Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me why Jalen played so much and so early...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tidestalker View Post

Just looked up 2014 roster:

Coker
    Bateman
    Cornwell
    Sims
    Morris
    We probably always have 5, I just have a terrible memory

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post

We probably always have 5, I just have a terrible memory
      Na I think that year was exceptionally full... of not very good QB's lol

Comment

Can we all agree that Hurts is improving as a passer as the season progresses?
        Fun fact: Hurts has as many touchdowns as Jarrett Stidham on 93 fewer attempts
        "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
        Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
        Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
        Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
          Ok. He has improved.

BUT, at least in every gif they provided, he watched one receiver to get open. In the last gif..he might of looked at the two on the right..its hard to tell. But he stared down his primary target in every case. Against ULL all the receivers had to do was get open and with 5 star WRs all over the place..that wasn't hard for his primary read to do.

With a defense that can actually add pressure and CB's that can actually cover, its "Take-off-and-run" Jalen just like last year.
          Last edited by Big Balls; 10-04-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by quack quack bang
            He seems more accurate and shows a greater willingness to throw the ball. I do also agree with Balls, though, that only better competition will show exactly how much he has improved. I haven't seen him go through a progression of reads/receivers because his first option has been open.

Comment

I think Hurts has improved his delivery, has shown spotty improvement in checking down/looking off, etc. I believe if he truly intends to be an NFL QB, as has been repeatedly suggested by writers/reporters/talking heads, then he's probably sticking it out this year to study under Enos with great skill players surrounding him thereby creating an audition tape for whatever team will have him next year.
              Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
              Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
              Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
                He seems more accurate and shows a greater willingness to throw the ball. I do also agree with Balls, though, that only better competition will show exactly how much he has improved. I haven't seen him go through a progression of reads/receivers because his first option has been open.
                I don't disagree with Balls, either. Time (and tougher competition) will certainly tell.
                Nick Saban 9/10/2016

Nick Saban 05/29/2018

Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

I've seen him actually step up and make a throw just before getting hit which is improvement in itself.... Last year ANY chance he got to leave the pocket he was out.

Bottom line... Tua just makes everyone better. LOL. Joking, but not really.

Comment

Idk why Jalen would leave after this year. He is getting more playing time than Tua. Sure its after Bama is up, but highlights are highlights. He wont play any meaningful snaps, but he is the back up and is playing more than Tua. He would be smart to stay and play next year with those WRs again

Comment

Working...
                    X