Offensive Coordinators under Coach Saban

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive Coordinators under Coach Saban

Since the 2018 Bama offense is on pace to be record-setting (man, that was unusual to type), I thought it would be worthwhile to review the O coordinators under Saban:

Applewhite 2007
    McElwain 2008-2011
    Nussmeier 2012 & 13
    Kiffin 2014, 15, 16
    Daboll 2017
    Locksley 2018

You can throw out Applewhite and Sark from this analysis, just because.. But, based on the remainder, do you see Tua, Jalen or other Bama QBs excelling in the offensive system used by these guys? For that matter, what about the WRs or RBs? Each seems to have brought their own approach to the table in what has repeatedly been described as "Coach Saban's Offense." I'm not sure the term "Coach Saban's Offense" is accurate anymore seeing how the offense has evolved with each coordinator Has Coach Saban selected his O coordinator based upon what his on campus QB skillset brings to the table? Or, has he sought QB recruits based upon the O coordinator's playbook/expertise? Who got the most out of what they had to work with? Do you believe that Locksley is the "best" b/c of the numbers we are putting on the board and the stat sheet?

Discuss....

"There were no arguments, those were ass chewings....."
    Nick Saban 9/10/2016

“I don’t know who is driving all this stuff, but to me it’s kind of like mouse manure when you’re up to your ears in elephant doo-doo,"
    Nick Saban 05/29/2018

“You’re ruining the game with RPOs and illegal guys downfield. And you think it should be legal. You think it’s normal. Kiss my ass.”
    Nick Saban 06/13/2018

Originally posted by quack quack bang View Post
    Since the 2018 Bama offense is on pace to be record-setting (man, that was unusual to type), I thought it would be worthwhile to review the O coordinators under Saban:

Applewhite 2007
    McElwain 2008-2011
    Nussmeier 2012 & 13
    Kiffin 2014, 15, 16
    Daboll 2017
    Locksley 2018

You can throw out Applewhite and Sark from this analysis, just because.. But, based on the remainder, do you see Tua, Jalen or other Bama QBs excelling in the offensive system used by these guys? For that matter, what about the WRs or RBs? Each seems to have brought their own approach to the table in what has repeatedly been described as "Coach Saban's Offense." I'm not sure the term "Coach Saban's Offense" is accurate anymore seeing how the offense has evolved with each coordinator Has Coach Saban selected his O coordinator based upon what his on campus QB skillset brings to the table? Or, has he sought QB recruits based upon the O coordinator's playbook/expertise? Who got the most out of what they had to work with? Do you believe that Locksley is the "best" b/c of the numbers we are putting on the board and the stat sheet?

Discuss....

This O explosion is all about Tua... To Saban's credit, he's always been able to evolve and pushed himself to find OC's who help him do so. But with only a few exceptions (2010 & 2014) when the D wasn't up to snuff, his main offensive identity has been to score without risking TO's & bad field position, and control the ball. This changed in the second half of the UGA title game and will stay the same for another 1.5 years... And for 1 reason. Tua4Da$.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidestalker View Post

This O explosion is all about Tua... To Saban's credit, he's always been able to evolve and pushed himself to find OC's who help him do so. But with only a few exceptions (2010 & 2014) when the D wasn't up to snuff, his main offensive identity has been to score without risking TO's & bad field position, and control the ball. This changed in the second half of the UGA title game and will stay the same for another 1.5 years... And for 1 reason. Tua4Da$.
      Rat Poison.

Comment

Working...
      X