No announcement yet.

Post Mortem FAU with Oil Money (Aggies)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Mortem FAU with Oil Money (Aggies)

Overall a pretty fair performance by the men in Crimson when you compare all phases of the game. This team can be electric but had pedestrian moments today. Have our standards gotten so high that anything short of perfection is unacceptable? Or, are we just a product of our environment of “fanning” to a high standard?

Offense- Tua didn't seem as sharp today but you can be a tad bit off when your receivers are other-worldly. Still, Tua was strong. I was frustrated with Hentges early but he rebounded nicely with 2 TDs. For that matter, an offense that uses the TE for something besides blocking and championship games is refreshing. Irv is the real deal. Oline was acceptable in pass blocking but rarely won their individual battles when run blocking. DHarris was a man toward the end, but nobody got loose easily b/c the Oline didn’t win the line of scrimmage. Jacobs decapitated a couple of Aggie DBs. Juedy must wear velcro. O coordinator must have had a stomach virus causing him to miss a few series and leaving the O assistants with Sark’s play charts. My guess is that Hurts burns his redshirt year.

Defense Dr Jekyll had some Mr Hyde moments in the early period. One sad series in the 1st gave Aggie some belief they could hang and it took 2 more quarters to demonstrate that they couldn’t. The D line was dominant at times, racking up a total of 7 sacks against a dynamic offense with some weapons (remember, this was the ‘next’ best team Alabama has faced). But then Mond runs like Forrest Gump with everyone on defense acting like they want somebody else to make the tackle. Still some uncovered routes, one which cost us 7 pts. And, for the first time that I can remember in the Saban era, a team could get to the corner on our LBs. Two fabulous picks, one by Moses and another by Surtain. I think there was a 3rd pick but they let them keep the ball and kick a field goal.

Special Teams - I am so glad that we’ve now got a extra coach dedicated exclusively to special teams. I’d hate to see where we’d be without him. Two shanked punts, a kickoff out of bounds, and two blocking in the back flags. That almost overshadows the perfect PATs attempts and a made field goals.
    "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Good assessment, Quack. A&M was as good as advertised. I think that answered the question of; "Was A&M that good or Clemson that bad?". Mond gave our D fits. We adjusted and played better in the second half, but it just feels wrong giving up 23 points to Texas A&M.

And you're dead on about the run game. They completely shut it down. The O line is the complete opposite of all the other Bama O lines I've seen. In the past, they've always been decent with the run blocking, but suspect in pass protection. Now it's the other way around. It is strange to see that.

Tua wasn't as sharp yesterday. But he was still damn good. Our receivers are just unbelievable. Lucky for us.

Kicking game -

Comment

Indeed, good job Quack.
      I want to see an assessment of what A&M's D-line was doing to clog the line. Eli Gold simply said they clogged the middle, but clearly somebody was getting beaten (and I think it starts at center).

BUT, we can't have perfection with 18-year-old knuckleheads on the field. Still, I'm loving it; best we've been since the middle 60s -- maybe ever. Most fun to watch since Stabler!

Comment

Originally posted by Chechem View Post
        Indeed, good job Quack.
        I want to see an assessment of what A&M's D-line was doing to clog the line. Eli Gold simply said they clogged the middle, but clearly somebody was getting beaten (and I think it starts at center).

BUT, we can't have perfection with 18-year-old knuckleheads on the field. Still, I'm loving it; best we've been since the middle 60s -- maybe ever. Most fun to watch since Stabler!
        I've got autographed hats from 2 of Bama's best ever QBs in my "All things Bama" room. Kenny Stabler and AJ McCarron. Sure would like to make room for one more.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Stater View Post

I've got autographed hats from 2 of Bama's best ever QBs in my "All things Bama" room. Kenny Stabler and AJ McCarron. Sure would like to make room for one more.
          I'll sign it for you next time I'm in Pensacola.

Comment

Chech might could come through with a Manning family set, 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Lecter MD View Post
              Chech might could come through with a Manning family set, 2.
              Funny you should say that. My LF has an autographed pic from Eli.

Comment

Can we please run from under center or the pistol?! That shotgun run was painfully sloooooowwww

Comment

Anybody got the pic/video of Irv Smith Jr deciding to lay down on the field when the 3 A&M tacklers at his feet were unsuccessful in bringing him down?
                  "There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
                  Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
                  Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
                  Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Comment

I made the comment Saturday that Kentucky's 50k fans sounded louder than our 100k. My brother just confirmed our crowd was dead. What the hell?

Comment

I made the comment Saturday that Kentucky's 50k fans sounded louder than our 100k. My brother just confirmed our crowd was dead. What the hell?
                      Probably had a lot to do with the heat. We sold our tickets because its just too hot to enjoy the stadium.

Comment

I wonder how loud it was before we stretched it out past 2 scores?

Comment

We have awful fans and one of the quietest stadiums in the conference. I also think our stadium just does a poor job of holding sound. The stands are built outward and there's nothing to trap noise. I have never been to Kentucky, Missouri, or TAMU. Of the rest, the only place that's quieter than BDS is Vandy. Ole Miss and State are louder with 30,000 less people. Neyland gets quiet when they are bad but good Tennessee teams have a good atmosphere.
                          barney_stinson_signature_by_schub3rt.jpg

Comment

Bring back Dixie Land Delight

Comment

Stadium was loud early, but you’re right about our fans. I have a lady who very deliberately puts in ear plugs when I’m clapping and yelling when we’re on D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X