how he has a tremendous amount of respect for Hurts and treats him like family.

“I know Jalen is a special kid,” said Galu. “I’m really, really grateful and thankful to Jalen and the family, the parents. Jalen took in Tua as his brother, and they’ve worked, and it hurts me to hear and to see how people react to Jalen, I mean, this kid has been so special to this league. As a father, I know how it feels, I can just imagine going through that with my son. It kills me to see things like that.”

“We pray for Jalen, we pray for the family, and I always tell Tua, ‘you have to hold tight to Jalen, that’s your guy,’ not because you’re starting and that things have changed, it should never be like that. It breaks my heart to see that, but at the same time, when we see Jalen come in, I mean, I’m stoked, I’m happy. I want to see him be successful, I want to see him do good, because he’s been good, I mean, he’s taken this team to two national championships. You can’t take that away from him, you can’t take that away from him and his family.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bamaholic View Post
                        Suck it up, buttercup.
                        barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Daddy tua seems like a fantastic person, but Jalen brought a whole bunch of that on himself. If he had always acted the way he has since the season started, nothing would be said. People taking about Jalens skills weren’t being mean, the truth can hurt

Comment

Was brought to my attention on another site.... Didn't think much of it but changing my tune....

Could see Jalen playing this year out, sitting out next season until the last handful of games (depending on a potential Tua injury), play in 4 games and still red shirt, then come back as a RS senior to win the job when Tua leaves for the draft.

If he's serious about trying to get drafted, isn't this his best path? The RS year while still playing 4 games would only help his development. Then a 5th year in a pro style O with all this talent around him and hopefully Enos still on board... Something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidestalker View Post
                              Was brought to my attention on another site.... Didn't think much of it but changing my tune....

Could see Jalen playing this year out, sitting out next season until the last handful of games (depending on a potential Tua injury), play in 4 games and still red shirt, then come back as a RS senior to win the job when Tua leaves for the draft.

If he's serious about trying to get drafted, isn't this his best path? The RS year while still playing 4 games would only help his development. Then a 5th year in a pro style O with all this talent around him and hopefully Enos still on board... Something to think about.
                              Have we ever had 5 QB's on the roster, not counting the Barker kid, and other scout teamers? Seems like it's always been 3 "name" QB's. We could have Tua, Jalen, Mac, Tau, and Paul Tyson.

Comment

Have we ever had 5 QB's on the roster, not counting the Barker kid, and other scout teamers? Seems like it's always been 3 "name" QB's. We could have Tua, Jalen, Mac, Tau, and Paul Tyson.
                                Just looked up 2014 roster:

Coker
                                Bateman
                                Cornwell
                                Sims
                                Morris

Comment

Working...
                                X